Conquer on Kubuntu 7.04

06/28/2007 16:39 WuaZaaPpP#1
Well, in want run Conquer on Kubuntu. I installed wine in my computer and installed the game without problems. After that, i installed all packets of actualizations. Finally, i open file "play.exe" with wine, but it don't run. Only apear a blank window but it closing automatically. I know that i don't have problems with firewall, because after install an actualization, the window of automatical actualization apear, and the last file was download.

The characteristic of my computer are:
- CPU 2.4+
- 512 Ram
- Video 128 MSI 5200 FX
- MotherBoard K8MM-V Series MSI

Another person told me that meaby the problems it's the Video and he recomend me that i use another emulator. But i don't know if he has reason. And i don't know another emulator.

Well, i will wait your opinions. Thanks to All

PD: Excusme for my bad english.
PD 2: Really, i want to play Conquista. It's the version in spanish of the game.
06/29/2007 09:24 KatsuAkimoto#2
Sweet a Linux Buddy

Sadly, I have a very quick answer to this.

Conquer Doesn't Run With Wine.

Don't ask me why, I use Ubuntu 7.04, and it just doesnt work.

Maybe you should complain to TQ for them to make a Linux Version.

Sorry for the bad news,
Katsu


EDIT: Here is the link:[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
07/01/2007 05:38 WuaZaaPpP#3
Yeah, it's a fuck! I download and install cedega. But it don't work too. Well, i have to play in windows (fuck!).

Another pearson tell me that TQ done a parch and because it, we can't play in Linux. Sou, meaby not bad idea complain with TQ for this.

Saludos!

PD:Excuseme for my bad english
07/01/2007 06:51 KatsuAkimoto#4
If they really did patch it so it wouldnt work(cuz it used to), then 'poo' on them:(
07/01/2007 09:20 Relaxation#5
Lindows maybe?