Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Blade & Soul
You last visited: Today at 08:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NCsoft Launcher Problems

Discussion on NCsoft Launcher Problems within the Blade & Soul forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 170
Received Thanks: 1,009
NCsoft Launcher Problems

Edit: NCSoft solved the problem for me. If you have any trouble installing the game or downloading the newest patch, contact them.

Hey guys,

the beautiful NCSoft launcher is making me crazy. I'm trying to install this game for two days now and it's not working. I've already tried almost any common fix solution (deleting antivirus, turning off my firewall, proxy, internet properties, etc.) but even after a few reinstall attempts the outcome is still the same: The launcher downloads a 9GB patch (version 27, yesterday 26), goes up to 99% and error E02018 shows up. Launcher says only 10MB are missing but he just won't download them. My whole download folder (C/ProgramFiles/NCSoft) has arround 24GB even though I didn't download that much (how is that even possible?).

Now its stuck at 9% and everytime I start the update again my download speed (6 Mbits/s) goes from ~700 Kb/s down to 0 Kb/s. A few minutes later the error message shows up again.

I really hope that someone can help me with this since I'd like to play this game.

Kind regards,
DesTroX
Old 03/25/2016, 15:13   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hello!
The 24GB is normal. The launcher is a liar on speeds and download sizes but that's now why you have 24GB, that's because after the launcher downloads files, it uncompresses the files.
What you can try this.
Run the repair file option on the launcher and wait as long as it needs you to when it says it's downloading something, might be 4, 6 hours. in reality it's downloading more stuff. If you get a traffic viewer you'll see it's using more bandwidth than what the launcher says.
After that you can set your version.ini file from the bns installation folder to read only
and you should be good.
Slow process.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/25/2016, 15:41   #3

elite*gold: 170
Received Thanks: 1,009
I'm going to try that now and I've also contacted the support, hoping that they can help me as well.