[Release/Share] DMap Editor Beta Phase

10/07/2026 17:48 iman31#1
Hello everyone,

Today I would like to share a small project that I have been working on recently: DMap Editor [Beta Phase].

Before anything else, I want to make it clear that this is still an early beta release and should not be considered a finished product. There are still bugs, incomplete features, and probably many things that I have not discovered yet. This release is mainly intended for testing, gathering feedback, and allowing the community to experiment with the editor.

The project originally started as a personal experiment to better understand the DMap structure and to explore the possibility of creating a more convenient tool for map editing. To be honest, it also started because a fully working DMap editor had already been shared by someone in the community before, but due to certain issues, the files were removed and the DMap no longer functioned. So I decided to try building my own. However, it has not been easy to achieve the same result that the original developer managed to share, especially with my limited knowledge. I am still learning as I go, and there is still a lot that I do not know, but I wanted to try anyway and see how far I could take it. As development progressed, I thought it would be a good idea to share the current build with the community instead of keeping everything private until a final release.

After spending some time developing and testing it, I felt that the project had reached a stage where community feedback would be more useful than keeping it completely private.

SHOWCASE VIDEO




CURRENT FEATURES

The editor currently supports:

• Opening and loading DMap files
• Viewing map contents
• Adding objects
• Removing objects
• Basic walkable/pass editing

Although the feature set is currently limited, the core functionality for basic map editing is already in place and appears to be working quite well during testing.


CURRENT TESTING RESULTS

So far, the testing results have been encouraging.

Most of my testing has been performed using maps extracted from the Manequin database. I have opened and experimented with multiple maps of different sizes and layouts, and the majority of them loaded successfully without significant issues.

Object placement, object removal, and passability editing appear to be functioning properly based on my current testing.

Of course, this does not guarantee perfect compatibility across every DMap variant available. There are still many maps and scenarios that have not yet been tested, which is one of the main reasons this beta version is being shared publicly.


SAVE FUNCTION

One feature that I almost forgot to mention while writing this release post is the Save DMap functionality.

The editor currently includes the ability to save modified DMap files. However, I want to be completely transparent regarding its current state.

While the save system is already implemented, it has not received nearly as much testing as the loading and editing features. Most of my development effort has been focused on opening maps, displaying objects, editing passability, and manipulating map data rather than thoroughly validating every possible save scenario.

Because of that, I strongly recommend creating backups before using the save function.

IMPORTANT:

⚠ ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL DMAP FILES BEFORE SAVING.


KNOWN LIMITATIONS

Since this is still an early beta build, please expect:

• Potential bugs and crashes
• Incomplete features
• Unexpected behaviour on certain maps
• Limited editing functionality
• Possible compatibility issues with specific DMap versions
• Untested save functionality

If you encounter any issues, please report them with as much information as possible.


WHY AM I SHARING THIS?

The primary purpose of this release is community testing.

There are only so many maps and scenarios I can test by myself. By making this beta available to the community, more users can test different maps, identify bugs, suggest improvements, and help determine what should be prioritised in future updates.

Every bug report, suggestion, screenshot, testing result, or feature request is valuable.

Whether the feedback is positive or negative, it will help move the project forward.


FINAL NOTES

To be honest, this release was not originally planned for public use yet.

It started as a personal learning project and a way for me to better understand the DMap structure. However, after successfully opening and editing multiple maps from the Manequin database, I felt it was worth sharing with the community and gathering feedback early.

There is still a lot of work ahead. There are undoubtedly bugs waiting to be discovered, features that need improvement, and probably a few things that may break in unexpected ways.

That is simply the reality of beta software.

Nevertheless, I believe the editor has reached a stage where community testing can provide valuable insights and help guide future development.

If you decide to test the editor, your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to download, test, and support the project.

I hope DMap Editor will continue to improve over time and eventually become a complete editing solution for the community.

Happy testing!

VIRUS TOTAL SCAN FOR THE DMAP EDITOR
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

LINK
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]