Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online
You last visited: Today at 19:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Unpacking latest EU

Discussion on Unpacking latest EU within the Cabal Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unpacking latest EU

Hi,

I was unpacking the latest EU version last night (1437) for "purely educational purposes" ofc. Found out that not only have the addresses and offsets changed, seems that the compiler has as well which effectively killed my patterns; previous releases have been compiled with msvc 7.0 (VS 2002) whereas the new version shows signs of msvc 9.0 (VS 2008). For example the patterns I've got for base addresses have been working for ages but now due to bytecode changes they don't - ops I've been using as a reference point have changed enough not to get picked up by the patterns. Might be that I ****** up somewhere along the road so is there anyone else who has unpacked the latest client and could confirm or deny what I just said?

The reason I'm asking is because if I'm right and compilers may change between builds, scanning for patterns isn't feasible option due to how freeform the patterns need to be. At least not for finding addresses and offsets.
Old 09/07/2012, 11:17   #2

elite*gold: 0
It's true, but since everybody here in the forum uses a version-fixed-fixedmain, most of them did'nt see the changes. They made mayor changes, it took me some time to find baseaddress and an other 2 hours to get everything like GM,aoe,range und some hacks again.