Thoughts on MMO News

12/25/2009 01:49 Viscount S#1
The MMO News section was a brisk decision from the elitepvpers team. While it is understood that it was made to expand elitepvpers, it doesn't seem to benefit the community much at all.

The information given in each news reply is short and uninformative at best. It almost seems like a waste of time to even read the two sentence article and just click the links that it provides instead, therefore it almost seems like a waste of time for the team to devote their precious time towards making the articles.

Every once in a while, there will be a 'gold nugget' of information which I find interesting, but I find it much more so to read the article that the news post refers to. So I would like to say to the writers and staff that devote their time to making these articles:
Less is more. Spend more time refining your articles, and less time rushing as many articles as you can. Give us more to read about, include interesting and informative details. Write stuff that is pure gold, not the articles I've seen with only two sentences, and find something interesting to report on, that way you'll have more to talk about, and don't scour the internet scraping up anything you can do a news story on. Learn about the story, and report the story, not the article you read about it.

So please, make it worthwile.

I'm interested in your thoughts as well.
12/25/2009 23:58 John Dread#2
Those are nice thoughts and basically correct. But it seems you did not notice that all the writers of the newsarticles are moderators or even administrators of this forum. That means that most of the time they spend here is being used for moderating and keeping order in the sections so some just can't spend hours and hours refining their articles which takes a lot of time as I know myself not to mention the time it takes to "learn about the story".
That is why we, for a long time already, are looking for professional newsarticle authors or columnists. Unfortunately no applicant fulfilled our expectations and so we have to do it this way.
If you know so much about this, as it seems, why don't you give us some good examples and after that apply for a position?