[Discussion] Do you think swsro will get closed?

04/18/2010 17:23 Oriya9#31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2F@st View Post
yea so?

there were more stuff on youtube about ecsro, even from the beta so yea i dont think they give a fuck.
Do you really think that Joymax would say:
"Ohh, there are not so many videos about swSRO on YouTube, we'll turn a blind eye about this one, let this small community have some fun stealing money from us.".
?

Yeah, right.
04/18/2010 18:12 alvin99#32
so bottomline is all private servers are going to be closed by joymax eventually xD
04/18/2010 20:59 Alexxx07#33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze- View Post
You'll play on eSRO :)

Later I'll post some screens and/or video from closed beta ;)
close beta pfff my ass, they're saying the same thing since 2 years ago lol, why ppl still talking about eSRO?? omg get over it
04/18/2010 21:05 silkbotter#34
alexx honey.. i'm on the closed beta as well and have played for a couple of minutes today and yesterday..

there are some screens and videos on youtube/esro forums.

i didn't believe it myself, but they have really done a nice job!!!

and no.. it's not a sea or sremu emulator ;)

believe me or not (i never lied to anyone), esro is real, the server is in progress, and there is stuff being added day after day...
there are just some minor bugs that appear that have to be fixed to ensure server stability.and that costs developing time ;)

--edit--

1st:look for ESRO at youtube. you may find some closed beta videos ;)
2nd:i'm sure you can trust me if i say that ESRO is real,and they are in beta stage!!

nah..not beta stage like in other fake servers, but beta stages where new stuff is being tested by chosen 50 people. the beta will only be over after the project is done.
so no pre-release or whatever ;)
04/18/2010 21:51 Alexxx07#35
ok... well i already saw this videos in youtube showing us the magnificences of the eSRO proyect... everybody its saiyng o eSRO its so cool and will be the best Pserver and will get euros etc etc... but when somebody ask when it will online??? there's a silence that nobody cant response, too much codes too much to program that's the only answer , we still working blablablabla its really hopeless, just to watch some videos of ''eSRO private server'' in youtube and try to believe that its true, do you know what i mean... and so... joymax pwning private servers too hmmm were doom hahaha i will go out to take some air now haha :D
04/18/2010 21:59 silkbotter#36
well.. a self-coded piece of server software is no illegal action..
look at the lawsuit.ecsro got powned by 1mil USD for using the original server files.
do you see wow p-servers getting sued? really? why are there soo many then?;)

nobody knows when esro is done.why? because the emu isn't complete!!
they are adding little functions every single day. all of those functions have to be tested.
there are 10000 things missing... all of them have to be hard coded and tested!
this requires time.and the only thing we can do, is post some screens and videos of the progress esro is doing. like that you guys start believing that esro really is doing something.

what else should we do? letting 1000 people in closed beta? crashing the server without being able to determinate WHY the server crashed? that's the reason why they keep a 50-man closed beta.

those guys are checking the whole data packet log to see where these errors come from.no way to determinate it with a bunch of people who just want to play ;)

besides that..remember? 2 weeks ago? i posted several times that esro was a big fake. but i saw(am seeing) what these guys have done, and what they are doing.
04/18/2010 22:35 Alexxx07#37
X files i want to believe :D hahaha

well, im hoping someday find the perfect place to hang around and don't be afraid to lost my acc (RIP Alexxx08 ECSRO) all my effort all my time, if you said so i will start to keep the faith :P atm im stuck in swsro until they close it (and of course that will happen...)
04/18/2010 22:42 silkbotter#38
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
here are the videos/screens of the stuff.

your fault that you use the same login data everywhere :P

you should wisely choose diffferent login data on every single private server!(and forum)

believe it or not. i'm not any esro messiah or something.
but the stuff i tell is secure ;)
04/18/2010 22:47 2F@st#39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriya9 View Post
Do you really think that Joymax would say:
"Ohh, there are not so many videos about swSRO on YouTube, we'll turn a blind eye about this one, let this small community have some fun stealing money from us.".
?

Yeah, right.
ya still?

there were far more videos about ecsro on youtube, joymax waited 2 years to close it. ya i think they ll let swsro steal their money.

since it is p2p now, not alot of ppl are gonna play on it
04/18/2010 23:23 zikor1337#40
I will reply to the thread's topic:

In fact SwSRO will be closed too in the near future. ECSRO did same mistakes... selling Silks in a WebSHOP(goldsold.pl) opened to public. They are running a server with stolen server files. Perfect things to sue them. Maybe they can't get to the name of GM but with Maya they will reach the GM for sure. If they sue Maya for being swsro's silk seller, item seller, account seller (in fact they can do that, because he's taking a major profit with Silk/item/account selling) for like $2.5 million , he will say their name for sure. It is so simple.
04/19/2010 01:27 alvin99#41
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
well.. a self-coded piece of server software is no illegal action..
some private servers can get away from it but not all of them, just take a look at maplestory.. all private servers were made using emulator version but still got owned by nexon. Even by using images from its game is violating their copyright bcuz the images are belong to them as game property. But imo anything that is client side is ok.
04/19/2010 08:42 silkbotter#42
with that theory every single youtube video would get sued :P

anyway. there are 2 kind of companies:
->the ones that let private servers live-reason- pservers often are old and not stable.people will play on official sooner or later (blizzard entertainment)
->the ones that are against private servers because their service is too bad. people would still play on private servers ^^

somtimes a nice disclaimer of an homepage is far enough to keep the company outside.
just a disclaimer like "if you enter this website, you ensure you're not in contact with joymax nor are working for them. furthermore you agree that you read and understood that this project is a pricvate project without any commercial purposes blablabla"

ding. done :)

look@dekaron.. "eternia" private server.. those guys took a lot of crap of those korean dekaron test servers, and they got more players(customers) and more stuff in their game then the official one. why didn't they get sued yet? :P
they got 1 more char type, about 100 new mobs, about 10 new maps, and the levelcap is 50 levels above the official server.
this would be more then a nice piece of cake for GameHI(dekaron developers) :P
04/19/2010 09:38 dinamo141#43
swsro will not be closed .__.
04/19/2010 11:27 silkbotter#44
yeah. you are the swsro admin/owner and you know that it wil be there for eternity.
don't be silly "swsro will not close".
how do you know??
04/19/2010 11:42 DuTcHtUrK#45
Just send a mail to joymax with a Subject like: Are Private Servers Legal, and then you name the different private servers that atm exists with site of the Pserver,
dunno what the response will be