Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Atlantica Online
You last visited: Today at 21:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AO Reborn: Server Relaunch

Discussion on AO Reborn: Server Relaunch within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 11/01/2019, 18:06   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyice12 View Post
So server rates still gona be 300/450 even with the increased level cap? so we spent almost 2months for nothing and not even getting increased rates?

Sorry for asking , but what for increased rates ? Wanna be Lv100 @ babylon questline ?
Old 11/01/2019, 18:13   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerbla View Post
Sorry for asking , but what for increased rates ? Wanna be Lv100 @ babylon questline ?
to be fair, you dont feel the increased rates untill 95+ anyway due to limitations of Exp caps due to levels. same way u dont get full exp from high level quests untill ur 95. so that statement aint making any sence.
Old 11/01/2019, 20:16   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyice12 View Post
to be fair, you dont feel the increased rates untill 95+ anyway due to limitations of Exp caps due to levels. same way u don't get full exp from high level quests untill ur 95. so that statement aint making any sence.
While that is partially true, this version of the game should have a split xp/workload bonus iirc, and THAT (workload bonus) is somewhere that could be improved.

On that point too, whether people like it (or admit it) AO is 100% gear bound and inability to craft things you need is a showstopper past 100'ish. Said it before, will say it again, make chars start at max skills. You still need to farm/jackpot, you still need to craft, you just DON'T have to craft junk that you have no use for just level skills. That's as big a QOL improvement as there could be one.

Gonna give the server a run, but not gonna play much. If chars/mercs carried over to the next phase, even if not geared and with just their level and upgrades, and some $$$ in the bank, maybe, but taking two weeks time to then start from zero, nah... i'll wait till release and then do it just one time.
Old 11/02/2019, 08:51   #19

your client gigas cant use weapon cannon
Old 11/02/2019, 11:49   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adioon90 View Post
your client gigas cant use weapon cannon
Thanks for pointing that out, it seems well configured in terms of weapon type and class, so I assume it's an issue with CLS_GIGAS, but will dig into it. Thanks for letting me know
Old 11/02/2019, 20:49   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ept76 View Post
On that point too, whether people like it (or admit it) AO is 100% gear bound and inability to craft things you need is a showstopper past 100'ish. Said it before, will say it again, make chars start at max skills. You still need to farm/jackpot, you still need to craft, you just DON'T have to craft junk that you have no use for just level skills. That's as big a QOL improvement as there could be one.
I totally agree. Crafting junk it's time consuming
Old 11/06/2019, 02:46   #22

server is on canot login ?
Old 11/06/2019, 10:06   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1978 View Post
server is on canot login ?
Server had heavy lag last night and had to be brought offline temporarily. I've raised a ticket with the datacentre and will bring it back up as soon as possible.
Old 11/08/2019, 20:32   #24

performance issues seem to be resolved for now, will keep monitoring but there's been no lag spikes for the last two days
Old 11/09/2019, 00:14   #25

Hehe was very excited to try out the server but seems like i chose the wrong time, is there a eta for the server to be back up?

ok nvm that was like 2 min and up again i guess just very bad timing on my part
Old 11/09/2019, 07:57   #26

is there already a timeframe for the go-live/reset?
Old 11/09/2019, 10:13   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by System24 View Post
is there already a timeframe for the go-live/reset?
Initial assumption was two weeks test, this may extend a bit - these files needed a lot of work and there's still plenty to do
Old 11/12/2019, 20:35   #28

looking forward to this server once again, hope there will be grand opening date published soon so i know when to quit my job
Old 11/13/2019, 21:06   #29

ok honest replied here theres good/bad review

the good things
-all license, item is prepped up, good works to gm
-all craftable start at level 1
-all town unlock automatically so no need to waste
-fame/crafting quest deleted so its bizarre(1st pserver who do it)

the bad one
-im doing main quest... and im kinda *insert negro picture with confuse like in discord*
dont know where to go...i mean i know but its just there, plain, and ive play like 3-4 days and stuck at level 36...the exp is so like normal...and its slower
-craft....i like the craft system but...4xp per craft is kinda like its better to play official...
-the book of sphinx... idk where people got them...ok fine their price is 100k but its like asking level 20+ to craft one set of book of sphinx for xp book and make them suffer..
for me for instance, im level 37 with 6 merc around 20-35... unupgraded 4 upgraded 3

my suggestion is to increase crystal reward but meh...ill be postponing to play this server until next wipe
Old 11/13/2019, 22:34   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacred_flower View Post
3-4 days and stuck at level 36...
Can assure you that 90'ish in a day is possible, no weird exploits, just knowing how AO works... Long story short, quests drag you down speed-wise, mercs drag you down experience-wise. D mercs are **** except for Monk, so get that one if you feel like having it from the go. Use a multi-hit main, anything but staff or sword. Craft 100k xp books when possible and use them to "soft-level". Ignore all mercs except Witch and Oracle until you're 100 (or+), they are pointless, and you can do their quests in 1h or so each after you get to 100'ish. Do Call to Arms and Sumpah when you get to the right level, those two are dead easy, you can almost do them naked :P Until you can do Alishan's TBS's, just do 3xCTA (10+15+20) and 3xSumpah(10+15+20) then use whatever TBS points you have left in Sumpah. Troy is hard wo/ a maxed Witch and decent gear, so keep that for later (or never...)

p.s. xp is capped, so the higher your level, the more you get. Thus craft also moves faster as you go up in levels. It also has the (nasty) side effect of making you need x fights per level, unless you craft and use xp books, and those only (realistically) work ok until 100'ish.

As for the server, it feels ok, if it's like this when it goes live, i'll play. TBS works now (Sumpah and Alishan ftw) and that's my thing in AO :P Only downer is having to craft books for mercs which is sucky as it depends on Stationery, Sewing and Crystal, but...