Well the new Silkroad version is coming and I felt like I should start doing the things by myself, so I decided to make an small program for bypass the installer with a simple method that was explained on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
So here you are the source, as you can see is VERY simple, I think this is my first serious program, and sadly I only know a bit of autoit -_-
I'm not gonna post the compiled version so people don't have to say "VIRUS" or smth.
Probably the new client will be released tonight so you will be able to install it before the update using this.
#Added compiled version. theoneofgod.
So here you are the source, as you can see is VERY simple, I think this is my first serious program, and sadly I only know a bit of autoit -_-
Code:
$path = @TempDir&"\sver.dat" ;Path of your temp folder and the name of the file which the installer reads
$ver = InputBox("SRO Installer Bypasser - by Synx","Insert the client version of the installer, for example '260' for SRO version 1.260. For disable the patch type 'unpatch'.")
if $ver = "unpatch" or $ver = "UNPATCH" Then
FileSetAttrib($path,"-R") ;Deletes the "Read Only" attribute for be able to delete the file
FileDelete($path) ;Deletes the file
msgbox(0,"Success!","The patch has been removed!")
else
if $ver <=100 or $ver >=999 or $ver = "" Then ;This also prevents to write text on the file instead of a numeric version
msgbox(0,"Error!","The version that you have entered is not valid, please enter a valid SRO version (3 digits)")
Else
FileWriteLine($path,$ver)
filesetattrib($path,"+RA") ;Sets the "Read Only" attribute to the file for make the installer unable to delete/remplace it
msgbox(0,"Success!","Patch done, run your Silkroad installer ^_^")
EndIf
EndIf
Probably the new client will be released tonight so you will be able to install it before the update using this.
#Added compiled version. theoneofgod.