Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Atlantica Online
You last visited: Today at 16:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AO Reborn: Server Opening

Discussion on AO Reborn: Server Opening within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 09/06/2019, 23:39   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by magenub View Post
It's unlikely this can be changed. You could play in a group, or use exp books on your lower mercenaries to help raise them.
Really hard cause xp is hardcapped to level, so lower level mains/mercs always get less than higher. That's also why servers with 2000% xp aren't much faster... Books and quests bypass that so guess you could make a "final quest" at endgame so that endgame accs could plevel their low mercs, sort of...

Btw, can you make tanning price more reasonable? It's driving me broke :P 5k fixed price for something that can't be JP'ed is quite harsh
Old 09/07/2019, 20:23   #47

Recent changes were pretty bad. The high lvl players crafted themselves hundrets of bewitch and phoenix scrolls and a few days later you can't JP the mats for the scrolls anymore. Now it is too expensive and you have no chance farming with bewitch. Which then means no better equip. No FL -> no IND.
There really need to be some changes.
Old 09/08/2019, 20:33   #48

so after playing here for two weeks, i can safely say that this has been the only atlantica online server i've been able to enjoy playing on.

1. dude running it is very responsive, updates daily (which is insane)
2. pay2win only works with gold, so if you don't earn you don't proceed
3. crafting is +3 minimum, meaning 128 crafts maximum for a +10
4. dumb restrictions like leveling or 100+ main for saw is removed
5. time wasting quests (like observing fights) are gone
6. probably the best change is every kill gets an item

sounds like i'm kissing his *** and i probably am. my only real gripe is the workload amounts on the higher tier gear but i'm not sure that will be able to change. in the meantime he's recently added workload books to crafts to save on gold and offer guilds a cheap craft to get guild points with.
Old 09/12/2019, 14:27   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterz View Post
my only real gripe is the workload amounts on the higher tier gear but i'm not sure that will be able to change.
Workload is a factor of xp, which is hardcapped to your level, and workload bonus which i'm not even sure exists in this version.

It might, theoretically, be possible to abuse TBS a bit to hit huge workloads in record time, but can't confirm it cause my witches aren't up to it, yet

p.s. Amazing quality of life improvement now that the food effect was doubled (over the previously already increased values). Almost as good as cheap WoL's, that rez/heal all in one go...
Old 09/22/2019, 14:23   #50

Seems to be a great server ^^
i'm downloading it and want play on it ^^
so looooooong to wait for that
Old 09/22/2019, 22:09   #51

Thumbs up Impressions (+whining)

So i've decided to write few impressions of this server. I was really enjoing to play this server for almost 2 weeks of beta test and more than 1 month since its release. But i can see no more how admin fulfills any silly whim of this bunch of dumbasses who want game to be completely casual so they can make no efforts at all, no, even don't think at all. In other words, admin doesn't see where QoL changes end and changes which make it easy as F begin. Some of these changes admin put on poll where casual morons rule, some don't put. Maybe i even wouldn't be so dissatisfied if all these decisions he was taking by himself (perhaps because he looks more experienced).

So, more about these changes. 1) Buffing all the food twice and making it worth 5% will is definitely QoL change because it makes food really useful but making it twice effective again was silly. Now barley bibimbap restores HP like ambrosia and you need just 1 thing to recover yourself, lol wtf. There's no need now in korean meal, there's no need in adding new tiers of food. Food should be useful but no so easily achievable. It costs pennies to craft.

2) Adding crazy lord's seals to drop from constantinople mobs. Some kind of very insignificant change BUT. They drop in big amounts in Marksburg castle. I was doing it and completed 4 floors and part of 5th solo and got 100 or 200 of them (without even getting it to JP), can't remember well. Your guild doesn't run marksburg? It's YOUR problem that you all join one guild. Key costs silly 100 points and you can run it every day. But no, you don't want to think at all, you want to create problems out of air. And admin as an obedient slave fulfills this whim too and changes drop table.

3) Anti-bot flyers (bats, raptors, etc) now have cut wings. Insignificant change too but. This thing again. Ranged mercs? Magic mercs? Finally, magic? (It's what about killing them.) Maybe change your damn equipment so mercs won't die from one hit? NO. As i said, these casual morons don't want to think. They take shit mercs, don't upgrade them (and main is 30 lvls above mercs), they want just click-click-click. If some mob doesn't die from just clicking, they go whine in discord and admin do what they say.

These were small things, couldn't remember them all and i could live with them. Was actually living. But now will be crap which is the reason why i leave this server. I don't know is it implemented atm or is on the way to be implemented, just i know that admin is serious about this. I got depressed since i knew about this change, since friday, i wasn't playing, pointless.

4) New mercs' level now will be scaling to main's level (maximum to lvl 100). Maybe it was i who gave an initial push to this idea. If it's so, i blame myself hundreds, no, thousand times, but nonetheless it won't cancel other silly changes and some freak would come to this idea soon or later. But i was suggesting the addition of lvl 120 summon stones which can be traded for 5 normal summon stones, just i remember i saw these on some other AO server. Very soon i thought it's a very raw idea, lvl 120 is too high, amount of 5 is too small because e.g. witch quest is very short etc etc BUT. I hoped that admin could get something really good out of this idea, i was dreaming about some lively market of marble stones, novices could be doing these recruitment quests and selling stones to high-levels, making money this way, and high-levels could have more time experimenting with various pvp builds. Admin didn't consider important to say back at the moment there are no 120lvl summon marbles at all in this AO version and started to experiment with leveled summons, and we got what we got.

We got that casuals barely reached lvl 90 (with their mains only, ofc) and declared THEY WANT TO EXPERIMENT WITH BUILDS, lol wtf (x2). Yeah, i understand, you have sooooo much mercs to choose from on lvl 90 (sarcasm). But more important, leveling 1 merc from lvl 1 to lvl 100 costs silly 40m gold. It's not really a sum on lvl 105+ when you can get it just from fights. Level 90 is still a tutorial zone, exp table will scale greatly since lvl 96, but lvls are still achievable. In short, they, with their tutorial zone levels, want everything right here and right now, and admin is... well, you know, not against it. And there are daily quests on lvl 102 that give good portion of exp but casuals definitely won't care. Why you need to do some SiLlY quests if you can just use marble stone and get 100 lvl merc, which is ready to fight? I don't even say you need to do something with retirement system, it's in danger when you can just book your main to lvl 100 and pop out these mercs.

Looks like i'm out of my passion and i forgot what else i wanted to say. So i'll repeat, i'm glad i found this server, that was a great time. To be honest, never played so long (6 weeks) during one session any single or multi player game, usually it's 2 weeks and i abandon game for months or years. I understand very clearly that server can't satisfy everyone. And this contradiction. Admin says he won't add WoL because it'll break food craft but change №1 does this as well. He says you can't get things in one pop (can't remember the phrase verbatim) on this server but adds these silly 100 lvl mercs.

Anyway I heartily wish a prosperity to this server, i hope it will find its fanbase, maybe it already exists but small one, so i wish it to be bigger. My opinion, best AO private server since OGrealms' death.
Sincerely, Doppelganger/ToddHoward/Accopmu.
Old 09/22/2019, 23:21   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm633 View Post
Feedback..
Sincerely, Doppelganger/ToddHoward/Accopmu.
Thanks for giving your thoughts As you say it's difficult to please everyone, and also difficult to see all the aspects of a situation sometimes.
1) I actively play the game as well, and even with the current buffs, i'm often having to use multiple korean meals after a fight at the higher level dungeons (saloon/ghost town/etc). Even at 4x default values it still often needs multiple foods.

2) It's true people could/should run Marksburg for seals, but the reality is people just skip over conqueror gear as dragon/gold dragon into freezing is a much easier route. Whilst adding to constantinople isn't ideal, it does fit along the lines of giving blood knight drops to bran and gilgamesh drops to babylon. If it encourages conqueror gear to be crafted at all then I see the change as good, as the gear tier was being completely ignored before the change.

3) The anti macro bats were a poor implementation of anti botting features that simply served to hurt melee formations. This is a private server with a small player base and I have built a private dashboard to monitor fight quantities and distributions. There is no need to punish normal players with this terrible anti bot mechanic.

4) The idea of 120 summon stones/etc is a decent one, but items such as this don't exist on these server files and people are too profiteering to share newer files. This change was heavily thought through. It will only apply to sealed orbs, only to rank C+ mercenaries, and cap at level 100. There won't be independent merc abuse due to this, and their rewards will be adjusted in case people still try.
The current situation is that when anyone 100+ gets a new merc, their first step before it's even usable is to book it to 100. For new players < 100, they can't afford to do this and are left with a merc that is terrible for a long time. This change makes them rapidly usable and I wouldn't have implemented it without thinking it was appropriate.

Whatever you choose to play I wish you all the best
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/24/2019, 00:44   #53

i'm under the impression you didn't level very far, or actually get decent gear.
Old 10/05/2019, 08:57   #54

Hey i can't get gear item from inbox, press receive and noting happen?
Old 10/05/2019, 10:27   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveyond View Post
Hey i can't get gear item from inbox, press receive and noting happen?
Easy to fix follow the steps of the first thing here: http://aoreborn.ddns.net/faq
Old 11/07/2019, 09:54   #56

Ok.
Maybe this will be my only time where I write something here but itīs worth.

I ducking love this Pserver. For me (i played the game since the "80 Battles the Day System", dont get the right words for it.) and this server feels nice. Many things i hated are removed or changed and after a long time i really have the need to complete the game.

Please forgive the perfect english and greetings from Germany. Cant wait for the next patch.....YES!

Edit: I just should ask where I can report a bug....
Old 11/07/2019, 19:56   #57

Please close this thread as there is a new thread for the server and I don't want to cause confusion between the two
Old 11/08/2019, 20:24   #58

The Black Market: 169/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,111
#closed as requested
Closed Thread