Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 16:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] Tempest An Archlord Emulator

Discussion on [Development] Tempest An Archlord Emulator within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Development] Tempest An Archlord Emulator

Hello, i am CoolManBob AKA (void*)0, for the past 3 years i have been programming in C++ and have been doing World of Warcraft Emulation. after WoW got boring, i went in search of a new game. I found Archlord, i have played it before, on the CM servers but it was only for a short time. Recently i have gotten back into the game, and have been playing quite frequently on the Webzen servers having a level 50 mage and a 38 ranger.

I decided I wanted to emulate this game, to help understand what is going on underneath the "hood" so to say. After doing some research and coming across dead leads, i decided to program something from scratch. That is when Tempest was born, again remember this is only recent. I originally was going to write it for WoW, but since i have just been able to get onto the Chinese PServer and soon ill be playing on the korean server aswell. This is an opportune time to packet log and get as much packets as we can, and analyze them!

What is Tempest?
Tempest is an Archlord Emulator that is written in C++, it uses the Poco C++ library for the Network and various other things.

How far along is Tempest?
Not very far at all, only have started it 2 weeks ago, not a great deal has been done.

So What has been done?
LoginServer framework, which includes all the network stuff

What can you do to help?
Use a Packet logging software (i used WPE Pro) and log as much packets as you can and post them here so we can all work on them together

I have uploaded my initial packet log that i have taken about 20 minutes ago. I will begin to dissect the packets.

Will it be Open Source?
Of course it will be, there is nothing that i love more in this world than free knowledge

So When can we expect to see it?
When the Logging in has been completed and we can at least get inside the world
Attached Files
File Type: rar Packet log 05.11.10.rar (314.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: txt Auth Packet Log + Enter Game 5.11.10.txt (85.7 KB, 128 views)
Thanks
8 Users
Old 05/11/2010, 10:09   #2

Id Like To Be One Of The First Testers For You
Plz Hit Me Up with A Pm If You Wouldnt Mind

EDIT<<<

And Good Job

EDITT #2<<<

Ive Played The Korean Archlord And Still Got It Saved On My Comp So If You Need Help Lemme Know
Old 05/11/2010, 10:13   #3

Does WPE work with Webzen? If so ill try log some packets then.
Old 05/11/2010, 10:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerBoy View Post
Does WPE work with Webzen? If so ill try log some packets then.
No im sorry it doesnt, GameGuard prevents that. It would be easier to use an older client like the korean or w/e and convert it to english, and then use english server db info

+++ Updated first post with some Auth + Entering world packets
Old 05/11/2010, 10:38   #5

i can get past gameguard ^^
well i know someone who can tell u how
Old 05/11/2010, 10:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley152 View Post
i can get past gameguard ^^
well i know someone who can tell u how
oh? that would be nice tell them to send me a pm or something
Old 05/11/2010, 11:10   #7

will do
Old 05/11/2010, 11:41   #8

Also if anyone has a link or could upload the english pack for the chinese pserver client, that would be great It would make my job easier lol
Old 05/11/2010, 20:35   #9

I think i have english packet,just kinda busy,will try to find it later,and i would like to join the team.
I know to make some simple programs in python,and im very good at internet designing(Got my own design forum),i would like to help by designing a website/forum for our new pserver or even try to help a bit getting all packets and stuff
Pm me with your msn...
Old 05/12/2010, 21:00   #10

Just to update everyone as to the status of this project.

I have been hard at work reversing the encryption technique that is being used, this is what ive discovered.

They use blowfish to encrypt/decrypt the packets, i have been unable to find exactly where this is done, but im still looking

They use some calls to Advapi32.dll for im sure the authkey generation, wether or not they use this as their private key for the blowfish i dont know

They also have some AES stuff, but i havn't quite figured it out yet.

If there is anybody out there that is interested in giving me a hand in reversing the encryption it would be greatly appreciated, just drop me a pm or add my msn

i also have a yahoo

Update: I have located inside the chinese pserver where the login encryption takes place, so its only a little matter of time until i break the encryption and am able to decrypt/encrypt the packets

Update 2: I have discovered what they are using the calls to advapi32 for, they are doing it for the encryption/decryption of the files

Update 3: I think i have located the Blowfish keys inside the chinese pserver bins, I may post them at a later time so others can compare or put their input into what they think. I also have found the Rijindel Keys aswell, it seems they use AES after the blowfish stuff, still looking into how they use it
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/13/2010, 09:15   #11

it seems u know allot so we may see something happen here ^^
Old 05/13/2010, 11:16   #12

As promised here are the possible keys
Attached Files
File Type: txt possible blowfish keys.txt (291 Bytes, 62 views)
Old 05/13/2010, 11:51   #13

Mate if you figure out how to by pass the gamegaurd then ill help ya with getting the packets.
Old 05/13/2010, 12:48   #14

SoccerBoy we dont need you to ruin this too...
No offence but you ruined all we had....
Old 05/13/2010, 13:06   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Skazy~ View Post
SoccerBoy we dont need you to ruin this too...
No offence but you ruined all we had....
I didnt want to say this but on korean archlord you were 19994 and Haxsor or someshit, and you told me yourself you were in the process of buying a lvl 76 ranger and you offered like 2 billion gold and 3 stacks of lvl 99 prayer stones.... so if anyone ruined it, it was you, you were the person offering stacks of 99 prayer stones, i never saw that Esoteric dude offer anyone them....

All there is against me is accusations of being this Esoteric dude which im not, i was Electric.... If any of you were smart enough you would see that Esoteric guy could barely speak english properly.. yet look at me.... but you guys are stupid therefore i dont need to defend myself to stupid people.