Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Atlantica Online
You last visited: Today at 06:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Banned From Atlantica

Discussion on Banned From Atlantica within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Banned From Atlantica

Apparently I attacked Ndoors a little too much and started one too many threads describing ways to get back at Ndoors. Essentially I got banned just like the guy that started the IM boycott thread. They even gave me the exact same reasons for the ban. Needless to say I'm trying to get around the ban. Here's what I've found so far:

It's not IP based. Change of IP does not affect the ban. Nor is it MAC address based. Cookies don't seem to be the issue either as attempting to circumvent the ban through VMware doesn't change anything. The ban affects both logging into the website and logging into the server, however the ban is not server based. Going on a different computer on the same network circumvents the ban. Also, interestingly, logging into atlantica lite instead of the full version allows you to log in, and also allows you to log in one time to the full version. Logging out again results in the ban being put back in place.

Based on these findings I believe there is some sort of registry value or identification being used. Changing the Windows product ID does not circumvent the ban. Any ideas on what this registry entry might be or how they are identifying my computer?
Old 07/03/2010, 01:10   #2

i dont know but i got banned cause i sold a few people macros lol =[
Old 07/03/2010, 03:08   #3

Eh, I lost interest again already. lol I think I figured out how to get around it though. Just start a new account on windows 7 and play atlantica out of that after changing your mac address and IP address. There's something in the registry that allows them to track you so a new account gets rid of that since it's basically a new windows.
Old 07/13/2010, 02:18   #4

Afaik, they ban you by your computer hardware id.
Old 07/19/2010, 10:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drixnak View Post
Eh, I lost interest again already. lol I think I figured out how to get around it though. Just start a new account on windows 7 and play atlantica out of that after changing your mac address and IP address. There's something in the registry that allows them to track you so a new account gets rid of that since it's basically a new windows.
can you prove this ?

EDIT :i used a program to hide my mac address and the game still knew i was banned, even after i made a second account , i've played the 2nd account for a while also.

anyways doesn't seem like that works
Old 07/19/2010, 10:57   #6

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgizle View Post
can you prove this ?

EDIT :i used a program to hide my mac address and the game still knew i was banned, even after i made a second account , i've played the 2nd account for a while also.

anyways doesn't seem like that works
Obvisious you are banned Server Sided , simply because the "account" is banned.

You can still make a new account however.

If that should not work its most likely that theirs a Registry entry that prevents you from doing that, as i dont think they will ever IP ban (while they can simply ban your main account and all connected accounts from the same network).
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/19/2010, 11:39   #7

Quote:
Also, interestingly, logging into atlantica lite instead of the full version allows you to log in, and also allows you to log in one time to the full version. Logging out again results in the ban being put back in place.

Im testing this out now, seeing as the only reason i want to get on my old account is to take the stuff i have on it off. i got billions of stuff on it that i can trade to myself using the Titan server, since i unfortunately made my new account on the wrong server

EDIT:trying to log in on the atlantica light version on a banned account does not work also , cause u still need to update it b4 u can log into the game
Old 07/23/2010, 18:55   #8

You can get unbanned but you have to start over. There is a registry entry that is left behind even after you uninstall the game. Rather than trying to find the **** thing you can just reinstall windows. Really, I think it's illegal for them to leave that registry entry behind, but nobody is going to challenge them on it. They do not ban by IP address, but they do track the IP address. So lets say you start a new name, that character will eventually get banned because it's connected to other names banned on that IP. Furthermore, any sort of login from a computer that is currently banned through registry, or from a computer with an IP that was banned at one point will be logged on the server side and flagged by admins and will eventually result in a ban. Logging on to the website from a computer that is banned through registry will result in an immediate ban from the website login.

In conclusion, you can get unbanned, but you can never touch an account that was banned or use an IP that was banned ever again and you must remove the registry entry identifying you. Any sort of association will get flagged, logged, and subsequently investigated resulting in a re-perm ban.

Logging into the light version does in fact let you log in one time and it puts your character in Beijing. You can get your stuff that way, but it does nothing since you're now associated and connected on that new name. It gets flagged. Trust me, I did it. I pretty much picked apart their policies. If you want to play this game, don't go near banned accounts or IPs and never log in from a computer that has the registry ban on it currently. You must start over fresh, no associations.
Old 07/24/2010, 02:19   #9

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,825
Quote:
You can get unbanned but you have to start over. There is a registry entry that is left behind even after you uninstall the game. Rather than trying to find the damn thing you can just reinstall windows. Really, I think it's illegal for them to leave that registry entry behind, but nobody is going to challenge them on it. They do not ban by IP address, but they do track the IP address. So lets say you start a new name, that character will eventually get banned because it's connected to other names banned on that IP. Furthermore, any sort of login from a computer that is currently banned through registry, or from a computer with an IP that was banned at one point will be logged on the server side and flagged by admins and will eventually result in a ban. Logging on to the website from a computer that is banned through registry will result in an immediate ban from the website login.

In conclusion, you can get unbanned, but you can never touch an account that was banned or use an IP that was banned ever again and you must remove the registry entry identifying you. Any sort of association will get flagged, logged, and subsequently investigated resulting in a re-perm ban.

Logging into the light version does in fact let you log in one time and it puts your character in Beijing. You can get your stuff that way, but it does nothing since you're now associated and connected on that new name. It gets flagged. Trust me, I did it. I pretty much picked apart their policies. If you want to play this game, don't go near banned accounts or IPs and never log in from a computer that has the registry ban on it currently. You must start over fresh, no associations.
Well i got tons of "Bannings" aswell, on "test" accounts to try some stuff over longer time.

However, i never encountered any problem with that after the Banning.

You are just unable to log in with "that" account, choose another and its working without any problem.

As a little protection you might use a Registry Scanner (like SpyBot) which might be able to protect your Registry if theirs anything that wants to write some ambigious stuff in it (while i highly think thats not even the case with a Registry entry, maybe a checksum or some random stuff, but for sure not a simpel Entry like "bool banned true/false" that would be just superior dumb.

Banning by IP doesnt seem to happen, as theirs no real advantage for them if they bann a IP range, they will hit way more potential players that have nothing to do with you.

Overall its just enough if your account is banned, theirs no need at all to stop you from just making another account, its tons of gold/time lose anyway, beside that you get pissed by the 3rd time or such and skip playing.

However, if you don't abuse something "too much" and "too obvisious" theirs little to no reason to get banned, unless someone is really running behind you or such.
Old 07/24/2010, 04:18   #10

Well, I never got banned for the bots or anything. I got banned because I started telling people how to hurt Ndoors with things like SEO blogging, causing google to pull up negative search terms, etc. Once you pose a threat to Ndoors they will hunt you down and they will track you. The guy who started the IM boycott thread also got banned. I have now been told that I've been banned for everything from fraud to racism to harassment. lol Needless to say, only way I was able to play the game again was to completely disassociate myself from any of my names and basically switch out everything. Otherwise, they'd always track me down and ban me. It's not like I was continuing to go on the forums either. They were making it a point to find me.
Old 07/24/2010, 15:35   #11

hmmm... maybe theres a difference from getting an account locked and getting an account banned .. my main account got locked for the 2nd time and still after sending a ticket to ndoors the next day my account is active again.. but another of my account got banned because of botting which is stupid of me since they have proof so i cant lie about it.. and theres 2 different error message after i log in my banned account which is different message from my locked account.

-i suggest keep trying to send a ticket or email ndoors support once a week or once every 3 days... they have a lot of people working on support team so different people different response on your ticket.
Old 07/24/2010, 16:24   #12

My last one resulted in a response saying that my account was banned for gcoin fraud and it was associated with other accounts that were banned for the same. These other accounts were banned for racism and harassment and the reply I got on those was that they had all discussed banning me and they had come to a unanimous decision. I don't care really anyway, it's not like those names were high level or something so it was pretty easy for me to start over. If I get banned this time around though I'm done. The game is just not worth my time.
Old 08/02/2010, 05:02   #13

i call BS on everything u r saying . . . "drixnak" I got banned cause i made a macro program and tried giving it to my friend in game, and some how i got reported for using it at goncourt. They said they will nvr unban me, but if i keep trying I'm sure it can get unbanned eventually.

Also I've made 2 new accounts since that happened and none of them got banned yet, so i think everything u said was strictly hypothetical. I tried the light version thing also, After u download it u have to update it to the current version, even if u skip the patch it wont let u log in until u update the game, and when u update it u cant log in cause by then it already knows u r banned.