Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 16:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Actual serverfiles fixes and problems

Discussion on Actual serverfiles fixes and problems within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 07/16/2017, 17:41   #121

elite*gold: 0
Any updates? Can't wait to play
Old 07/17/2017, 09:27   #122

I don't understand, why claim your project is open source in the github readme, then turn around and say its not?

"ArchServerCalidus is a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++."

This seems to be the basis, but all I see is binary files. No source. It's not a big deal if you never wanted to open source it to begin with, but you should state that. It is simply bad faith to make the claim that it's open source then never make it open source. I was pretty interested in dusting some stuff back off to work on this game a bit, but I dunno. To be honest, I don't really want to spend a significant amount of time doing research, I have other projects I could spend that time on. I did however want to help further this emulator and fix bugs/reverse packet structures, but it being closed source makes it difficult to contribute to it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/18/2017, 03:24   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolManBob View Post
I don't understand, why claim your project is open source in the github readme, then turn around and say its not?

"ArchServerCalidus is a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++."

This seems to be the basis, but all I see is binary files. No source. It's not a big deal if you never wanted to open source it to begin with, but you should state that. It is simply bad faith to make the claim that it's open source then never make it open source. I was pretty interested in dusting some stuff back off to work on this game a bit, but I dunno. To be honest, I don't really want to spend a significant amount of time doing research, I have other projects I could spend that time on. I did however want to help further this emulator and fix bugs/reverse packet structures, but it being closed source makes it difficult to contribute to it.
I belive.that at some point,he wanted this project to evolve and be free source,but the project abruptly fell off the radar the moment oisy opened his server
Old 07/18/2017, 07:24   #124

#
Old 07/18/2017, 10:43   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
The project isnt closed.For the moment my hard drive has burned out,so i will need time to rebuild back the testing host.(right now i dont have so much time to work for this,got other rl problems so ,when i will solve my rl problems i will come back with pleasure).

Thank you.Peace.
That's fine, but wouldn't that make it more important to open the source code? You not having time to work on it is okay, but if things were open and free other's could come in and help develop it. Especially when you claim you are having a lot of issue currently.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/19/2017, 09:19   #126

#
Old 07/22/2017, 11:13   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
Hy there old member of Archlord!
As i dont know if you know about this project doesnt have a full source code(i work on old files released few years ago,the files can be fixed and solve few problems-excluded siege problems).
I work with ida pro/hex editors/cheat engine and others little softwares to fix things on this serverfiles.
I cleaned them and solved some missing tables+added missing *txt files,*ini files.
I merged obs and obj files from 20-30 loading objects in 1 object.
I removed empty obs/obj files that doesnt contains any informations.
I fixed some errors like:moving into the rock(object was there you can see it but you can hide in it and other things like this)
The consoles are fixed by me(missing features in consoles as loading few *txt files named in chinese and cant found them because they used chinese characters in name of the file,there are few functions limited in game and i removed the limited options and other things can be done but i need help,cant work alone)
You can read about updates on files here :

And the latest github updated by me files are uploaded here:

Why in archive?Because github changes parameters in *txt files and *ini files(then when you clone the git the server cant start because this modifications done automaticaly by git)
I think as a former Celestia staff member,he knows very well how **** the old files are :XD
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2017, 06:48   #128

Thank you so much for your project. I'm sorry I'm not good at English.

you need ep4 client ?

i have ep4 Prelude to Power 2007.8.16 client(Korean)

link here

server open success win7/orc11gR2

but, none npc and walking.. same position

ep3 client login Can not play?

I'm sorry I'm not good at English.
Old 08/02/2017, 11:19   #129

Episode 3 En client works but yeah uknown packets to see npc and monsters , use episode 1(celestia client till some fixes)
Old 08/04/2017, 18:52   #130

Celestia client << Can I download it?
Please help me~
I hope to play archlord..^^

I 'm download complete 3 client [Archlord_Celestia_09_2010], [Archlord_Celestia_01_2011] , [Archlord_Celestia_02_2011_Rising] but , ep3 client alefclient.exe same ^^;;
none npc and can not move..
xp sp3(server) windows7(client) tell me how

▶who alefclient.exe download link... please hlep me◀

- I'm sorry english google translation -
Old 08/06/2017, 19:33   #131

Hello, how are you, with these server files already set as described here how the server would work? Would episode3 with combos working? , Could give a little more information, with worlds ice, poison? Set realm and what do you have as CODEMASTER? Thank you very much, I want to create an archlord free cc server.
Old 08/08/2017, 18:15   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdgnsl7004 View Post
Celestia client << Can I download it?
Please help me~
I hope to play archlord..^^

I 'm download complete 3 client [Archlord_Celestia_09_2010], [Archlord_Celestia_01_2011] , [Archlord_Celestia_02_2011_Rising] but , ep3 client alefclient.exe same ^^;;
none npc and can not move..
xp sp3(server) windows7(client) tell me how

▶who alefclient.exe download link... please hlep me◀

- I'm sorry english google translation -
Hey wjdgnsl7004 can you please the link where you the
Celestia clients have loaded (because the on the bul., Pol., Cez. or what I know I language) I can not understand.or you can upload them
Look at me then exactly.
Old 08/09/2017, 03:00   #133

I'll upload it to Google Drive after work

Archlord_Celestia_01_2011

Archlord_Celestia_02_2011_Rising

Archlord_Celestia_09_2010
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2017, 23:00   #134

Hey wjdgnsl7004 the clients of celestia is ep3 .play the game offline go to tuan565.com.
you can the server play offline look in the tutorial of tuan565.you play online you play costom,adria (name ??).or you play justac.gr klemmy
Old 10/01/2017, 20:43   #135

Relay works, login and world not. I did all like in readme but those 2 simply dont work.