[Source] Elysian's Conquer Web Client! Patch 5207.

09/26/2026 14:23 _DreadNought_#1

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

CONQUER. PATCH 5207. IN YOUR BROWSER.
Twenty years of muscle memory. One extremely irresponsible browser tab.

FREE TO USE • SOURCE AVAILABLE • ENGLISH 5207
Built with Astra as my AI coding partner.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Come try the hosted developer preview in your browser. No client download to get started. This is not a real private server. The online player count are my player bots. This is a high ping (as you can see by the video) demo.
This link will have a very short lifespan.
again: ElysianCO is not a real server, and the emulator behind it is not complete either.

Want to run it yourself or explore the code?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



The client / The details / Run it yourself / Free means free

Apparently I needed another tab open.

Hello, fellow people who can still navigate Twin City from memory but cannot remember why they walked into the kitchen.

I've rebuilt the Conquer Online 5207 client for the browser: the world, the characters, the combat, the interface, and a frankly unreasonable amount of the little things that make it feel like Conquer.

This is a real, playable client. Your computer renders the game and communicates with a compatible 5207 server. Original game assets, actual game packets, actual gameplay. Twin City now lives next to your emails. Please make sensible decisions. I obviously haven't.

The source and Windows launcher package are free. Play the hosted preview above, or use your own original 5207 assets and compatible server with the downloadable edition.




THE GAME YOU REMEMBER. THE DETAILS INCLUDED.
  • Native 5207 protocol communication. The original authentication and game-packet flow, from signing in to moving, fighting and interacting with the world. Connect to the compatible 5207 server you configure.
  • Characters, NPCs, monsters — brought to life. Original models, equipment, animations, motions and effects. Walking, running, jumping, dancing, riding, halos, status effects, monster spawn effects and fireworks.
  • DMAP loading, with the world still attached. Map terrain, layered scenery, scenes, map effects and rendered portals, alongside minimaps, weather, lighting and sound. The atmosphere matters as much as the floor you stand on.
  • Conquer combat. The original Conquer HUD. Skills, XP skills, projectiles, damage feedback, hotbars, inventory, equipment and character information. Familiar controls and original interface artwork, doing their actual jobs.
  • Arena Qualifier and proper teams. Arena sign-up, rankings, match dialogs, countdowns, scores and spectating. Team invitations, captain controls, member portraits, following and map markers. Bring friends. Blame lag together.
  • The everyday Conquer experience. NPC dialogs, shops, warehouses, stalls, player interactions and chat. World and broadcast channels, flashing whisper portraits and double-clickable, draggable conversation windows. Yes, even the private arguments get their own window.


Details matter. Even the ones that sound ridiculous on a feature list.

Terrain-specific movement and landing effects are implemented. The surface beneath you matters. Those small effects are part of how Conquer moves and feels; they deserve the same attention as a big flashy spell.

The minimaps use the original client's artwork and behaviour — with map positioning, zoom and relationship/team markers. They're a working part of navigating the world, not just a picture in the corner.

That's the standard behind this project: the original 5207 client is the reference, right down to the little things. If I've added a system, I'm interested in its animations, sounds, mouse-overs, dialogs and behaviour too. Getting a window to appear is the start of the job.
There is a point at which you are arguing with an AI about the correct dust beneath a fictional horse, and you have to accept that this has become a lifestyle.
Quote:
A proper client. Still a work in progress.
There are GUIs left to finish, visual edge cases to resolve, and undoubtedly bugs I haven't found yet. What is here is already a substantial, playable 5207 client, with the source included so you can take the remaining work forward.

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] cover known gaps, including uncommon effect formats and server-specific differences. The source is here for you to take it further — including finishing the pieces your server needs.
Yes, I built it with Astra.

Astra was my AI coding partner throughout research, implementation, debugging and testing. I drove the project, tested the results, and supplied an apparently inexhaustible collection of screenshots captioned “that is still wrong”.

Highlights included “Why am I underneath the bridge?” and “The bow is in the wrong hand.” We were aiming for 5207. Accidental underwater archery was a creative disagreement.




YOUR ASSETS. YOUR SERVER. YOUR BROWSER.

Just want to try it? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
To run the standalone release locally:
  1. Download and extract the Windows-x64 ZIP.
    Get it from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]. Choose the Windows package, not the automatic “Source code” ZIP.
  2. Run Setup.bat once.
    Select your original English 5207 client folder and enter your server's connection details. Setup prepares the assets locally without modifying or running Conquer.exe. The first preparation takes a little time; later launches reuse it.
  3. Run Launch.bat and sign in.
    Your browser opens the client on localhost. Use your chosen server's account and keep the launcher window open while playing.

Download. Setup. Launch.
Then spend forty minutes choosing which character to log into, as tradition demands.






FREE MEANS FREE.
Not “free inventory for your shop”.

Created by _DreadNought_ on elite*pvpers. Released free under the ElysianCO Free Source License.

Use it, inspect it, modify it and redistribute it free of charge under the licence terms. Keep the creator credit and project link. Selling or paywalling the client or its derivatives requires my separate written permission.

This is source-available with a no-resale licence. The full terms are [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...].

Spotted somebody selling it as their own? Please get in touch. Send me the listing, a link or screenshots if you see the client being sold or paywalled without permission. I'll check the evidence.

I've put serious work into discreet fingerprints and provenance checks throughout this project. Removing a credit line and changing the logo doesn't automatically erase where it came from. I'm keeping the details to myself for a reason. This isn't my first rodeo.
If somebody repackages this as “BrowserCO Ultimate Enterprise Platinum Pro Max” for $299:

Proprietary enterprise innovation
A free ZIP wearing a fake moustache.
Third-party libraries and original Conquer assets retain their own terms and ownership. This is an independent project, unaffiliated with NetDragon/TQ.



Found a bug? Congratulations on your first side quest.

This is a source release, not an ongoing support service. I'm sharing the work so you can use it, learn from it and make it your own within the licence. Fixes, unfinished GUIs, server compatibility and your own additions are over to you. Please don't open issues or send support requests expecting me to fix your installation or fork.

Point your favourite coding AI at the repository. My picks would be Codex or Claude. Have it read the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] first, then give it a clear description, reproduction steps and screenshots of what the original 5207 client does. The guide covers the architecture, client research, packet evidence, assets and testing; it is there to help you continue properly.
“Read the guide, reproduce the problem, trace the cause, fix it and test it.”
An excellent starting point. Slightly more useful than “bro it's broken”.
You get the source. You get the guide. You get the keys to the project.
You do not get a 24-hour DreadNought subscription. The man would like to see daylight.



THE SAME BAD HABITS. A NEW PLACE TO KEEP THEM.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] •

Getting-started guides:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] • [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Translated guides; English 5207 game resources.

_DreadNought_
Built with Astra. Extensively supervised by screenshots.
09/27/2026 00:52 pintinho12#2
Quote:
Twenty years of muscle memory. One extremely irresponsible browser tab.
This caught me off guard lmao
09/27/2026 01:48 Spirited#3
You mention this was made by you three times in your post, lots across multiple copyright / attribution files in your repo, and then request that everyone must credit you inside the client via your license, else permissions get revoked (confusing how you'd enforce this?). "Free from the original creator". But like... this is so hella AI.

This isn't your work, this is Astra's work (it should be who people credit). This thread is AI, the readmes are AI, the scripts are AI, the license is AI, the comments don't makes sense and sound like a bullshit generator... and worst of all, the code is very poor quality. Lots of magic numbers everywhere or random constants, warning bypasses for failed linting and security issues, random tests with no organization, garbage variable names, no folder structure, no state management design, and like.... for what? A buggy client that has a screen distance that's the same as the standard client and runs at 60fps? Why? And like, this isn't even the first and only Rust AI slop client. If your goal is just to recreate the original client and nothing else... or like, replace the loading and login screens with AI slop messages like "follow the light"... then idk. You can do that without destroying our environment and communities making garbage. You're gonna hate me for posting this, but I feel this is the most offensive client slop project I've seen. Like, others try to slop together a new UI at the very least. It really doesn't feel like any human experience or review went into this at all.

Not once do you even say why you made this. Not "for the love of Conquer" or "for game preservation" or "to give life to a 25 year old game with new UI" (paraphrasing from other client threads). But you know what you do mention an awful lot? That people should know: this was created by you, on Elitepvpers. Lol
09/27/2026 07:17 _DreadNought_#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
You mention this was made by you three times in your post, lots across multiple copyright / attribution files in your repo, and then request that everyone must credit you inside the client via your license, else permissions get revoked (confusing how you'd enforce this?). "Free from the original creator". But like... this is so hella AI.

This isn't your work, this is Astra's work (it should be who people credit). This thread is AI, the readmes are AI, the scripts are AI, the license is AI, the comments don't makes sense and sound like a bullshit generator... and worst of all, the code is very poor quality. Lots of magic numbers everywhere or random constants, warning bypasses for failed linting and security issues, random tests with no organization, garbage variable names, no folder structure, no state management design, and like.... for what? A buggy client that has a screen distance that's the same as the standard client and runs at 60fps? Why? And like, this isn't even the first and only Rust AI slop client. If your goal is just to recreate the original client and nothing else... or like, replace the loading and login screens with AI slop messages like "follow the light"... then idk. You can do that without destroying our environment and communities making garbage. You're gonna hate me for posting this, but I feel this is the most offensive client slop project I've seen. Like, others try to slop together a new UI at the very least. It really doesn't feel like any human experience or review went into this at all.

Not once do you even say why you made this. Not "for the love of Conquer" or "for game preservation" or "to give life to a 25 year old game with new UI" (paraphrasing from other client threads). But you know what you do mention an awful lot? That people should know: this was created by you, on Elitepvpers. Lol

Hey cry baby, I only read one sentence of your post, I wont read the rest because your entire post is just crying about AI being used & doing an incredible job.

Sorry - I did my best to stop any chance of free software being sold for money. It isn't credit I want - but other projects are stripped due to this issue. :)

Your distate for AI will not take away from the excellence this is, and you can stop harming the entire community with your constant cry baby toxic bullshit. Nobody can post anywhere without long and holy Spirited breathing down their neck if they used AI, with the least respect and maximum offence possible, go do one, nobody wants you here.

hey also cry baby Spirited -- I know this will really upset you. I own the copyright for anything original AI makes me in my country. Sorry. :)
09/27/2026 09:52 Spirited#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Hey cry baby, I only read one sentence of your post, I wont read the rest because your entire post is just crying about AI being used & doing an incredible job.

Sorry - I did my best to stop any chance of free software being sold for money. It isn't credit I want - but other projects are stripped due to this issue. :)

Your distate for AI will not take away from the excellence this is, and you can stop harming the entire community with your constant cry baby toxic bullshit. Nobody can post anywhere without long and holy Spirited breathing down their neck if they used AI, with the least respect and maximum offence possible, go do one, nobody wants you here.

hey also cry baby Spirited -- I know this will really upset you. I own the copyright for anything original AI makes me in my country. Sorry. :)
Lol, I love how people develop narratives about me when it's convenient for them. It'd be a lot easier for you if I hated AI, huh?
09/28/2026 02:44 somecode#6
Although I also embrace artificial intelligence, there are indeed a lot of junk projects recently. They show their client results in a final form, but there is no infrastructure design, and even the business logic concept of process testing is all handed over to AI. They are only responsible for dialogue and payment. I think this is unhealthy community development. Moreover, many projects are designed for fraud. They show the reconstructed client semi-finished products, and then guide them to communities such as FB and DISCORD in the name of avoiding open source or sharing, and then sell their so-called full version code (a complete piece of garbage).
09/28/2026 04:53 Spirited#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecode View Post
Although I also embrace artificial intelligence, there are indeed a lot of junk projects recently. They show their client results in a final form, but there is no infrastructure design, and even the business logic concept of process testing is all handed over to AI. They are only responsible for dialogue and payment. I think this is unhealthy community development. Moreover, many projects are designed for fraud. They show the reconstructed client semi-finished products, and then guide them to communities such as FB and DISCORD in the name of avoiding open source or sharing, and then sell their so-called full version code (a complete piece of garbage).
Yup yup. Exactly my thoughts as well. AI is a very helpful tool. I instructed my agent (Luna) to never implement creative solutions and to do exactly as I say. I delegate work to it rather than giving it any creative control. I do the research and I do the thinking. Trusting the output without reviewing the code you should be responsible for is an irresponsible usage of AI. And saying you're not going to support the project you just dumped onto the community is crazy to me. I still maintain Comet and Dragon, and am actively working on Dragon and a new wiki that has active contributors. I don't want slop and dumps like this.
09/28/2026 07:56 _DreadNought_#8
Spirited, enough of the personal bullshit. You’ve brought my character and motives into both project threads, then treated my objection as proof that I cannot take criticism. I’m not playing that game again.

You claimed “no state management design”. Open crates/client-core/src/state.rs. It defines the client’s lifecycle, specifies permitted transitions, rejects invalid ones and includes a test for that behaviour. Calling an implementation inadequate is one thing. Claiming there is no design is a blanket statement the source contradicts. Before lecturing anyone about reviewing code, get your description of it right.

This is structured work. Cargo.toml separates the workspace into seven crates. scripts/Build.ps1 runs formatting checks, Clippy with warnings treated as errors, and tests by default, stopping on failures. These are inspectable implementation details, not claims that every line is perfect, and not things that disappear because you keep saying “slop”.

Recreating the original 5207 experience in a browser is the stated purpose. Complaining that it retains the original interface does not expose some failure to understand my own project. That fidelity was deliberate.

The demonstration, source, AI involvement, unfinished areas and lack of ongoing support were all disclosed. The no-support condition wasn’t something you uncovered. It was something I explicitly told everyone. Maintaining your own projects does not commit me to maintaining mine on your terms. I shared the source, not a fucking claim on my future time. Stories about somebody else selling scam clients are not evidence against this release.

You administer Cooldown and publish restrictions on AI-led projects there. That is your forum to run. It does not make you the gatekeeper of what I release here. I’m not submitting this project for admission to your community or adopting your conditions for sharing it.

The repeated personal digs are spiteful and unnecessary. I’m not interested in another review from you, another assessment of my character, or another argument about whether I deserve credit. Readers have the source and can judge the work themselves.

This is my final response. Stop directing personal remarks at me across these threads. The project stays available; I will not be continuing this argument.
09/28/2026 09:07 Spirited#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Spirited, enough of the personal bullshit. You’ve brought my character and motives into both project threads, then treated my objection as proof that I cannot take criticism. I’m not playing that game again.

You claimed “no state management design”. Open crates/client-core/src/state.rs. It defines the client’s lifecycle, specifies permitted transitions, rejects invalid ones and includes a test for that behaviour. Calling an implementation inadequate is one thing. Claiming there is no design is a blanket statement the source contradicts. Before lecturing anyone about reviewing code, get your description of it right.

This is structured work. Cargo.toml separates the workspace into seven crates. scripts/Build.ps1 runs formatting checks, Clippy with warnings treated as errors, and tests by default, stopping on failures. These are inspectable implementation details, not claims that every line is perfect, and not things that disappear because you keep saying “slop”.

Recreating the original 5207 experience in a browser is the stated purpose. Complaining that it retains the original interface does not expose some failure to understand my own project. That fidelity was deliberate.

The demonstration, source, AI involvement, unfinished areas and lack of ongoing support were all disclosed. The no-support condition wasn’t something you uncovered. It was something I explicitly told everyone. Maintaining your own projects does not commit me to maintaining mine on your terms. I shared the source, not a fucking claim on my future time. Stories about somebody else selling scam clients are not evidence against this release.

You administer Cooldown and publish restrictions on AI-led projects there. That is your forum to run. It does not make you the gatekeeper of what I release here. I’m not submitting this project for admission to your community or adopting your conditions for sharing it.

The repeated personal digs are spiteful and unnecessary. I’m not interested in another review from you, another assessment of my character, or another argument about whether I deserve credit. Readers have the source and can judge the work themselves.

This is my final response. Stop directing personal remarks at me across these threads. The project stays available; I will not be continuing this argument.
At least the AI who wrote that reply read my comment. Lol :p