[Guide]How to Create 9.4 Server !

11/07/2018 00:13 Memphis101#316
Maby a stupid qstion but im new to all this, I see that a lot of event npc's are in the database, How would events work on these servers?
11/07/2018 10:55 thefear511#317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis101 View Post
Maby a stupid qstion but im new to all this, I see that a lot of event npc's are in the database, How would events work on these servers?
depending on some column which allows npc to be seen aka disabled or not and a lua script if it has a date to be executed upon.

for example, if the Lua file set on a specific date to add an extra menu option to some npc first the NPC has to be visible from a column called "flag" I believe.
11/12/2018 18:08 delparty13#318
I made sure to read everyone’s post before replying and asking for help.

I have followed everything in this guide throughly and I cant seem to get past aerver selection as it says “Cannot Connect to Server”. Is there anyone that could please give me some guidance as I am not familiar with devoloping etc.

Thank you in advanced.
11/12/2018 18:19 ThunderNikk#319
Hmmm this same problem again.

Are you using the suggested gameserver.opt from the text guide?

Because this issue is usually caused by the io.ip_address not being set to 127.0.0.1 local host...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
11/12/2018 18:37 delparty13#320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
Hmmm this same problem again.

Are you using the suggested gameserver.opt from the text guide?

Because this issue is usually caused by the io.ip_address not being set to 127.0.0.1 local host...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Thank you, I was able to log in.
Now off to finding a thread with information on how to make myself gm in game, do you know of any direct links?
11/13/2018 22:40 ThunderNikk#321
Not really a direct link but you make a character a GM in game by editing the character table in Telecaster database and change the characters permission to 100.
11/14/2018 11:25 thefear511#322
Quote:
Originally Posted by delparty13 View Post
Thank you, I was able to log in.
Now off to finding a thread with information on how to make myself gm in game, do you know of any direct links?
same new guide video show's how to get gm permissions ...:(
11/17/2018 05:10 delparty13#323
I thought of coming back and saying thank you, specially to thefear111 and ThunderNikk for helping this newbie (me).
The server so far has been working for me, and here is some proof regarding the product.

P.S: Some things I need to work on, which hopefully I will be able to get working, such as buff commands crashing server etc, but off to reading!.

Again thank you and those trying don't give up, just patience, if you fail try again! It is worth it at the end.
11/17/2018 17:07 ThunderNikk#324
As far as buff commands crashing the server I do not have much personal experience with it myself but have seen others have bad results with certain very high aggressive buff levels.
11/17/2018 17:58 thefear511#325
Quote:
Originally Posted by delparty13 View Post
I thought of coming back and saying thank you, specially to thefear111 and ThunderNikk for helping this newbie (me).
The server so far has been working for me, and here is some proof regarding the product.

P.S: Some things I need to work on, which hopefully I will be able to get working, such as buff commands crashing server etc, but off to reading!.

Again thank you and those trying don't give up, just patience, if you fail try again! It is worth it at the end.
im glad it worked for you.
as for commands crashing there are few possibilities
1-the buff you are trying to execute is corrupted *the string is shown correctly but the state data is kind of messed up*
2-the value of the buff you are trying to get is very high.
3-the buff is meant for a mob-creature not a player.

maybe these can help you ;)
01/18/2019 19:01 RedHuge#326
Hey Everyone .
Im having a problem ... First i had (Cant connect to the server) error , which is now fixed or so i think... and now i have (youve been disconnected from the server) before i can even enter the server.
I wander how to fix it... any ideas ?
EDIT - Fixed by correcting a sneaky IP .
01/18/2019 20:25 ThunderNikk#327
Are you using the correct client.

Could you post your .opt files?
01/19/2019 01:34 RedHuge#328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
Are you using the correct client.

Could you post your .opt files?
I got it Fixed . Apperantly ive missed an ip in the opt.
But now i have another problem ... when i open the map get Disconnected ... crash in other words.
01/19/2019 22:25 thefear511#329
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHuge View Post
I got it Fixed . Apperantly ive missed an ip in the opt.
But now i have another problem ... when i open the map get Disconnected ... crash in other words.
this has been noted by others and i think someone already posted a fix check inkdevil's topic
01/20/2019 01:00 RedHuge#330
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefear511 View Post
this has been noted by others and i think someone already posted a fix check inkdevil's topic
I uuh.. cant find anything o.o . Which thread should this be in ?
I might just message him... Thanks for the tip ^^