Hello everyone,
I'm researching Eligium / Magic World 2 (魔界2) and trying to find more information about its server-side architecture.
Does anyone know if the original server files, source code, database files, development tools, protocol documentation, or any server emulator for this game have ever been found or preserved?
I still have a working client and game resources, and I've been researching the client/server protocol. In previous local experiments I was able to reproduce part of the login process, load a character and enter the game world, so I'm also interested in information that could help with building a server emulator from scratch.
I'm particularly looking for information about:
Login/authentication server
Character creation/list protocol
World/game server
Packet structures/opcodes
Maps and NPCs
Monster spawning and combat
Skills and items
Database structure
Any old tools, source code or documentation
The game may also be known as Magic World 2, MW2, Eligium or 魔界2.
Even partial information, old archived material, Chinese resources, packet captures, technical notes or contact with people who previously worked on this game would be very helpful.
Thanks!
I'm researching Eligium / Magic World 2 (魔界2) and trying to find more information about its server-side architecture.
Does anyone know if the original server files, source code, database files, development tools, protocol documentation, or any server emulator for this game have ever been found or preserved?
I still have a working client and game resources, and I've been researching the client/server protocol. In previous local experiments I was able to reproduce part of the login process, load a character and enter the game world, so I'm also interested in information that could help with building a server emulator from scratch.
I'm particularly looking for information about:
Login/authentication server
Character creation/list protocol
World/game server
Packet structures/opcodes
Maps and NPCs
Monster spawning and combat
Skills and items
Database structure
Any old tools, source code or documentation
The game may also be known as Magic World 2, MW2, Eligium or 魔界2.
Even partial information, old archived material, Chinese resources, packet captures, technical notes or contact with people who previously worked on this game would be very helpful.
Thanks!