Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Blogs > raving_dude
You last visited: Today at 12:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Rate this Entry

The ethics of cheating

Posted 12/09/2008 at 17:50 by raving_dude

Cheating in games is as common as cheating in school tests. We all have used to it, and here at e*pvp we make most of it.
As cheating requires knowledge and generally brains one would think that it's controlled and contained. Hence, idiots don't hack. Being an active member for almost a year here I've noticed the opposite. Idiots do hack, and they do it a lot and are as destructive as possible. Hacking over the years has become easy and very straight forward. Frankly a sad fact.
So what are the ethics of hacking? Well, they are kind of rules. Pros and cons. Pluses and minuses. Whatever you want to call them.
Here are some of the points I would like to make. You may not agree, but here goes.

\\ Hacking gives you an unfair advantage. Don't use this to harm anyone.

\\ Keep your actions to yourself. Fair players will be angry at hackers. If there are a lot of cheaters in a game, many will leave. Be persona inqognito.

\\ Don't steal accounts. Never do that. An account is a private property. It's the same as stealing someones phone or car. Be a hacker, not a criminal.

\\ Mass hacks are a no-no. Crashing servers and such are not hacking anymore. This again is a crime and will harm others.

\\ The last point I want to make: Use your mind. Hacks can destroy a game and can make thousands even millions of people unhappy. Being a dick is not cool. Playing fair by the way will make the experience much better. You will get a sense of achievement, but I guess thats why you're here in the first place.

Thank you, and truly hope this will get to someone.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 950 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments