How to get map files for pathfinding bot

01/12/2016 19:22 SturmGhost#1
Hello,

I try to program a bot which uses a navigation mesh to navigate trough the map.

I found software that can generate a mesh from the map:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

In order to use Recast I need the map files out of the gw2.dat. Is there any possibility to do this?

Or does someone know how to generate a mesh without the map files? Maybe read real-time player-coordinates out of the memory, generate a point after a coordinate-offset everytime and run over the entire map?

Does anybody have some tips or tutorials to program a pathfinding bot based on a navigation mesh?
01/12/2016 19:36 Agedyn#2
I used this to extract map files [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Look at source code of the Tyria 3D to figure out how terrain generation should be done.
01/12/2016 21:09 SturmGhost#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agedyn View Post
I used this to extract map files [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Look at source code of the Tyria 3D to figure out how terrain generation should be done.
Hey, already tried out GW2Browser. I extracted some Map Files but I don't know how to open this files. The browser gives me for example a "473992.cntc" file. Tried to open it with some programs but no success.

Tyria3D is new to me. I will looking on it. Thanks.
01/13/2016 17:17 Agedyn#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmGhost View Post
The browser gives me for example a "473992.cntc" file. Tried to open it with some programs but no success.
You have to make your own tool to get collision geometry out of the mapc files. I think that Rhoot has made a library for parsing them.
02/24/2018 23:11 SturmGhost#5
I'm back at this topic.

Is there any useful literature I can read to better understand this terrain/mesh topic?