Client crashes when adding a new item to custom NPC

07/05/2023 12:24 MrMouse#1
So my client crashes when ever i added a new item into the custom NPC. I know that the problem is from the media side, particularly from the refshopgoods.txt ( i read it in the dmp file).

However i cannot find a way to fix it :((

New item lines in my refshopgoods looks like this:
Quote:
1 15 STORE_GIANGHOMANG_TAB1 PACKAGE_ITEM_CH_TBLADE_07_B_RARE 0 -1 xxx -1 xxx -1 xxx -1 xxx
1 15 STORE_GIANGHOMANG_TAB1 PACKAGE_ITEM_CH_SWORD_01_C_RARE 1 -1 xxx -1 xxx -1 xxx -1 xxx
In the dmp file it looks like this ( there some weird fonts i cannot read)
Quote:
äV¾ server_dep\silkroad\textdata\refshopgoods.txt item.txt ata.txt * ö€ÕqЀÕqЀÕq w¿ *ü ðöÅq@ÐH w¿PöÅq ý w¿@ý
07/05/2023 13:30 Judgelemental#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMouse View Post
So my client crashes when ever i added a new item into the custom NPC. I know that the problem is from the media side, particularly from the refshopgoods.txt ( i read it in the dmp file).

However i cannot find a way to fix it :((

New item lines in my refshopgoods looks like this:


In the dmp file it looks like this ( there some weird fonts i cannot read)
Hello,
I used to encounter the same exact issue and I could see nothing wrong with my media lines.
What worked for me is using a DB2PK2 tool. You can use mine from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] or download another one of your choice.
07/05/2023 13:47 MrMouse#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Hello,
I used to encounter the same exact issue and I could see nothing wrong with my media lines.
What worked for me is using a DB2PK2 tool. You can use mine from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] or download another one of your choice.
Thanks bro ive tried your method but still not working. I dont know whether the crash comes from another files or not. But when I delete the new item lines then no crash. :handsdown:
07/05/2023 16:16 Judgelemental#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMouse View Post
Thanks bro ive tried your method but still not working. I dont know whether the crash comes from another files or not. But when I delete the new item lines then no crash. :handsdown:
Delete the newly added lines inside refshopgoods one by one and see if that works
07/06/2023 07:51 MrMouse#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Delete the newly added lines inside refshopgoods one by one and see if that works
Yeah i fixed it bro. I made some mistake when importing the txt file into media (maybe there something wrong with the pk2 importer, i try to use autoupdate from smc and it works).

Also, i used txt file from dbtopk2 rather than just export them and edit manually.