Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 08:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is Archlord lame game like people say...

Discussion on Is Archlord lame game like people say... within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs down Is Archlord lame game like people say...

After looking around for some information for archlord i got many diffren't
opinions about archlord. So i'm asking you what o you think about archlord and what is good or bad about it.
As myself i think archlord is quite good for some time but it will gturn into grinding game from some time after low lvls.
Tho i like the auction system and the weapon upgrading system.
Pvp is quite nice aswell but pve is totally lame.
Old 04/24/2008, 21:14   #2

i did like both
i liked the way mobs (AKA monsters) dies
i like lots of the ppl ingame which know how to be nice and dont be rude
however
i dont like the ones that just looking to fight and argue with some1 with their attitude

i give this game 9/10 cuz i dont have cc ATM xD...
Old 04/24/2008, 21:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp View Post
After looking around for some information for archlord i got many diffren't
opinions about archlord. So i'm asking you what o you think about archlord and what is good or bad about it.
As myself i think archlord is quite good for some time but it will gturn into grinding game from some time after low lvls.
Tho i like the auction system and the weapon upgrading system.
Pvp is quite nice aswell but pve is totally lame.
my opinion :
1- Game is very good never been dced / never been hacked for 3months now
2- No traffic problems / lvling is easier than more other games with aoe skills
3- cc items sold with gold so you dont have to waste ur money
what i dont like about the game
1- after 50x NO MORE DROPS excpet some scrolls / pinks
2- There's nothing to do but grinding if you know wht i mean
3- after 50x you will get broke within 10days if you dont buy / glitch gold
So basicly if you dont have glitches someone to support you in these game
dont play it !
Old 04/24/2008, 22:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by progines View Post
my opinion :

1- after 50x NO MORE DROPS excpet some scrolls / pinks

3- after 50x you will get broke within 10days if you dont buy / glitch gold
LoL to both...

1)i had fking awesome drops above 5x

3)u just need a guild with a castle and know how to use the AH
Old 04/25/2008, 02:44   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoZz View Post
LoL to both...

1)i had fking awesome drops above 5x

3)u just need a guild with a castle and know how to use the AH
I agree with him if u not have a good guild :S and take a minute for day looking the AH and do a lot of gold...

but dont like the game in all, need more event because it only grinding so bouring
Old 04/25/2008, 15:08   #6

my view on archlord.
Having startedplaying archlord while it was in closed beta, through open beta and while it was pay to play until now.
possibly one of the first people tostep foot on gaiahon server.
Episode1 was fun, new game new people, all learning the game and having fun.and while it was pay to play we had some support from codemasters.
as time went on, not enough peoplewere paying to play, so codemasters made it buy to play (buy the game,free to play after) that baught a few more people into the game, and with the introduction of the buy chantra system attracted somemore new people.which in turn gave us chance to build some big guilds, have wars and gankfests while grinding.
each day was fun, pking for spots, hunting other guilds and still being able to level.
but with the support from codemasters slowly dissapearing, and the ever going promise for episode 2s release people got frustrated,bored and generally didnt want to play much.
This in turn seemd to force codemasters to release an untested,bug filled episode 2.
Many of us left, some of the bigest guilds quit eg newXposed,PROPHECY,hadesfeuer and so on.
which left EyesOfWar as the biggest guild left on that server.
questionable the bigest cheaters guild with self confessed account buyers,power lvl users and rmt users.
With the admition of these people, upset many honest players who also then left the game.
codemasters seems to distance them selves from fixing anything, their relationship with game creators NHN corp seems to be a little confusing, and while Korea have ep 5 we still have a dodgey ep2.
the game its self is fun if you like to grind.
but you WILL need chantrato have any kind of real fun at higher levels.
chantra either will cost you real life money (from chantra shope through codemaster site) or buying in game which means youl need to save as much gold as possible eg - 1000 chantra 1/2 million gold.
failure rates on upgrading weapons and armour is also a bit sucky.expect to lose a few million before having 1 decent item.
all in all grind fest,unsuported,corrupt gms (one gm recently fired for making items,giving out free xp and chantra items which are not even available in our version yet)
with the added hype of such games as age of conan,warhammer online,rohan and others many many people will be leaving archlord in the near future.
and many people will tell you that the game is on a pretty steep downfall.
iif your not serious about gaming id suggest trying it, see how you get on, 1 - 50 is kinda easy and boring. after 50 then you need gold,chantra and friends.
if your looking for a serious game,by which i mean a game you want to play everyday id suggest waiting a few weeks for age of conan,or rohan. or maybe even wait a little longer for warhammer online or the chronicles of spellborn.
failing that theres always WoW which to be fair will always be the most popular mmo game there is (possibly age of conan or warhammer will rock the WoW boat a bit).and with the upcoming WoW expansion on the horizon and a steady 10 mill + people playing it i guess we will see.
well ill stop rambling now, i hope that i didnt bore anyone too much.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/25/2008, 15:17   #7

Archlord is a quiet good game.
Very nice graphic for a free-mmorpg and u dont need a high-end pc to play it.
The Animations look cool and the whole wolrd with its monsters and all the other things is designed very well.
Yeah, itīs a grinding game. Ok there are quests u can do, but just some of them will give u really much xp, so I normally just do them when i know that I will get enaugh money =)

For all who dont like grinding games it will become very hard to grind in the lvls 60+++

You have jobs u can do to get crazy monster-potions wich can change ur charakter into a monster or where u can make any other potions u could need for.

Archlord is the wrong game for pvp fans I think.
Ok u can kill any player while they are grinding from behind and u just get a skull for it (ooooh so scared of this dump skull =/).
U have a special dungeon where u can fight other ppl but u will see nobody will be there U are always alone in this big dungeon with some npc mobs who dont really like u.
U have an arena in every big citiy where u can have little fights between each other but anyway thats nothing for pvp-lover.
Ah I just forget, u must be lvl 30 to make pvp.

The sieges.... shouldnt we better call them laggs ?
The whole **** server is lagging while the guilds fight each other to get a castle.
U can walk step by step. Every step needs 5 minutes or more.

Lets come to the best thing.
Chantra woohoo !!!

For all who thought Archlord is free, NO its not.
Ok first it is free. U can download it, u can play it and so on.
But u will see after u reach some higher lvls, without chantra u cant stay alive in Archlord.
Chantra is a must in Archlord any everybody who doesnt say, doesnt say the truth.

Archlord sounds kinda bad now but well, its not as bad as it sounds.
Its for sure not the best mmo but u dont do anything wrong if u try it.

Could be that it gets boring after hours, days, weeks or month of grinding but just take some time to play anything else. (Thats the way i do it)

Try it out and get ur own experience, thats always the best u can do.

Greetz, Skre1th
Old 04/25/2008, 15:24   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux-penguin View Post
my view on archlord.
Having startedplaying archlord while it was in closed beta, through open beta and while it was pay to play until now.
possibly one of the first people tostep foot on gaiahon server.
Episode1 was fun, new game new people, all learning the game and having fun.and while it was pay to play we had some support from codemasters.
as time went on, not enough peoplewere paying to play, so codemasters made it buy to play (buy the game,free to play after) that baught a few more people into the game, and with the introduction of the buy chantra system attracted somemore new people.which in turn gave us chance to build some big guilds, have wars and gankfests while grinding.
each day was fun, pking for spots, hunting other guilds and still being able to level.
but with the support from codemasters slowly dissapearing, and the ever going promise for episode 2s release people got frustrated,bored and generally didnt want to play much.
This in turn seemd to force codemasters to release an untested,bug filled episode 2.
Many of us left, some of the bigest guilds quit eg newXposed,PROPHECY,hadesfeuer and so on.
which left EyesOfWar as the biggest guild left on that server.
questionable the bigest cheaters guild with self confessed account buyers,power lvl users and rmt users.
With the admition of these people, upset many honest players who also then left the game.
codemasters seems to distance them selves from fixing anything, their relationship with game creators NHN corp seems to be a little confusing, and while Korea have ep 5 we still have a dodgey ep2.
the game its self is fun if you like to grind.
but you WILL need chantrato have any kind of real fun at higher levels.
chantra either will cost you real life money (from chantra shope through codemaster site) or buying in game which means youl need to save as much gold as possible eg - 1000 chantra 1/2 million gold.
failure rates on upgrading weapons and armour is also a bit sucky.expect to lose a few million before having 1 decent item.
all in all grind fest,unsuported,corrupt gms (one gm recently fired for making items,giving out free xp and chantra items which are not even available in our version yet)
with the added hype of such games as age of conan,warhammer online,rohan and others many many people will be leaving archlord in the near future.
and many people will tell you that the game is on a pretty steep downfall.
iif your not serious about gaming id suggest trying it, see how you get on, 1 - 50 is kinda easy and boring. after 50 then you need gold,chantra and friends.
if your looking for a serious game,by which i mean a game you want to play everyday id suggest waiting a few weeks for age of conan,or rohan. or maybe even wait a little longer for warhammer online or the chronicles of spellborn.
failing that theres always WoW which to be fair will always be the most popular mmo game there is (possibly age of conan or warhammer will rock the WoW boat a bit).and with the upcoming WoW expansion on the horizon and a steady 10 mill + people playing it i guess we will see.
well ill stop rambling now, i hope that i didnt bore anyone too much.
(tux posted this article whil i was typing mine so sorry for double post)
I have to thank tux-penguin for this little story of Gaiahon.
Hes right with nearly every word he wrote and he did it very well.
Congratz tux, very nice work.
Old 04/25/2008, 17:16   #9

Taken from the retail box :

* Rise from amongst the many lead your army to be crowned Archlord *

* Full blow castle sieges and epic gvg battles *

* Enage in fearsome mounted combat on Battle Rhinos and more *

* Constant updates in an ever expanding game world *

WTF ?

isnt that a fraud or a scam? That was in the box before sieges and archlord tittle battles
Old 04/25/2008, 17:39   #10

Quote:
Taken from the retail box :

* Rise from amongst the many lead your army to be crowned Archlord *

* Full blow castle sieges and epic gvg battles *

* Enage in fearsome mounted combat on Battle Rhinos and more *

* Constant updates in an ever expanding game world *

WTF ?

isnt that a fraud or a scam? That was in the box before sieges and archlord tittle battles
well thats why me and some other people threatoned codemasters with legal action for false advertising.
following several phone calls to them, they released ep2 test server, and then released ep2.unfortunatly the 100s of bugs we reported from the ep2 test were left unchanged, and are still in game.
and the siege lag fest is pretty easy to fix. but having asked numerous times to have a direct email to NHN and being met with the reply of send a mail to cm. i cant really tell them how to fix it.
but they will never fix it, while people still pay real money for items.
AoC will see the end of archlord im 90% sure on that.
but i dont even play archlord anymore. after playing it for about 2 years, haveing at least 1 of every class at lvl 50 and a few lvl 70+ i had enough of codemasters lies.
Old 04/25/2008, 17:51   #11

Quote:
well thats why me and some other people threatoned codemasters with legal action for false advertising.
following several phone calls to them, they released ep2 test server, and then released ep2.unfortunatly the 100s of bugs we reported from the ep2 test were left unchanged, and are still in game.
and the siege lag fest is pretty easy to fix. but having asked numerous times to have a direct email to NHN and being met with the reply of send a mail to cm. i cant really tell them how to fix it.
but they will never fix it, while people still pay real money for items.
AoC will see the end of archlord im 90% sure on that.
but i dont even play archlord anymore. after playing it for about 2 years, haveing at least 1 of every class at lvl 50 and a few lvl 70+ i had enough of codemasters lies.
yea.. AoC is the end of al.. anyway i am moving to wow for now
Old 04/25/2008, 18:12   #12

Quote:
yea.. AoC is the end of al.. anyway i am moving to wow for now
start on thunderhorn server on horde side if you do
thats where i am
Old 04/25/2008, 19:56   #13

Quote:
start on thunderhorn server on horde side if you do
thats where i am
maybe.. i ll try it for 14 days then if i like it i ll see...

btw i think i know who you are
Old 04/25/2008, 20:24   #14

its really not hard to guess i just dont advertise it.
if you read here and al forum youl probabbly know my forum name there,and if you played al from ep1 youl maybe remember me too.
Old 04/25/2008, 20:27   #15

Quote:
its really not hard to guess i just dont advertise it.
if you read here and al forum youl probabbly know my forum name there,and if you played al from ep1 youl maybe remember me too.
yep .. i love your pvp videos