Changing Music in NFSW

07/06/2016 13:11 Jukeflow#1
Hello,

well I tried to figure out a way to change the music in the game.
I think im quite close to the final solution, something is still missing propably..

I searched in the internet and found a tutorial changing .sns and .snr files in Sims.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I followed this tutorial, but I still don't get the solution. Maybe someone can work with the tutorial and successfully change the music?

EDIT: What I can say is there is either a different converting setting for NFSW (but i dont think so, its same method why should EA use different variants) or it has something to do with this hex codes. Maybe there is something missing or different to the tutorial shown on the sims forum.

Next thing I found out is, if you delete the .snr file the game won't play any sound for what section you deleted. So the .snr and .sns are in some way connected.

Does anyone found out something?
07/12/2016 21:41 bisztriz#2
I'm interested in this too :D That would be great if we could change the music because I want some dnb in nfsw :)
02/09/2017 12:55 Jukeflow#3
Anyone made new steps?
05/21/2017 16:05 Logan629#4
I've made a new sns music file, but no snr yet
06/17/2017 05:25 MrOmeletteMan#5
I hope you guys can find a solution to this problem! I'm a noob when it comes to these types of situations so I can't help you, sorry!
06/20/2017 22:24 SpeedyDanny#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeflow View Post
Hello,

well I tried to figure out a way to change the music in the game.
I think im quite close to the final solution, something is still missing propably..

I searched in the internet and found a tutorial changing .sns and .snr files in Sims.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I followed this tutorial, but I still don't get the solution. Maybe someone can work with the tutorial and successfully change the music?

EDIT: What I can say is there is either a different converting setting for NFSW (but i dont think so, its same method why should EA use different variants) or it has something to do with this hex codes. Maybe there is something missing or different to the tutorial shown on the sims forum.

Next thing I found out is, if you delete the .snr file the game won't play any sound for what section you deleted. So the .snr and .sns are in some way connected.

Does anyone found out something?
I changed the music in nfs world with the sounds taken from nfs undercover and actualy working im still working on multiple tasks. dont believe me? try download my drifty mod from discord soapbox and see for youreself.
06/21/2017 09:47 Jukeflow#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDanny View Post
I changed the music in nfs world with the sounds taken from nfs undercover and actualy working im still working on multiple tasks. dont believe me? try download my drifty mod from discord soapbox and see for youreself.
Thats nice!

So i guess it doesnt matter which kind of music youre using?
It would be nice if you can make a kind of step-by-step guide how to do this.

Greetings
06/21/2017 15:55 SpeedyDanny#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeflow View Post
Thats nice!

So i guess it doesnt matter which kind of music youre using?
It would be nice if you can make a kind of step-by-step guide how to do this.

Greetings
ok...now i know officialy how to change almost any music in nfsw. except im still working to find out how these sounds are packed...to be know how add custom music in nfsw. for now i can only switch them using the music nfsw has inside...for ex...safehouse music on the free roam or free roam in to the safehouse.
06/29/2017 18:33 Logan629#9
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] If you don't wanna tell people how you've done it, nodoby will tell you how to add NEW music to the game

I know how; all I need now is to know how to create SNR file as you did
06/30/2017 22:54 SpeedyDanny#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan629 View Post
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] If you don't wanna tell people how you've done it, nodoby will tell you how to add NEW music to the game

I know how; all I need now is to know how to create SNR file as you did
i didnt said that im not telling...i only said that i can change it(more like switching songs in game) and also i said i cant add custom music..that means we have to create snr files...even i dont know yet how to pack or convert the songs in to snr files...it is really a pain....but if we gather together maybe we can find something...(music changing with vlt edit by using some codes,well those were the names of the songs.)
07/01/2017 15:16 Logan629#11
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] Yes we should gather together :)
07/02/2017 02:17 michaelmikhalev#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDanny View Post
i didnt said that im not telling...i only said that i can change it(more like switching songs in game) and also i said i cant add custom music..that means we have to create snr files...even i dont know yet how to pack or convert the songs in to snr files...it is really a pain....but if we gather together maybe we can find something...(music changing with vlt edit by using some codes,well those were the names of the songs.)
SpeedyDanny always got something up your sleeve eh? First drift mods, now changing music?
07/02/2017 19:34 Logan629#13
You should check my work @michaelmikhalev

New music:

New pursuit:

All my mods: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
07/06/2017 17:22 SpeedyDanny#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmikhalev View Post
SpeedyDanny always got something up your sleeve eh? First drift mods, now changing music?
i am a modder right? (begginer somehow)
join my discord server to talk about it: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

after you joined the server il ask you who are you and tell me how did you join (the unknown users i am removing them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan629 View Post
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] Yes we should gather together :)
not with noobs please.
07/07/2017 13:06 Logan629#15
I've some news about adding SNR & SNS file in NFSW...

It's possible. It was easier in the past, now it will be difficult cos of a big part of the community who is gone.
If you're working on music, please PM me.
I'll give you some files you haven't excepted.