HWID Help: fTPM lives in the AMD CPU?

09/17/2026 21:41 delpiero123233#1
I'm on a Ryzen 7 9800X3D. Would swapping only the motherboard to a Gigabyte board with a TPM header be enough to bypass HWID ban, or do I also need a new CPU?

I am hearing two conflicting claims on HWID ban bypasses at the moment:

1. Ryzen fingerprints the hardware and has fTPM in the CPU, so a motherboard swap alone won't work.

2. Motherboard change is all that's needed with an installed dTPM chip; the CPU doesn't matter.

3. Motherboard change is all that's needed with no chip installed.

Which is it?
09/20/2026 05:34 TheUnknown001#2
HWID bans mostly effect CPU + SSD + Motherboard.

Some say use External TPM (if motherboard supports it, you can look up your motherboard and you should see a header at the bottom for external TPM).

External TPM is worth the try since it's cheap. (make sure to get the model for your motherboard).

DON'T USE SPOOFERS.

Goodluck.
09/21/2026 06:17 OvOrdinary#3
Literally was in the same boat as you 2 months ago. All you need is a new tpm chip that’s compatible with your motherboard. You need to reinstall windows the right way (remove all old partitions and clean the drive) and flash your bios and change ftpm to dtpm. That’s literally it. Just don’t use any old logins that can connect to old PC metrics like same windows license, same accounts tied to old hwid serials. New account, new everything. Most importantly NO SPOOFERS OF ANY KIND. Good luck. I’ve been 3 months strong w a $50 tpm chip.
09/21/2026 15:30 spyderrz#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpiero123233 View Post
I'm on a Ryzen 7 9800X3D. Would swapping only the motherboard to a Gigabyte board with a TPM header be enough to bypass HWID ban, or do I also need a new CPU?

I am hearing two conflicting claims on HWID ban bypasses at the moment:

1. Ryzen fingerprints the hardware and has fTPM in the CPU, so a motherboard swap alone won't work.

2. Motherboard change is all that's needed with an installed dTPM chip; the CPU doesn't matter.

3. Motherboard change is all that's needed with no chip installed.

Which is it?
Hey, if you swap out your motherboard, doesn’t matter which brand you go for as long as it’s compatible with your parts, the only thing that changes are the motherboard’s serial numbers because it’ll be brand new.

But unfortunately it’s not that simple. If you keep your CPU and drive on the new board and have fTPM enabled, you’ll get banned again. There are basically two ways around it. The first is to change the IDs of the necessary components, and also buying a TPM module.
And the second way is by replacing all the parts required to get unbanned in Call of Duty.
09/21/2026 16:21 delpiero123233#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvOrdinary View Post
Literally was in the same boat as you 2 months ago. All you need is a new tpm chip that’s compatible with your motherboard. You need to reinstall windows the right way (remove all old partitions and clean the drive) and flash your bios and change ftpm to dtpm. That’s literally it. Just don’t use any old logins that can connect to old PC metrics like same windows license, same accounts tied to old hwid serials. New account, new everything. Most importantly NO SPOOFERS OF ANY KIND. Good luck. I’ve been 3 months strong w a $50 tpm chip.
Ive bought a new motherboard and a TPM chip. I am going to reinstall windows and clean C Drive partition and switch from fTPM to dTPM in bios.

Would I be ok with reusing my M2 SSD & HDD's?

and is is necessary to flash bios on a new motherboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknown001 View Post
HWID bans mostly effect CPU + SSD + Motherboard.

Some say use External TPM (if motherboard supports it, you can look up your motherboard and you should see a header at the bottom for external TPM).

External TPM is worth the try since it's cheap. (make sure to get the model for your motherboard).

DON'T USE SPOOFERS.

Goodluck.
Yes already ordered! thanks brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderrz View Post
Hey, if you swap out your motherboard, doesn’t matter which brand you go for as long as it’s compatible with your parts, the only thing that changes are the motherboard’s serial numbers because it’ll be brand new.

But unfortunately it’s not that simple. If you keep your CPU and drive on the new board and have fTPM enabled, you’ll get banned again. There are basically two ways around it. The first is to change the IDs of the necessary components, and also buying a TPM module.
And the second way is by replacing all the parts required to get unbanned in Call of Duty.
What if I have dTPM enabled on a new motherboard with old cpu & drives, will it still be HWID banned?
09/22/2026 04:21 spyderrz#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpiero123233 View Post
Ive bought a new motherboard and a TPM chip. I am going to reinstall windows and clean C Drive partition and switch from fTPM to dTPM in bios.

Would I be ok with reusing my M2 SSD & HDD's?

and is is necessary to flash bios on a new motherboard?



Yes already ordered! thanks brother



What if I have dTPM enabled on a new motherboard with old cpu & drives, will it still be HWID banned?
As you mentioned above in your message, you bought a new motherboard and a TPM module. Basically, this TPM module, the DTPM will replace the FTPM that's built into your CPU, so the CPU’s TPM will be disabled. To be honest, you don’t really need RAID for Call of Duty. I don’t use it myself, and it isn’t required. So, regarding the drives, you’re all set, just do a clean Windows install from a USB stick and your problem will be solved. If you need any help with the TPM, feel free to drop me a message. But based on what you’ve said, everything should be fine.
09/27/2026 01:35 delpiero123233#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderrz View Post
As you mentioned above in your message, you bought a new motherboard and a TPM module. Basically, this TPM module, the DTPM will replace the FTPM that's built into your CPU, so the CPU’s TPM will be disabled. To be honest, you don’t really need RAID for Call of Duty. I don’t use it myself, and it isn’t required. So, regarding the drives, you’re all set, just do a clean Windows install from a USB stick and your problem will be solved. If you need any help with the TPM, feel free to drop me a message. But based on what you’ve said, everything should be fine.
Thanks friend, yeah I received my board 2 days ago and installed both the board and the tpm chip. I changed fTPM to dTPM in bios and reinstalled windows and it worked. Problem is, I got permed banned again after a few hours of game time. Iv'e just ordered 5 chips from china anyway so im sorted