How to make a custom texture map for NFSW offline?

08/20/2015 00:43 Azor99#1
Hi guys, Im just bored to see everytime the same map and i saw that is possible to custom it! Someone know how to made a map using a photo like background please? :rolleyes:
08/20/2015 03:18 realdealx#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azor99 View Post
Hi guys, Im just bored to see everytime the same map and i saw that is possible to custom it! Someone know how to made a map using a photo like background please? :rolleyes:
lean how to use Photoshop and make it ur self not hard to do
08/21/2015 20:10 Buzzcopter#3
Use layers, goto the merg properties or whaever it is in what you use and change the transparency, put the image you want in the background as the top image not the background layer...
08/24/2015 12:11 Axeman1337#4
is there a tool to import and extract textures from game?
08/24/2015 18:20 N/A#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman1337 View Post
is there a tool to import and extract textures from game?
The long answer... (someone shorten it, I'm too lazy now)

Extract textures (and meshes to a certain degree) from process memory, yes (use uMod, dll hook method)

Extract textures directly from game files, yes and no.
World and car textures can't be extracted yet.
BUT NFSW builds closer to launch date have unencrypted .dds GUI files, later GUI images moved to gfx_tex.bin and used GFX flash files to define various image/text parameters.

Export to process memory via uMod, yes, but it's really unstable when you change places, or HUD elements.

Export to game files, no, at the moment. With the exception of GUI files (in the GFX folder), which Hypercycle's good at.

I'm still trying to remove the alpha channels of ProfileGadget_I90.dds & ProfileGadget_I92.dds though (I know these files from 2011 NFSW builds)
I tried changing the image size in ProfileGadget.gfx, but to no luck yet.