[GUIDE] Editing Item.SData in Hex

03/29/2010 18:08 sandolkakos#1
I am releasing this to help in knowlege of Item.SData

sorry for my bad english


I use the program Hex Workshop Hex Editor.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
03/29/2010 23:54 ProfNerwosol#2
Nice job Sand.

However, I noticed few errors.

Grow is not the 3rd value. It is the value before 01 01.

Grow is in range 0 to 3.
0 - Easy
1 - Normal
2 - Hard
3 - Ultimate

ReqWis is 2 byte value. The picture shows correct selection, just the description is without 00.

Grade is 2 byte value. Highest value of Grade in database is 999 which is E7 03 in Item.SData. The extra 2 bytes are Drop.

There are two values at the beginning of Item.SData that are of interest.
These are:

64 Hex - 100 Dec
FF Hex - 255 Dec

I believe they refer to how many items is in database and Item.SData. I count the empty ones as well.

About Effect1 & Effect2. It might be a bit confusing to beginners:

Effect1 - it's min-damage done by a weapon,
Effect2 - it's how much you need to add to min-damage to get max-damage of a weapon,


Out of sheer curiosity I checked Effect3 & Effect4 for armours:

Effect3 - Defence
Effect4 - Resistance

*claps* Big bravo. I know how much time it takes to understand these files.
03/30/2010 02:18 Sylvanus1970#3
Could it be 100 types with 255 in each type? The first numbers in Item.Sdata that is.
03/30/2010 06:31 Kaotic_Lord#4
It could also be the max stack size for some items.

THIS IS AWESOME, just what Pandora needs to get those lapisia back dropping!
03/30/2010 07:57 ProfNerwosol#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanus1970 View Post
Could it be 100 types with 255 in each type? The first numbers in Item.Sdata that is.
Yeah, I think it might.

I read it again and it can't be the number of items ;p hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic_Lord View Post
It could also be the max stack size for some items.

THIS IS AWESOME, just what Pandora needs to get those lapisia back dropping!
What do you mean? Drop is server side.
03/30/2010 09:24 Polypropylen#6
Good work....I added your guide to the important topics :)
03/30/2010 21:42 Kaotic_Lord#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfNerwosol View Post
What do you mean? Drop is server side.
The issue was that he had power lapisia dropping but they were the same grade as some banned items (GM loops, dying lapis, etc.). Now he can change the grade of the items and fix the drops!
03/30/2010 21:46 sandolkakos#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfNerwosol View Post
Nice job Sand.

However, I noticed few errors.

Grow is not the 3rd value. It is the value before 01 01.

Grow is in range 0 to 3.
0 - Easy
1 - Normal
2 - Hard
3 - Ultimate

ReqWis is 2 byte value. The picture shows correct selection, just the description is without 00.

Grade is 2 byte value. Highest value of Grade in database is 999 which is E7 03 in Item.SData. The extra 2 bytes are Drop.

There are two values at the beginning of Item.SData that are of interest.
These are:

64 Hex - 100 Dec
FF Hex - 255 Dec

I believe they refer to how many items is in database and Item.SData. I count the empty ones as well.

About Effect1 & Effect2. It might be a bit confusing to beginners:

Effect1 - it's min-damage done by a weapon,
Effect2 - it's how much you need to add to min-damage to get max-damage of a weapon,


Out of sheer curiosity I checked Effect3 & Effect4 for armours:

Effect3 - Defence
Effect4 - Resistance

*claps* Big bravo. I know how much time it takes to understand these files.
Thanks for corrections,
i will go to school now, and when i go back, i make this corrections in Image and upgrade in first post.

I have do the Corrections, thanks for helps ProfNerwosol and Sylvanus1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfNerwosol View Post

Grow is not the 3rd value. It is the value before 01 01.
I dont understand.
Can you make the image to show the correct position of Grow ?
04/01/2010 20:58 betalfa#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandolkakos View Post
I have do the Corrections, thanks for helps ProfNerwosol and Sylvanus1970.


I dont understand.
Can you make the image to show the correct position of Grow ?
is the 00 after the 01(blue=Level), and ur Grow(pink) is the colour weap(like the epic weap).
04/02/2010 07:25 ProfNerwosol#10
No, Grow is after Class ... the green selection with orange border.

- Country, Class, Grow

The 3rd and 4th byte are (right after TypeID):
- 3rd - model/texture used for weapon/armour
- 4th - inventory icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by betalfa View Post
is the 00 after the 01(blue=Level), and ur Grow(pink) is the colour weap(like the epic weap).
Again, no. Colour of items name is controlled by ReqDex value.


provided by Shaiya Dev group
04/06/2010 23:33 remnikali#11
how can i change the HP or str
and how can i encrypt again
06/03/2010 22:28 EvilmrDark#12
okay so im intrested in how do u find these items in hex editor...? and is there anything on them that can be edited for real effects?
tnx
06/05/2010 02:06 KaliKid#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilmrDark View Post
okay so im intrested in how do u find these items in hex editor...? and is there anything on them that can be edited for real effects?
tnx
The items are shown on the right side of the hex editor when you open item.sdata. All you have to do is search for the item you want to change.
06/05/2010 15:28 EvilmrDark#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKid View Post
The items are shown on the right side of the hex editor when you open item.sdata. All you have to do is search for the item you want to change.
okay but will changes realy work
like if u change base STR of wep will it add to ur stats or it wil only be visual
like in cheat engine >.>
06/11/2010 04:44 pinoygoku#15
look complcated but i treid i got some kind of error