Classic WoW, worth it?

06/20/2019 19:42 maddamvp#1
So I never got into WoW during its prime back in the day. I still have yet to get into it even with all the expansions. People are saying Classic WoW is the best WoW Spencerian you can have and them bring it back is a good reason to get into it.

My question is, is it really worth paying a monthly subscription for a game that is basically more than 10 years old? Is the PVP in that game any good (i like open world PVP to compare)?
06/22/2019 09:54 Zypr#2
I think the main reason that makes Vanilla WoW so interesting and popular is that it gets a lot of hype through the media like Twitch, Reddit, etc. The biggest playerbase would play Vanilla WoW for nostalgic reasons (like me). If you like open world pvp then it depends on if you agree with a lot of unbalanced classes. For example if you play an warlock in Vanilla WoW with decent T1/T2 Gear skilled into Demonoligy, you will barely never lose a fight against any other magical class. If you play a warrior, you will not have any problems versus rogues. In Vanilla WoW you have to grind a lot for your stuff but on the other side you can keep your gear over a longer period of time because there will be not many options to get new stuff.

But yes i think it's definitely worth it. Vanilla had the best open world feeling ever (IMHO).
07/17/2019 13:35 Dusty Rose#3
To be honest, though, I do wonder how much of the hype is seeing the game through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. There were some thing's that were terrible about classic, there have been a fair few things that have brought quality of life to the game over the years. To me, what made classic good was the people, but for me i know I could never recreate that feeling as the people I used to play with aren't around anymore. No idea what the player base will be like and if they'll bring the attitudes from current wow over (worries me a bit). If you've never played classic, just go for it and see how you feel about it, it's certainly a different experience than current wow.
07/28/2019 17:05 AimControl Master#4
Honestly what I feel like is going to happen with classic is pretty much an amazing launch, with quite a few players. Quickly though, retail players trying it out finds that it's too difficult to what they're used to. Then, the hardcore vanilla players will get to cap and geared and realize there's not really anything else to do and swap back to retail only to return to classic to do MC weekly