[Guide] Simple Lag Fix

03/14/2010 15:36 Jpdardy#16
wow ok so im in trouble

i tried both fixes for my laptop which is running vista

ok so firstly i typed - netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=180

and the command responded wif "ok." but then it was wierd cause it wasnt working so i realizeed that i typed it wrong obviously cause i wrote "Local Area Connection" instead of watever im suppose 2 write there (im not sure wat im suppose 2 type after set subinterface so watever is ment 2 b in hte "")

so i moved on 2 the next fix and i did everything it said but still nothing happend so i restarted the computer and when it came back on all of the sudden my internet connection wasnt working its stuk on ~indetfying..(public network)~ :/ (im using wired btw, ethernet cable) so then i tried doing wat clestial said 2 do about the whole setting it back 2 normal (1500) and disablign and enabling the network connection but still it stuk on ~identifying...(public network)....

i delted all the files i added forthe fix 2 part and i re wrote the command i typed ~netsh interface Ipv4 set subinterface "1" (jst copied the example on the cmd) mtu=180 store=active

thoguh my ethernet connection is workign my wireless still is so i dont knw i wanna play on my ethernet connection cause im alredy laggy enough as it is

i really dont wanna reprogram my whole comp cause id loosea qite a bit of stuff so iwas wodnrgin if some1 could pols tell me on how 2 go abotu fixing this problem... pls pls pls
09/05/2010 04:06 tskune139#17
it keeps saying element not found
09/05/2010 10:21 Animefreak97#18
o.o Necro read the date of last post before posting.
09/07/2010 02:41 Alwaho#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskune139 View Post
it keeps saying element not found
Request: Thread Closed
Request tskune139, get warning and a suspension.
Please learn not to bring up very old topics! I hope you learn your lesson.
09/15/2010 04:13 marine608#20
The fix number two has already been done for me. I'm still looking for other ways to improve my speed, seeing how I PVP so much.
09/16/2010 05:49 pawntobishop#21
This is a good guide, but the one that is stickied should be your primary reference.
Also at this point, nothing of use can be contributed to this particular set of fixes.
#Closed
08/18/2011 22:30 welshdragon2005#22
"The program can be freely (re)distributed, as long as you give us proper credit as the author, and it is not sold for profit." -speedguide.net-