Hosting Magic World Online (MWO) Server

10/17/2010 21:39 dicky80#166
thegreatlbm,

Does the version of the client matters? I'm using 99uc-2010604-03.rar server files? I'm using the latest english v.93 client and i hacked gc.exe to bypass version number but still stuck in Login screen with statement "login...".
The following stared successfully:
CheckLogin.exe
LoginServer.exe
100.exe
600.exe
1500.exe
3000.exe

I know the Server is working correctly as I can telnet into it:
telnet <my server IP> 11009
it gives me command line prompt, therefore it is ready to accept commands from the client. (basic Server - client communication)

What weird about 99uc-2010604-03.rar is that I can't browse the mysql database without setting --skip-grant-tables &

100.exe...3000.exe crashing when I set ip to 127.0.0.1, I have to set it to my LAN IP 192.168.1.xxx, do u know why? Why do I need to use port starting from 7200? it shouldn't matter, right?

Is it possible that you can zip the following files and upload it somewhere in the web:
CheckLogin.exe
LoginServer.exe
100.exe
600.exe
1500.exe
3000.exe
mysql\data\mwo
mysql\data\mysql

I think I can figure out the rest if you can give me those files. I'm going to package the whole thing maybe write python scripts or installer so that anyone can install this junk without all the hassle that we all have to do.
10/18/2010 02:57 thegreatlbm#167
Uhm yea the ports make a diff idk if its a china thing but the 7200 ish ports are ready to use on pc was the same way for eudemons online did you create your account sucsesfully md5 coded then make all undercase letters to capitals ? Also sounds like you haven't properly started mysql ? All ips should be 127.0.0.1 because that ip means its run locally on your computer no inet required the files from other sight I mentioned above worked 1st atemp I made with exception of 1 error in which it was I forgot to unblock it set up how I explained just some r harder when you need to sovle an issue try to dl the file I mentioned
10/18/2010 06:12 dicky80#168
lbm, thanks. I'm abandoning those server files for now....and back using the mwoserver79 server files and there are few mwo accounts such as:
Andrei, administrator, player and Scorpion. How do you add a username and pass for mwo? (I notice the md5 encryption) Do u know any pass for one of those account? I just need one to test everything is working properly. How do u generate the password, md5 encrypted? through encryption tools?

I also can not start the Map_server.exe, do u know why? it says connection success then disconnected, everything else works fine.

The morale of my story is that I hack the gc.exe through x86 assembly language on windows memory page not the actual exe file yet (soon) and successfully get to login screen now but got disconnected when creating a character, I think it is due to the fact that I did not put in the correct username and pass.
10/18/2010 07:11 dicky80#169
lbm,

nevermind, I got it working on mwoserver79. Thanks for all the help. I figure out the md5 user/pass as well. disregard my previous question. Do you know what map_server.exe for?
Now moving on to mwo 3.0.
10/18/2010 17:49 dicky80#170
I would like to share to everyone where to get chinese version of MWO 3.01:

Latest: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
and
Slightly older: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Good luck. I will write idiot guide to setting up the server and re-upload these files to rapidshare or megaupload once everything is working.
10/19/2010 17:12 dicky80#171
haofwd-2010604-03.rar is the same as 99uc-2010604-03.rar
Anyone notice that someone hardcoded a URL on the chinese gc.exe like 99www.vipc.com or something like that for the 3.01 version from 99uc-2010604-03.rar.
Anyone know a link to mwo 3.01 chinese client? or another exe file? I don't think the one packaged with haofwd-2010604-03 or 99uc-2010604-03 is working properly.
10/20/2010 00:33 thegreatlbm#172
There not all the exact same though the one I mentioned has been the most stable and most upto date 99uc was unreliable allthough the mwo79 did acually have the whole mysql in all mwo86 its not the whole thing you need to see a webpage open called phpmyadmin ? I will go and test the patch from my linked files it should work I'm just not sure y 2 of them brb in a few
10/20/2010 19:22 thegreatlbm#173
ok slightly good news i got a cd and now have the zips on a pc i can upload just only bad part is it is very slow i will include propermysql with the right users a zip containing the proper cfgs a patch with gc.exe for 86 120 and the edits i made to 3 npcs also includes the new maps i probally wont finish uploading today as it is retartdedly slow going but look forward to my links i hope to finish uploading soon as i can at least there on a pc with inet acess all you will need to do is get the server i posted dont try to use anoughter as my guide is explained using that certain files the all might look the same but there not i curently can run 4 diferent servers and they all encountered diferent problem geting to to work the haofwd was the one with the least problems c you for now
BTW hit thanks if it helps or you use the info/dl links TYVM
10/20/2010 22:15 thegreatlbm#174
the only thing you will have to find your self is the haofwd 86 120 server files and navicate
client link for maps and my edited npcs :)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
proper mysql (has the right MWO database for the haofwd 86 120 already)
patch with right gc.exe
preset confige files for server
patch for server edited npcs and maps
done :) all the files need to be copied and pasted over the other files use the most current mwo client it is all very simple you can change the passwords for my chars with phpadmin or navicate
GL hope this helps all who cant use google
and if you dont have any computer knowledge i wouldnt sugest trying to do this stuff i have uploaded what you need and gave extensive details on how to load
if you whant a fresh empty data base re[lace the folder c:/mysql/diskw/usr/local/mysql/data replace the folder MWO with the one from the server upload
if you have any question read my posts first if its not explained there make a newreply but now you have everything you need GL all
P.s remember if you find the info usefull or download the links hit thanks it wont hurt you
comming soon how to edit map monsters and add info to npcs keep checking for more guides by me Enjoy
10/21/2010 06:53 dicky80#175
Thanks lbm. I'm asking for gc.exe and you give us everything. cool... I'm going to check it out how much translation being done on this...
In 79, u don't need to patch everything up only 5-6 files max. I manage to get stuff working with most in english, the key to all this junk is in attres.gcg, im sure u are aware of this. attres.gcg looks like bunch of argument input to the gc.exe....anyways...back to looking at client/server files. Thanks for the contribution lbm.

You are right, haofwd is slightly different. I'm going to try it out. we'll crack this sucker one layer at a time.
10/21/2010 07:20 dicky80#176
why r u giving us apache webserver? I don't think most people here care about web log-in, just edit the db directly.

FYI, you can use the original db from the rar with the following username and pass.
u:ODBC
p:wwxyyy
10/22/2010 01:57 thegreatlbm#177
How to edit what monsters are in a map (make a temp file copy first I just add a -01 at end)
First in the server folder c:/mwo/map you will see 2 files for each map first is a hexed one second is a .mon(for monster locations)
Open the file for suncity wich is smapo2.mon
Now you will see
Goldcool,544,3 the 544 is how many monsters are to load in a map directly under is a lot of numbers like
The 5005 is the monster I'd # the 72,83 is the x y location in that map
All the monstercodes can be found in c:/mwo/attres it is the file role info translate it if u need to I think it was english in 99uc u will see #*;+ then the numbers the first set of numbers is the monster # like 5005 is boar(boss)
Now if u change an exsisting number you don't need to change 544 if you add 1 row you change it 545 amd soforth
When your done save and reload 100
If you made a mistake it won't load check your edit for mistakes it will even tell you what row gl hope this helps
10/22/2010 04:23 dicky80#178
great post! thanks lbm
10/22/2010 05:36 dicky80#179
Finally got time to work on this and got it working v.3.01.
Lol, lbm, you made your character lvl 100, named dream. I'm gonna make uber lvl100 warrior myself.
Everyone say thanks to lbm and other people that contribute to this project that has spend great deal of time trying to solve and translate.

You can contribute by torrenting MWOSetup1006.exe from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] so that all is not lost.

I'm going to create installer for this whenever I have spare time and quick how-to's. Hopefully any average joe's can host this game locally.

Still alot of work to do like understanding what these patches are on server and client. great work guys

now checkout the IAS 8 necky and ammy... O.O . ah, now a matter of updating DB
10/22/2010 23:54 thegreatlbm#180
Lol dicky just go to novice receptionist is one of the npc edits I'm about to type out guide for yall to have a little better understanding of how it all works three guides in all I should finish all three tonight