Tortois gems and blessed

02/12/2006 19:05 baniakjr#1
This is question and thing to think about maybe someone can answer.

Ok suppose that we've got trojan with all equipment blessed to max that mean 7x7%=49% of damage reduced.
Now we have all equipment 2 sock(i know it's hard or allmost imposible but that's just theory) and we put super tortois gem in each socket that makes 7x2x6%=84% plus blessed it gives us 133% of damage reduced.
So when any one atacks me i don't get any damage??How does it work??so is it possible to be invincible??

or maybe it's the same as with magic defens that on armors and other stuff is written in % but even with over 100% you still can get magic damage.
02/12/2006 20:57 tsu#2
The tortoisegems don't reduce if it is socketed I think.
You only use them to increase the bless -
maybe you can socket them, but I dont think they work
02/12/2006 21:08 The!One#3
lol of course you can socket them, what else do you think they're for? lol, but I'm not sure how it's calculated
02/12/2006 21:09 Mr.Hax#4
Quote:
Originally posted by baniakjr@Feb 12 2006, 19:05
This is question and thing to think about maybe someone can answer.

Ok suppose that we've got trojan with all equipment blessed to max that mean 7x7%=49% of damage reduced.
Now we have all equipment 2 sock(i know it's hard or allmost imposible but that's just theory) and we put super tortois gem in each socket that makes 7x2x6%=84% plus blessed it gives us 133% of damage reduced.
So when any one atacks me i don't get any damage??How does it work??so is it possible to be invincible??

or maybe it's the same as with magic defens that on armors and other stuff is written in % but even with over 100% you still can get magic damage.
Some one try it on quonqer..I would but I dont play it,except with the second rebirth coming out thats another %50 lol so in theory you could get -183%dmg..rofl thats funny go tq,and yes when you socket tortise gems,they also -%dmg..
02/12/2006 21:21 tsu#5
Quote:
Originally posted by The!One@Feb 12 2006, 21:08
lol of course you can socket them, what else do you think they're for? lol, but I'm not sure how it's calculated
You use them to bless, all the way dont in the market theres a guy who uses the gems to make your bless % higher.

But however maybe it would work socketing them too, then I dont know how it is calculated.
02/12/2006 21:30 thekinc#6
The max that blessed AND socketed Toroise gems can give COMBINED is 49% off from attacks. No matter how much you bless and socket it will not go up more then 49%.
02/12/2006 21:35 Im_Hunter_#7
yes it cans you dumbasses... (sorry) you can put the tortoise gem in a Socket!! Like, normal tort gives -2% ref -4% and sup -6%... so this kid is right... at least i think so... i wish i had all of that money so i can buy them but i dont... but well thought man
02/12/2006 21:41 The!One#8
Quote:
Originally posted by tsu+Feb 12 2006, 21:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tsu @ Feb 12 2006, 21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The!One@Feb 12 2006, 21:08
lol of course you can socket them, what else do you think they're for? lol, but I'm not sure how it's calculated
You use them to bless, all the way dont in the market theres a guy who uses the gems to make your bless % higher.

But however maybe it would work socketing them too, then I dont know how it is calculated. [/b][/quote]
lol using >>SUPER<< tortoise gems
02/13/2006 03:09 kpadmiral#9
I believe there might be a cap.

Sorta like M-Def.

I also believe if it's -184% that's a maximum value, not a definite.

I've seen people who get hit by monsters for Phy-Dmg for somewhere near 200 from a lowby monster, putting on a headgear that adds 300phy-def they get hit for 1, yet in some occurances, they get hit for something like 21.

I believe the numbers are maximums, and that somewhere, you may not be protected all the way?

I do not know the inner workings of the server, but observationaly, this is what you can deduce.

Hopefully someone can find out what the actual numbers come out to be.
02/13/2006 04:36 farfinooga#10
i think the way it works is that they dont get calculated together. First it'll take off the pc from one, say the blessed attributes it will take away 49pct of the dmg, then it'll take the gems into effect and take away 84pct of that(if you had 14 sup tortoises). At least thats the way i thought it worked...
02/13/2006 05:04 thekinc#11
As much as I heard, the cap for everything combined, blessed AND super socketed stuffs ONLY goes to 49%, no more. So despite how much you bless and socket, NEVER more the 49%. I heard this from one of the CO tester kind'of people :P
02/13/2006 12:54 baniakjr#12
Hmmm.Thanks for answers.They gave me just next posibilities:)

If there is a cap then they should clearly specifiy it somewhere,because u can waste huge money for something that won't work in the way you think.And wouldn't cap at 49 % make tortois gem other then super almost useless??Only use would be that some one want to have 49% before making everything blessed -7%

And if it work by reducing prc from blessed and then reducing prc from sockets from whats left.It still makes you almoste untouchable because you'll get only 8,16% of what hits you that mean form 1k attack you only get 81 damage.

third possibility that it is maximum number reduced it's also somehow possible.Just like magic damage many archers and tao most likly notice that they're hit by msg 5 times for 0 and then for 71 for example.

And now goes question whats better full blessed and super tortios gem or full super dragon gem?? better to make more damage or to get lower damage
02/13/2006 14:01 unknownone#13
farfinooga is correct about the way it works. The blessed effect is taken AFTER tortoise gems are deducted.

result1 = damage * (1 - TortGem%)
result2 = result1 * (1 - Bless%)

The 49% cap is true for Blessed items, because the maximum amount you can bless an item is -7%, and the maximum number of items you can wear is 7.
I have read quite alot that there is a 49% cap on Tortoise Gems, but none of it official. I believe its complete crap, you can wear tortoise gems till your possible sockets expire. Unless someone proves otherwise, i'm sticking to this agenda.