[How to]Hey guys how to open a private server?

07/03/2010 07:05 _AgentSmith_#1
Lately i'm thinking about opening my own private server.
I wanted to ask how?,from where? to start with this idea..
I want to invest money on it... how much it will take.
can anyone explain me where do I start with that?
07/03/2010 07:07 PortalDark#2
options
1)using an emu
none are complete, and many crash a lot
2)using server files
buy them for the little price of $50000
or try to fix incomplete ones
good luck
07/03/2010 07:13 _AgentSmith_#3
i want to open a server for like 2k~5k people...same as sjsro / zszc / etc
they paid 50k$ to run this server ? :X
07/03/2010 08:02 minimalis#4
Of course not. I was talking with some chinese guy related to swsro and he said only swsro got the files of lv120 server, I don't know if it's true, but he said swsro files won't be sold for at least 5 years. I can't comment an other server files, but you should definitely start at contacting the old ecsro staff if you are serious.
07/03/2010 08:04 sargentgunner#5
Ehh... The Swsro isnt really what it seems. A whole bunch of smoke and mirrors. I think you can buy them from joymax for less than 50k btw.
07/03/2010 09:53 minimalis#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentgunner View Post
I think you can buy them from joymax for less than 50k btw.
Maybe, but I don't think joymax will provide their server files for 'invidual persons' I mean I think they just agree with companies who can provide that service which won't ruin their company's and trademark's name. Tho this is just my opinion
07/03/2010 10:05 _AgentSmith_#7
it's going to take a server owner 5 years to get his 50k$ back. thats just bullshit.
i'm pretty sure they paid but not sure how much. if anyone has more information about it please share it.
07/03/2010 10:22 minimalis#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AgentSmith_ View Post
it's going to take a server owner 5 years to get his 50k$ back. thats just bullshit.
i'm pretty sure they paid but not sure how much. if anyone has more information about it please share it.
Well, you totally misunderstood us.
- Some rumors says that the official server files of joymax costs 50.000$.
- The private servers are working with cracked/hacked server files, which are cost way too less (or nothing if you are the one who cracked it).
- The head of swsro is not selling it, because he owns the best private server files right now and it would be a dumb move to share it cuz he would definitely loose clients and money thats why he said he won't sell it in 5 years.
(- These informations are like rumors, I didn't talk with the head of swsro [I'm trying to get in touch with him] I could only reach someone from the staff, tho I totally believe him.)
07/03/2010 10:40 Mikawa#9
To get an contract with Joymax you would have to pay them an high amount of $ like the one that its rumoured above and ofcourse you will have to share your income from selling silks with them for the period of your contract too.
07/03/2010 11:12 ZSZC#10
Getting serverfiles is almost impossible.
You need very good contact to server owners and you need to be reliable.
No p-server one whant that the files become public.
Im sure that swsro, sjsro and mysro will never sell them for any money.
Also ZSZC will never sell it.
07/03/2010 11:17 JKMD#11
Quote:
i want to open a server for like 2k~5k people...same as sjsro / zszc / etc
they paid 50k$ to run this server ? :X
Nope... zszc and some other steal server files... u can do it to lol.
07/03/2010 12:44 zikor1337#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSZC View Post
Getting serverfiles is almost impossible.
You need very good contact to server owners and you need to be reliable.
No p-server one whant that the files become public.
Im sure that swsro, sjsro and mysro will never sell them for any money.
Also ZSZC will never sell it.
I bet that in the near future somebody will release those files: An angry GM, A destroyed server(mysro, sjsro - cause those servers are almost down) or ...
07/03/2010 14:05 minimalis#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keo99 View Post
I bet that in the near future somebody will release those files: An angry GM, A destroyed server(mysro, sjsro - cause those servers are almost down) or ...
Thats bullshit. No one would be that dumb to release that files to public. Why?
Because server files are copyrighted by Joymax. So if someone would release to public then that someone would face some serious lawsuits.
If I'm right: same happened to odinms when they made their maple story private server stuff public.
07/03/2010 14:07 _AgentSmith_#14
if they do steal server files, joymax has the ability to sue them? am i wrong? so basicly to run your own private server you need either a lot of cash or good programmers. thats what you guys says?
07/03/2010 14:14 minimalis#15
Quote:
if they do steal server files, joymax has the ability to sue them?
Yea, thats why everyone try to keep his head low. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] by Joymax cca half year ago. Joymax alleged that their damage was 2,5million$. Tho I don't know how were the defendants able to pay that amount of money.