Hosting Magic World Online (MWO) Server

09/15/2010 18:01 playaville08#106
after downloading file, what do i do next? pls state the step by step process. thank you
09/16/2010 03:35 Evil_Head#107
good job guys....wow...sry i haven't been able to give an input...i've been rly busy with work....and i c lbm is busy as well...haven't got a msg from him in weeks....anyways...thx again guys...
09/16/2010 03:37 Evil_Head#108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtungbo View Post

I just finished it yesterday night, and had like 5 mins test when I upload the result :mad:

Server files:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
(there is trojan in aws.exe, find that file and delete it)

Client: Just take it from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] :D (You can run the launcher to make it up-to-date)

Server files in r1game1
Database and webpage in usr
The other rar file contains tools

If you have trouble when setting up server, post it here, I'm glad to help you if I have time :)
ur link not workin...dont know if its me
09/16/2010 04:43 Evil_Head#109
Drtungbo and NerthuzMWOGM...if u guys have files...plz post....its nice to c how many ppl acually interested in this...i been at this for like a yr...got it going but its chinese :(...translating it is very hard process....and i'm workin so make it even harder...anyways...i'm rly lookin forward to this...thx to all who put their info...i'll b on here everyday again..hopefully we'll get this going by end of this month :D
09/16/2010 19:33 Evil_Head#110
Quote:
Testing with v86 server. First getting error:
"Connect Error, Reason: Access denied for user 'sopu'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

Then I create user "sopu" with password and edit DB.ini, set userName to "sopu" and set userPwd to what I created then getting this error:
"Connect Error, Reason: Access denied for user 'tpqv'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

Don't know what and where to change db password now...
Anyway, can someone tell me password to open zip file Buget uploaded here (the tool and database for v86)
some of us have d 86 server files....but not d mysql for it....if u can post it that'd b nice..thx

sry for so many posts :(
09/18/2010 04:24 NerthuzMWOGM#111
i will post files once i have them completed to the best it can, and have setup instuctions writen. So all you have to do is setup and play! :))
09/18/2010 04:25 NerthuzMWOGM#112
also if u play and host it has to be 127.0.0.1(LocalHost) for ip anything else is illegal
09/18/2010 07:35 Evil_Head#113
i know dat part....btw..lol.ur files r in chinese :(...kinda hard to figure out....
09/18/2010 17:36 Drtungbo#114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Head View Post
some of us have d 86 server files....but not d mysql for it....if u can post it that'd b nice..thx

sry for so many posts :(
I don't use this anymore because don't have database for it

Using the server files that I posted here atm.

Setting up server with that one pretty easy (just hard when have no instruction):
- Copy the MWO database files to MySQL data folder
- Create MySQL user for MWO database (just run exe in server, check error log, you will see the user you need to create, password is same as user - sorry because it's not on this lappy)
- Go to role table in MWO database, and modify all the columns with type "varchar" to larger number of "Length" (if not you won't be able to create char with long name or may have problem with db in the future :mad: )
- Run server exe files:
1. OkCheckLogin
2. LoginServer
3. 100
4. 600
5. 1500
6. 3000
- If no error, all 6 windows should be opened. Now throw the MWO web folder to your http root. Run that web with your browser to create account.
- Go to client, modify serverlist.ini (create new one for your server at bottom of that file, like this)
Quote:
[3]
name=MyTestServer
ip=192.168.0.68
port=11009
status=1
- Copy gc.exe, rename it and patch it to version 89
- Run that patched gc.exe and enjoy a bit before... :mofo:
09/19/2010 09:39 NerthuzMWOGM#115
Quote:
i know dat part....btw..lol.ur files r in chinese :(...kinda hard to figure out....
no mine is in english
09/19/2010 09:40 Evil_Head#116
Quote:
I don't use this anymore because don't have database for it

Using the server files that I posted here atm.

Setting up server with that one pretty easy (just hard when have no instruction):
- Copy the MWO database files to MySQL data folder
- Create MySQL user for MWO database (just run exe in server, check error log, you will see the user you need to create, password is same as user - sorry because it's not on this lappy)
- Go to role table in MWO database, and modify all the columns with type "varchar" to larger number of "Length" (if not you won't be able to create char with long name or may have problem with db in the future :mad: )
- Run server exe files:
1. OkCheckLogin
2. LoginServer
3. 100
4. 600
5. 1500
6. 3000
not getting d exes to remain up...and can i use any mysql?...wats bout wamp server...can i use dat?...plz let me know...thx...once i get d exes up then i'll surely mess with this game's db :P..once again thx :D
09/20/2010 01:15 Evil_Head#117
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerthuzMWOGM View Post
no mine is in english
ur server files in english?....then post it plz...ty...u can contact me on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]...
09/20/2010 11:40 Drtungbo#118
Quote:
not getting d exes to remain up...and can i use any mysql?...wats bout wamp server...can i use dat?...plz let me know...thx...once i get d exes up then i'll surely mess with this game's db :P..once again thx :D
Check the error log...

Quote:
and can i use any mysql?...wats bout wamp server...can i use dat?
I can't understand what you means here...
09/20/2010 16:24 Evil_Head#119
Quote:
I can't understand what you means here...
i checked it...its cuz there's no mysql software running...i wanna know if i can use wamp server/hamachi etc...
09/20/2010 23:45 NerthuzMWOGM#120
u dont need the mysql software u need to find startmysql.exe(urs folder) first before u run the servers