Mob spawns 5165

01/05/2010 05:28 Santa#1
Does anyone happen to know if there is a place that contains how often mobs spawn? I can't seem to find it, but i'm still going to look.

If its not in here, how would i go about adding it.
01/05/2010 05:41 pro4never#2
If it's the same as the other public sources, re spawn time is not properly implemented.

You could re-write the monster spawning code to import the spawn time from the database (as it is stored in there) I just remember coEmu and fairly sure 5017 lotf never used the data from it properly.

Sorry if I'm wrong but something tells me it's the same situation. If you wanna test it just try making some test spawns to use different values for respawn time.


try messing with
rest_secs
timer_begin
timer_end

rest_secs SHOULD be respawn time after mobs die, timer_begin should be how long after server starts that mobs will spawn. Check through source, you may find they aren't even stored in the spawn data at all
01/05/2010 07:07 Santa#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
If it's the same as the other public sources, re spawn time is not properly implemented.

You could re-write the monster spawning code to import the spawn time from the database (as it is stored in there) I just remember coEmu and fairly sure 5017 lotf never used the data from it properly.

Sorry if I'm wrong but something tells me it's the same situation. If you wanna test it just try making some test spawns to use different values for respawn time.


try messing with
rest_secs
timer_begin
timer_end

rest_secs SHOULD be respawn time after mobs die, timer_begin should be how long after server starts that mobs will spawn. Check through source, you may find they aren't even stored in the spawn data at all
Yeah idk, this source is VERY unorganized. I guess i got into the luxury of the somewhat organized source, CoEmu. I'm sure its around there somewhere.
01/07/2010 23:16 dragon89928#4
I think what you're looking for is in Mob.cs Ln 753, or you can just search Respawn(); in mob.cs. And what you're looking at is
Code:
RandomTime = (uint) (Rnd.next(20, 60));
So you have to change that interval 20,60 which is how soon they spawn in seconds so if you want them to spawn instantly change it to (1, 2) or something like that. I haven't tested this but I'm pretty sure thats where you change it.