[BEWARE]GRAND CHASE MALWARE

10/19/2010 04:31 acidblow123#301
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwekwek View Post
At home, we have 2 computers, 1 laptop(mine) and a Desktop(for the rest of the family)...Both have GC installed.

This happened 5-7 days ago...

My laptop's GC patches are up-to-date, but the desktop isn't(AFAIK it's only a week late). And then I decided to play with my lil bro, so he patched it and we played. Days later, I saw my older bro getting a BSOD and what he did was he just restarted the desktop and it went back to normal somehow. But this week, my older brother told my mom that the desktop cannot boot/start up..when powered on, the pc beeps 3 times and fails to start up, but there are occasions that the cpu didn't beep and still failed to start up. System Recovery cannot be performed. And I thought it was a hardware problem(coz of the beeps, thought it was the RAM). After reading this, it made me think that this could be the reason why our desktop broke down. And my laptop is still fine I think...so can it be from the patch? I've no option but to format our desktop...good thing we have back-up for our documents...btw we also used hacks on our desktop but I think the malware is not in the hacks.
that beeping sound is from the hardware... it's just the RAM... open your CPU the remove the RAM and clean it... it must have been really dusty that's why it can't boot... :D
10/19/2010 04:33 shinze123456#302
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwekwek View Post
At home, we have 2 computers, 1 laptop(mine) and a Desktop(for the rest of the family)...Both have GC installed.

This happened 5-7 days ago...

My laptop's GC patches are up-to-date, but the desktop isn't(AFAIK it's only a week late). And then I decided to play with my lil bro, so he patched it and we played. Days later, I saw my older bro getting a BSOD and what he did was he just restarted the desktop and it went back to normal somehow. But this week, my older brother told my mom that the desktop cannot boot/start up..when powered on, the pc beeps 3 times and fails to start up, but there are occasions that the cpu didn't beep and still failed to start up. System Recovery cannot be performed. And I thought it was a hardware problem(coz of the beeps, thought it was the RAM). After reading this, it made me think that this could be the reason why our desktop broke down. And my laptop is still fine I think...so can it be from the patch? I've no option but to format our desktop...good thing we have back-up for our documents...btw we also used hacks on our desktop but I think the malware is not in the hacks.
yeah happened to my desktop too fr a while I managed to open it and then I used TuneUp Utilites 2009. somehow the problem disappeared,I guess it fixed my registry.Try it you have nothing to lose.
10/19/2010 04:33 thuncute#303
i dont know what is malware but i will keep my pc clean...
10/19/2010 04:40 noein8413#304
@all

dont be mistaken.. the malware was not from the hacks... scan it in virus total too see.. its clean..
10/19/2010 04:57 suahdad#305
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuncute View Post
i dont know what is malware but i will keep my pc clean...
Malware mean Malicious Software , the Antivirus Database just shortened it :P
10/19/2010 05:01 xh3tb00#306
thnx ate noein :)
10/19/2010 05:18 ichika512#307
the malware is from GC servers
it is someway to protect the game
by sending the malware and cause damage at your PC
by that GC players will not use hacks by the damage it might give
10/19/2010 05:19 wahaa008#308
it's totaly scary for all gcph hack users..
when did the sending of gcph malware starts?
and
did some1 already send a report to anti-virus (malware) makers?
i wonder if they will help for solving this problem :confused:

how about a PC with Faronics Deep Freeze installed?

good news is.. my desktop is malware free ^_^
10/19/2010 06:01 kwekwek#309
yeah i think its in the GC Servers. :/ :/

@acid Yep it beeps but as ive said occasionally it didn't. I didn't open my cpu to check the RAM instead I formatted our hard drive and reinstalled the OS and it worked. If it is the RAM's fault then I still won't be able to start-up our PC then...
10/19/2010 06:02 acidblow123#310
@all: this malware is too easy to delete :DD malwares can be easily deleted through reformat.. and suspicoius programs like malwares are easily detected by norton.. their symantec server automatically scans and removes unknown system programs or programs which hides himself on the system just like system32.. most of the antivirus nowadays doesn't scan and remove programs which are on the system itself.. GMs thought of that that's why they made that malware. it could easily penetrate the system because it came from the patch in gc... and btw, the hacks here in elite which are made by elitehackers club are virus free.. the malware is activated when the thirdparty program is detected by the gameguard... but they don't know about the symantec thing that norton has :D and this malware could be also deleted by deepfreeze :D problem solved :D

@sir noein: could you find an installer of deepfreeze?? coz i can't finish my upload on time... it's too laggy here and the net is unstable... sorry for the inconvenience.. but i already tested it and deepfreeze really can remove that malware :D
10/19/2010 06:28 richzelle#311
sir noein hows the investigation?

is it ok now to use the GCPH hacks?!~
10/19/2010 06:49 branj13#312
@richzelle- I think he's still working on it, (if I'm not mistaken, he's currently working on that malware detector n' destroyer) and he'll release it as soon at its done (bug free and fool-proof)
10/19/2010 07:10 richzelle#313
@branj13- ok thx sir...
10/19/2010 07:46 avocate60#314
nc ser noien
10/19/2010 09:55 friendskie15#315
i got an error while the program searches drives...
it says something like "application encountered an error and needs to be closed" (not sure)
is my PC infected?