Need help with getting server online past "Logging into server"

03/12/2020 17:44 torianbg#1
Greetings! I'm trying to get my A2 dekaron server to run online. Im using Hellspiders server files and running them on a windows 7. So far I've managed to run it locally but when I try to connect to it from a different PC it reached "Logging into server" but doesn't go further than that, after some time it says "Response Time Exceeded". I haven't touched the server files IPs/Ports, both clients and server's share folder uses my external ip, 50005 and 7880 have been port forwarded. I tried turning off my firewall on both pc and client but it makes no difference. Tried changing the 50005 and 7880 ports to a different number and portforwarding to it but it still doesnt get past the "Logging into server" part. The game does run normally if i play it with localhost 127.0.0.1 as IP.

Would really appreciate some tips here. Tried looking into old threads but none of them helped so far.

Uploading my server config files here just in case something is wrong with that that I haven't noticed, but I haven't touched them at all.

PS Not sure how related this is but I am able to host servers for other games, so it shouldnt be an ISP issue
03/12/2020 18:07 Farius~#2
Where is ur dbmon log?
03/12/2020 19:00 torianbg#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farius~ View Post
Where is ur dbmon log?
Heres the log from debugmon, not 100% sure if thats the one you were asking for
03/12/2020 21:18 Farius~#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by torianbg View Post
Heres the log from debugmon, not 100% sure if thats the one you were asking for
According to what I see here, the dekaron server is not finishing loading.
03/12/2020 21:47 torianbg#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farius~ View Post
According to what I see here, the dekaron server is not finishing loading.
Haven't tried to let it load for more than 10 minutes tbh. Will try tomorow!
I can log in from localhost about 30 seconds after starting the server tho, but I guess this could be different since it is localhost.
03/13/2020 13:29 torianbg#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farius~ View Post
According to what I see here, the dekaron server is not finishing loading.
Think they have all loaded here but still no difference, continues to reach only up to "Logging into server" I let it stay on for a full hour but the outcome is still the same
03/13/2020 16:29 thirdeye42#7
I don't know what's causing it but I had the same problem awhile ago.
I had to port forward instead.
03/13/2020 17:38 torianbg#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye42 View Post
I don't know what's causing it but I had the same problem awhile ago.
I had to port forward instead.
Can you give me a bit more info about how you solved it?
03/13/2020 17:57 thirdeye42#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by torianbg View Post
Can you give me a bit more info about how you solved it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye42 View Post
I had to port forward instead.
:confused:
03/13/2020 18:38 torianbg#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye42 View Post
:confused:
I mean I port forwarded for 50005 and 7880 as well. Did you just use different ports?
03/13/2020 21:02 [DEV]Dekaron#11
Guys start read with uderstanding, not just read.
03/13/2020 21:21 torianbg#12
Ok I tried running the server on my old laptop and it works with no issues, using the same setup I used on my PC. Not sure what caused the problem on the PC tho
03/13/2020 21:30 thirdeye42#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Dekaron View Post
Guys start read with uderstanding, not just read.
Thanks, silly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torianbg View Post
I mean I port forwarded for 50005 and 7880 as well. Did you just use different ports?
Oh, so you're trying to port forward. I didn't change the ports.

Try setting your IPv4 settings if you haven't.
I can't make a guide but did a google search for an example.
Skip down to step 4.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]