Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Atlantica Online
You last visited: Today at 18:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Colm vs BanGGooN

Discussion on Colm vs BanGGooN within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cool Colm vs BanGGooN

Really nice match for the most part, I didn't expect the whip main to be that strong. Even with the unfortunate ending (which I won't spoil if you haven't seen it) I hope BanGGooN brings out the whip next week. What do you guys think? AND (shameless plug) if you haven't seen it yet, I did commentate it. I still make videos (unfortunately, I know) so if you want to check it out, link is below.

Old 04/19/2017, 16:56   #2

Thumbs up

Just wanted to give a few opinions if this is something you enjoy doing and want to do more of.

1/ Don't use FF music, infact don't use any music not from AO. AO has so much good stuff to use and it keeps it 'on topic'

2/ Music was too loud made your voice drown out some and sound effects too low. Sweet spot would voice > sound effect > music

3/ turn chat sounds or/and possible hide chat and don't interact with people/chat. Its again distracting and pulls the viewer away from the fight and your voice and may miss key moves/game changers. I'd say hide the UI but we really want to see spell cast history so maybe place you channels logo or something fitting over chat or make a custom UI.

4/ Try to watch more matches thru the week to not only learn the players that might be up-comers but also know which heroes a player has and talk to player to see how the skill them. You could go further and ask all finalist for screen of each heroes stat/gear pages to show pre-match and make it a filler for after too (like other sports would). this not only increases the quality of you cast but players can learn and come to your page for more than just a recap.

5/ make sure you fully awake and clear head for the audio recording, yawning can trigger a viewer to yawn thus they might think they or you are bored. You have to be engaging with the viewer to spark interest and to garner replies in comments about not just the match but players and the game in general.

6/ Not sure if this still works but slow you game speed down so people watching can see all spells cast (animations) and maybe even learn to spot combos and pretty skills that you can turn on the in-game skill camera (forgot its name but its Y i think, its when you get FoV of heroes casting)

I'm sure there is more i can post but in general you did really good and its nice to seem someone put work in for the community in this regard, also if you get some negative post/people don't let it get you down go knows i get the rap for a lot of things but just learn to push on.

I've not played on AO for a long time are the servers the same names as before or have they merged? which do you play on and how long have you been playing?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2017, 18:17   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevy21 View Post
Just wanted to give a few opinions if this is something you enjoy doing and want to do more of.

1/ Don't use FF music, infact don't use any music not from AO. AO has so much good stuff to use and it keeps it 'on topic'

2/ Music was too loud made your voice drown out some and sound effects too low. Sweet spot would voice > sound effect > music

3/ turn chat sounds or/and possible hide chat and don't interact with people/chat. Its again distracting and pulls the viewer away from the fight and your voice and may miss key moves/game changers. I'd say hide the UI but we really want to see spell cast history so maybe place you channels logo or something fitting over chat or make a custom UI.

4/ Try to watch more matches thru the week to not only learn the players that might be up-comers but also know which heroes a player has and talk to player to see how the skill them. You could go further and ask all finalist for screen of each heroes stat/gear pages to show pre-match and make it a filler for after too (like other sports would). this not only increases the quality of you cast but players can learn and come to your page for more than just a recap.

5/ make sure you fully awake and clear head for the audio recording, yawning can trigger a viewer to yawn thus they might think they or you are bored. You have to be engaging with the viewer to spark interest and to garner replies in comments about not just the match but players and the game in general.

6/ Not sure if this still works but slow you game speed down so people watching can see all spells cast (animations) and maybe even learn to spot combos and pretty skills that you can turn on the in-game skill camera (forgot its name but its Y i think, its when you get FoV of heroes casting)

I'm sure there is more i can post but in general you did really good and its nice to seem someone put work in for the community in this regard, also if you get some negative post/people don't let it get you down go knows i get the rap for a lot of things but just learn to push on.

I've not played on AO for a long time are the servers the same names as before or have they merged? which do you play on and how long have you been playing?
1. I really like adding other music, some people have told me they enjoyed my music choices and I think it's a way to separate myself from someone else recording the same match that would just have the music from the game. Don't get me wrong, I love the in game music. But I personally think good music as soft background music would be enticing. But I'll turn the music down.

2. I agree entirely.

3. I didn't even know there was a way to hide chat, I'll look into doing that next week

4. Yeah I like that idea! I play on Macedon so the competiton is pretty dead when it comes to our server unfortunately. But I like the talking to players and getting screen shots of their gear idea, I'll definitely try to implement that (if they even respond to me lol)

5. I agree again. I don't know if you've watched my other videos but I've been deathly sick literally all month ( I got sick right after April Fools day and I'm FINALLY starting to feel better ) I don't usually yawn and shit, just this cold/flu has gotten the best of me these past few weeks.

6. Yeah they removed the slowing game speed down, I can do that in the video editor though, like slow down the video just a little bit but I don't want to make it to long/slow to watch but I'll play around in the video editor and see what I can do.

I believe the server names are the same, I've played on and off for a few years but I just recently got back into it like hardcore since Feb. on this character and I'm hoping to go ALL the way (like max level and maybe competing in some titan's myself.) I'm on the server Macedon. What about you?

Also thank you for the feedback, was really informative and I will definitely take into consideration all the points you made to improve future commentaries.
Old 04/21/2017, 10:36   #4

youtube has playback speed modifiers, so he doesn't need to change the speed at all.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2017, 15:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterz View Post
youtube has playback speed modifiers, so he doesn't need to change the speed at all.
You are completely missing the point, how does he lay audio over it if someone slows down the video?

He would slow down the video to show plays and make commentary about it, like combos and procs. You know, the whole point of the videos.

I swear sometimes people post with their brain switched off.
Old 04/23/2017, 16:42   #6

it's almost like anyone can rewind the video at any time they wish.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
banggoon, colm, commentary, pvp, titan