Silkroad Online in Unity 3d - Progress

09/12/2019 04:30 B1Q#106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guar_dianS View Post
Um depends. The following is already working.

+ Login System
+ Character create ( only 1 design tho (china adventure man ) )
+ Spawning on world
+ Npc spawn ( Quests system works , still basic but works. ) , ( Merchant system works as well , basic but works )
+ Mob spawn ( aggro and walk around works. Simple aggro hit attacks )
+ Simple Guild system ( started actually working 1 week ago , still basic tho lol like really basic functions )
+ Character simple point and click hit attack

Whats not working yet or have a system in place that works even basic.

- Animations for skills
- any skills lol
- skill tree system
- Jangan town ( still in the works , not sure how long this will take ) , currently everything is on an empty map world for testing purposes.
- Everything else that is not in the ( working section above )

So i could let you guys login. But it'll probably look blah :P :D. Maybe i'll put something together to show its working blol
sounds good be sure to show us good footage
good luck
09/12/2019 12:42 hoangphan7#107
Quote:
Um depends. The following is already working.

+ Login System
+ Character create ( only 1 design tho (china adventure man ) )
+ Spawning on world
+ Npc spawn ( Quests system works , still basic but works. ) , ( Merchant system works as well , basic but works )
+ Mob spawn ( aggro and walk around works. Simple aggro hit attacks )
+ Simple Guild system ( started actually working 1 week ago , still basic tho lol like really basic functions )
+ Character simple point and click hit attack

Whats not working yet or have a system in place that works even basic.

- Animations for skills
- any skills lol
- skill tree system
- Jangan town ( still in the works , not sure how long this will take ) , currently everything is on an empty map world for testing purposes.
- Everything else that is not in the ( working section above )

So i could let you guys login. But it'll probably look blah :P :D. Maybe i'll put something together to show its working blol
OMG... very good. keep going :D
09/27/2019 05:40 Guar_dianS#108
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangphan7 View Post
OMG... very good. keep going :D
Heres is a quick OLD OLD 6 months old video of very early stage development.

Were using some basic sro interface and some public released interface in this video.

Team does not want to release a current video , so they approved a old early early vid to be release to show proof (atleast of the server side stuff )

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Follow the following link to submit a request form for our closed alpha beta. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
09/27/2019 07:59 sonzenbi#109
Quote:
Heres is a quick OLD OLD 6 months old video of very early stage development.

Were using some basic sro interface and some public released interface in this video.

Team does not want to release a current video , so they approved a old early early vid to be release to show proof (atleast of the server side stuff )

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Follow the following link to submit a request form for our closed alpha beta. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Look nice
LMAO :lul:
10/03/2019 15:43 Guar_dianS#110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonzenbi View Post
Look nice
LMAO :lul:
lol thanks a lot , im trying to convince team to release a more current teaser
10/07/2019 12:59 ßess#111
You stream on twitch right? If so I have been following you from the start absolute beast can't believe someone has the patience to do this.
10/10/2019 17:54 casablanka52#112
good work
11/23/2019 03:12 herocrazy#113
great job
11/23/2019 19:52 B1Q#114
cancelled? rip :(
11/27/2019 21:56 HadokenV2#115
this project is way more important than all the pserver copies we get. if this was supported, we could create a replica version without the bugs and a better way of creating custom shit and of course more modern!
11/27/2019 22:40 fenster3000#116
If they were serious with that project they
would not have used Unity Engine.
11/29/2019 00:57 B1Q#117
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
If they were serious with that project they
would not have used Unity Engine.
I honestly don't think Unity was the reason it got cancelled.
You can convert objects and build worlds all you want but when it comes to actual game logic it's not that fun doing it solo or at least without hype men around your discord server

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadokenV2 View Post
this project is way more important than all the pserver copies we get. if this was supported, we could create a replica version without the bugs and a better way of creating custom shit and of course more modern!
idk about that
every similar project died never to be heard of again

if they change current sro it won't be sro anymore i wouldn't play silkroad with better graphics or a newer quest/job system i would go to isro for that

a lot of servers created custom "shit" but they all closed withing 2-3 months except a few
and most of their "new" content is just a bunch of windows showing stats and clickable buttons so nothing that would make the game better IMHO
11/29/2019 18:16 fenster3000#118
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1Q View Post
I honestly don't think Unity was the reason it got cancelled.
Sure it was not. But that was not my point.
OP chosing Unity for that project pretty much confirmed that he did not know what he was doing. My guess is that Unity is the only engine he knew at that point. Someone with more knowledge would not have used Unity for that project. Then he imported stuff from the "classic" game to the new engine. And et voila... "Look at my project1!11!".

While importing stuff to the new engine can be done without any greater experience everything else requires way more knowledge. Which he (obviously) does not have. In the end that is the reason why you stopped hearing from that guy. He was too embarrassed to admit that he does not know shit about what he was doing. That is whe said "missing volunteers" were the reason. Everyone who could have helped knew that project would fail sooner or later due to engine limitations. Who knows how this project would have turned out if OP had any knowledge + would have used a better fitting engine.
11/29/2019 22:41 B1Q#119
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Sure it was not. But that was not my point.
OP chosing Unity for that project pretty much confirmed that he did not know what he was doing. My guess is that Unity is the only engine he knew at that point. Someone with more knowledge would not have used Unity for that project. Then he imported stuff from the "classic" game to the new engine. And et voila... "Look at my project1!11!".

While importing stuff to the new engine can be done without any greater experience everything else requires way more knowledge. Which he (obviously) does not have. In the end that is the reason why you stopped hearing from that guy. He was too embarrassed to admit that he does not know shit about what he was doing. That is whe said "missing volunteers" were the reason. Everyone who could have helped knew that project would fail sooner or later due to engine limitations. Who knows how this project would have turned out if OP had any knowledge + would have used a better fitting engine.
I honestly thought he used Unity because of C#
I mean I wouldn't use Godot or Lumberyard (with C# 3rd party extensions)

and yes i do agree that importing models is nothing
systems you would think of as very basic and easy to implement might take you weeks even months with C# it's just how it is MMORPGs are very large and not something a designer with no programming experience should be doing

What engine limitations are you talking about?
so far Unity has been the best engine to work with if you want to get results fast
and now with the new DOTs system there's no way you can ignore how powerful Unity is

EDIT: you do realize there are successful MMOs made with Unity right?
EDIT2: Silkroad Mobile is also made with Unity lol
11/29/2019 23:35 qqdev#120
Forget Unity. It is not capable of rendering 500+ players spamming skills (unique fights, job wars). It is designed for other purposes. That's one reason why many MMORPGs are doing their own thing.