Looking for Developers
Hello vibe coders,
I'm looking for a few people who would like to spend their AI tokens on something actually useful instead of another random side project.
The idea is to build a modern open Rappelz repack together.
What we're aiming for
I already have a lot of development tools finished, so we don't have to waste time writing editors or utility software from scratch. We can simply integrate them into the repack and focus on what actually matters.
One idea I literally had a few minutes ago is the UI.
Rappelz NUI is already kind of HTML-like, but it's old, static and pretty limited. What if we extended it with proper CSS support? That would make creating interfaces much easier, allow responsive and scalable layouts, themes, cleaner styling, and generally make UI development far less painful.
Maybe it's a dumb idea, maybe it's not, but I think it's worth exploring.
I honestly don't give a fuck about running another Rappelz server anymore, and I don't plan to open one.
Instead of everyone fixing the same bugs separately, we could build one solid foundation together.
Stop working alone on this shit.
Most solo projects die before they become anything interesting.
At the end of the day, once the repack is good enough, what really matters is content, stability, performance, and maintainability—not another bunch of random vibe-coded features.
If you're interested, leave a reply or send me a PM.
Let's build something the Rappelz community can actually benefit from.
Update :
9.1 vanilla Source is updated to vs143 and c++17 (can be boosted more but no point yet)
Hello vibe coders,
I'm looking for a few people who would like to spend their AI tokens on something actually useful instead of another random side project.
The idea is to build a modern open Rappelz repack together.
What we're aiming for
- DX11 + x64 SFrame.
- GameServer and SFrame migrated to modern C++ (C++17 or newer).
- A clean GitHub workflow (branches, pull requests, commits, code reviews, etc.).
- Modern architecture instead of the old spaghetti code.
I already have a lot of development tools finished, so we don't have to waste time writing editors or utility software from scratch. We can simply integrate them into the repack and focus on what actually matters.
One idea I literally had a few minutes ago is the UI.
Rappelz NUI is already kind of HTML-like, but it's old, static and pretty limited. What if we extended it with proper CSS support? That would make creating interfaces much easier, allow responsive and scalable layouts, themes, cleaner styling, and generally make UI development far less painful.
Maybe it's a dumb idea, maybe it's not, but I think it's worth exploring.
I honestly don't give a fuck about running another Rappelz server anymore, and I don't plan to open one.
Instead of everyone fixing the same bugs separately, we could build one solid foundation together.
Stop working alone on this shit.
Most solo projects die before they become anything interesting.
At the end of the day, once the repack is good enough, what really matters is content, stability, performance, and maintainability—not another bunch of random vibe-coded features.
If you're interested, leave a reply or send me a PM.
Let's build something the Rappelz community can actually benefit from.
Update :
9.1 vanilla Source is updated to vs143 and c++17 (can be boosted more but no point yet)