Noob here! Don't worry, I'm not tooooo slow.
I got through some stuff on my own by reading the old threads here but reached a point where I might need help. Nothing too nefarious, just on the offline client. Easy, right? I'm not sure, I'm struggling with editing the .Lua files. and can use some advice.
Specifically, I will take a .lua file and bring it to the folder where EWcryption is at then use a Bat file to get to work.
Luadec RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec > RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua
(This will often create an empty Lua file. so I often find myself tossing it in Luadec.metaworm.site since it does 5.1 decompiling then take that to my folder to continue the next step)
Luac works strangely enough and recompiles the decompiled RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua into a RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec.
(Remember what I said about taking the lua out of its directory into the directory where my decryption and decompiles at in? Turns out that it changes the file name within the lua being compiled and decrypted again as I've noticed.
The recompiled RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec's top text:
I checked the Chinese forums but can't get it to not crash.
(The offline trial version, shouldn't be too different from the standard game at the year of its release. I've seen a handful of people able to get their modding going despite those required changing the lua files. )
problem solved~
I got through some stuff on my own by reading the old threads here but reached a point where I might need help. Nothing too nefarious, just on the offline client. Easy, right? I'm not sure, I'm struggling with editing the .Lua files. and can use some advice.
- Nothing too big, just want to know how to get it lua files working without crashing the game. I use EWCryptTool.exe and am able to get the files through ludic (unless it seems to change the lua, which becomes a problem.), but once I recompile it (through) luac and re-encrypt. the file simply just doesn't want to work, or the client simply doesn't recognize it. I don't use Ernilos' ElswordLuaEditor because despite everything I do, it just doesn't seem to work and I'm left with a blank screen
- So far I'm trying to work on PreTestUnit.lua and RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua in the data003.kom extractions.
- I'm messing with some very old stuff, so if you know on how to fix this, I'll give you many thanks.
Specifically, I will take a .lua file and bring it to the folder where EWcryption is at then use a Bat file to get to work.
Then I would take the decrypted file and toss it into luadec or luadec.metaworm.site if that doesn't work.Quote:
EWCryptTool.exe -e RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua
Luadec RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec > RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua
(This will often create an empty Lua file. so I often find myself tossing it in Luadec.metaworm.site since it does 5.1 decompiling then take that to my folder to continue the next step)
Luac works strangely enough and recompiles the decompiled RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua into a RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec.
(Remember what I said about taking the lua out of its directory into the directory where my decryption and decompiles at in? Turns out that it changes the file name within the lua being compiled and decrypted again as I've noticed.
The recompiled RAVEN_FIGHTER.dec's top text:
The original RAVEN_FIGHT.dec's top text.:Quote:
LuaQ @RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua 4‹8
I don't know if that plays a key role or not, but I pretty much hit a wall here, and idk if this is the cause of my headaches. I'm not an expert in any of this, and I'm going in this blind, so if someone can lead me in the right direction, I will greatly appreciate it.Quote:
LuaQ V @E:\hudson\jobs\ES_JP_SINGLE_CLIENT\workspace\reso urce\Script\Major\RAVEN_FIGHTER.lua 4‹8
I checked the Chinese forums but can't get it to not crash.
(The offline trial version, shouldn't be too different from the standard game at the year of its release. I've seen a handful of people able to get their modding going despite those required changing the lua files. )
problem solved~