Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyball
Are you sure you arent hwid banned already? Doesn't EAC ban mean hwid ban? Or is the rust disconnect thing you mentioned a spoofer?
|
In FacePunch's rules on their website regarding cheating, it states that the first ban is purely a Game Ban. If you ban evade, cheat again, etc, you are then HWID banned. There is a "second chance" that FP gives you, which says after 8 months of being banned, you are allowed to create a new steam account and buy the game again without being instantly banned. As long as you aren't a repeat offender and it's your first ban, the second chance rule applies. HWID bans are permanent and don't allow you to ever play the game again without a spoofer or a new PC. This is my first ban, therefore it's just a Game Ban not HWID, according to FacePunch themselves.
From my research, it seems like if I wanted to play again, say tomorrow, on a new account...I'd have to change my IP, completely format my drives, reinstall windows from a USB, change my MAC address, use a brand new steam account with a different email, name, password, payment method, phone number, etc and never log into my main steam account again. If you don't follow those steps, FacePunch can link you to your banned account and boom now I'm HWID banned permanently. Steam keeps logs, files, keys stored on your drives that EAC/FP can potentially see and establish a between link your accounts. Once that happens, you are ban evading, and they permanently HWID ban you.
I'm not willing to take the risk of being HWID banned. Spent way too much on my PC to have that. So I'm done with Rust for the next 8 months, possibly forever. It's so full of and imbedded with cheaters that it's no longer fun to play. It caused a legit player like me to download and cheat to combat other cheaters.