Receiving mixed signals about an HWID ban

03/25/2025 07:31 babybluesions#1
Had a cheating spree a couple of months ago and was getting game banned within 6-12 hours of playing on an account. These were 0 hour fresh steam accounts. I figured I was HWID banned.

Fast forward to last Thursday and I play on a legit looking steam account with about 100 hours on rust. Haven't changed any serials or IPs or anything. I lasted from Thursday until Monday playing rustopia. Probably clocked about 40 - 50 hours of gameplay. Got banned on Monday when I swapped to the reddit rust server. I have a couple questions.

Does this mean I've never been HWID banned this entire time, and I was just getting banned for blatancy/high KD on fresh accounts? If Im not HWID banned, is changing IP enough to go back on play on official or do I need to do more? Is rustopia anticheat just shit compared to the other official servers? I played for like 30 minutes on reddit rust and got banned, but I lasted for 40 hours on rustopia.
03/25/2025 15:59 !JoelR#2
Hwid bans occur within the first 2 hours.
03/27/2025 02:34 highscore#3
Like JoelR said, hwid bans occurs in the first 2 hours of gaming, also take note that people can see your hours on battlemetrics and time played on other servers, also that admins can track and link old accounts to your new one.
In my opinion id recommend changing your ip adress (mac included), changing your HWID and getting a new account (play some legit hours on it)

IMO, reddit are the slowest servers to ban
03/27/2025 21:56 Chams Cheats#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluesions View Post
Had a cheating spree a couple of months ago and was getting game banned within 6-12 hours of playing on an account. These were 0 hour fresh steam accounts. I figured I was HWID banned.

Fast forward to last Thursday and I play on a legit looking steam account with about 100 hours on rust. Haven't changed any serials or IPs or anything. I lasted from Thursday until Monday playing rustopia. Probably clocked about 40 - 50 hours of gameplay. Got banned on Monday when I swapped to the reddit rust server. I have a couple questions.

Does this mean I've never been HWID banned this entire time, and I was just getting banned for blatancy/high KD on fresh accounts? If Im not HWID banned, is changing IP enough to go back on play on official or do I need to do more? Is rustopia anticheat just shit compared to the other official servers? I played for like 30 minutes on reddit rust and got banned, but I lasted for 40 hours on rustopia.

As someone else mentioned earlier, HWID bans typically happen within 2 hours of logging into an account. However, your issue could be related to traces or a detected cheat. I recommend using reported.lol and their cleaner, which should help resolve the issue and prevent further problems.

I Personally Sell Reported.lol
04/04/2025 07:06 G502 X PLUS GAMING MOUSE#5
Changing IP might help a bit, but spoofing serials + using fresh accounts is still the safest combo
04/14/2025 20:14 Runabyte#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluesions View Post
Had a cheating spree a couple of months ago and was getting game banned within 6-12 hours of playing on an account. These were 0 hour fresh steam accounts. I figured I was HWID banned.

Fast forward to last Thursday and I play on a legit looking steam account with about 100 hours on rust. Haven't changed any serials or IPs or anything. I lasted from Thursday until Monday playing rustopia. Probably clocked about 40 - 50 hours of gameplay. Got banned on Monday when I swapped to the reddit rust server. I have a couple questions.

Does this mean I've never been HWID banned this entire time, and I was just getting banned for blatancy/high KD on fresh accounts? If Im not HWID banned, is changing IP enough to go back on play on official or do I need to do more? Is rustopia anticheat just shit compared to the other official servers? I played for like 30 minutes on reddit rust and got banned, but I lasted for 40 hours on rustopia.
Those fresh accounts definitely made you sus. It happens a lot in rust
05/04/2025 15:31 Noly_#7
You're likely not HWID banned if you lasted 40+ hours on Rustopia. Use a spoofer if you’re switching just to be safe