hey, about CE

07/19/2010 16:15 Xtac_inside#1
Hellos,

i'm the one that uploaded that speed hack with the "virus" :-/

I made that trainer with Cheat engine version 5.6 which i downloaded from the official site. I just ran a virustotal check on the file i uploaded and indeed found some malware :-/

I then just checked cheat engine.exe, the one i downloaded from official, and found the same malware.

So question is, cheat engine has malware on it, or it just detects it like it has some, just due to the program's nature?

Sorry for the trouble guys, never intended to upload any kind of malware.

PS. this is directly from cheatengine.org "Note: Some anti-virus programs mistakenly pick up parts of Cheat Engine as a trojan/virus."

the rest is yours.
07/19/2010 17:33 drake112#2
AV's pick up debugger as virus in 80% of the cases. (correct me if I'm wrong)
07/22/2010 12:37 anthemsk8er#3
true
08/06/2010 21:29 Xtac_inside#4
thanks guys, thing is there never was any virus form my side to begin with. Had started this thread because that thing i uploaded was flamed, deleted and i was made an evil virus-spreader ;)

Don't be too hasty on accusing ppl, anyway thats why i don't usually publicly upload stuff and i just give them to friends :)

hope this turns out as a lesson to all others that want to flame a poor guy wanting to help. cheers

edit*(heheh and instead of a thank i got that infraction thingy)
08/06/2010 22:34 FamousOnion#5
haha poor xtac inside i know how u feel