Windows 10 - Client doesn't seem to do anything?

01/29/2017 05:08 zajt007#1
For some time now I have had the issue of not being able to run my own client on Windows 10. I have a working server & client, all good on Windows 7. I know other peoples' clients can run on Win 10 because I've used them recently. Standalone & with launcher.

I have tried a few different things besides actual .exe editing, which I don't understand very well. Is this the only way of getting my client to run on Win 10 even using comparability mode? I'm not overly picky on how it works, just that it works, but I would prefer the best method. hahaha cheers!
01/29/2017 07:34 [DEV]Dekaron#2
try use administrator rule. run as administrator.
01/29/2017 10:42 zajt007#3
"I have tried a few different things besides actual .exe editing"

I already tried admin. and comparability... I said that if you cared to read it.
01/29/2017 10:47 Underfisk#4
I havent got any problems, but you should make sure your antivirus or windows defender is not blocking the exe or some dll of bin, because in majority of cases thats the problem
01/29/2017 11:07 zajt007#5
I'm not sure what I did, but it's working. && no it was nothing to do with AntiVirus or Firewall
01/29/2017 14:23 Underfisk#6
Its fine to hear its working ;)
01/29/2017 15:22 zajt007#7
it was shadow.txt in the data folder. it was missing a chunk of data
01/31/2017 07:49 janvier123#8
DONT ever use windows 10, unless you want to share every single second you spend on your PC, google "windows 10 spy" and you will understand why :)
01/31/2017 21:33 freez00#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
DONT ever use windows 10, unless you want to share every single second you spend on your PC, google "windows 10 spy" and you will understand why :)
You can change your privacy settings and turn off sending data to Microsoft. The problem is by default it sends all data. The problem is people don't want to learn or take the time to go and change their settings.

Google however you cannot turn it off. Google knows every call you make, and everything you do on your phone and keeps a history of where you have ever been. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Of course if you're lazy and don't want to change your privacy settings in Win 10, just use LTSB version.
01/31/2017 23:12 Underfisk#10
freez you can even turn off the spy but they reconnect it easly, they got worms everywhere in the OS, so it doesnt matter. In my opinion, i'll continue sticking with linux, i made already dk server here are runs smoth
02/01/2017 02:24 [DEV]Dekaron#11
Under on vm? or you made all exe for linux? :D if you make on vm nothing change and even if you use Linux they know what os you use LoL.
02/01/2017 08:15 Underfisk#12
i can run exe's on linux via wine there's no problem. mssql is already on linux too so ;)
02/03/2017 21:32 freez00#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfisk View Post
freez you can even turn off the spy but they reconnect it easly, they got worms everywhere in the OS, so it doesnt matter. In my opinion, i'll continue sticking with linux, i made already dk server here are runs smoth
There's no worms in Windows. I'm a MS partner and MCSE. I also use the OPK to build OEM versions of Windows. If you prefer Linux then good for you. Don't make accusations you can't back up. If you understood the structure of Windows and know how to change your privacy settings then you wouldn't be making these accusations. The only thing that comes right back on when you turn it off is Windows Defender.
02/03/2017 21:37 Underfisk#14
Dont be that sure, if you are MCSE, you should know even if you turn off or change privacy settings they allways trace all you do!
02/04/2017 07:28 [DEV]Dekaron#15
best way disconnect from internet :D