Argate Exchange

07/08/2015 03:00 freez00#1
Hey everyone. I hope I can get some help with this.

I added the proper indexes to the exchange.csv file.
So I want to exchange Silver for Copper Argate. 1 Silver for 2 copper.
PriceItemIndex is the silver argate 9902. (Item the player must give).
GiveItemIdex is 9901 (Copper argate) ItemCount 2 (Item the player receives in exchange)
TakeItemIndex is 0 and Pricecount is 1 (1 silver argate)

I get the error "Item Exchange Failed" in the client and in the server debug I get "Not limit item 9901".

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? What do I need to change for this to work? Thanks in advance!
07/08/2015 03:48 Ultimo ☼#2
Maybe the problem is on the item file.. check itemetc.csv, and change the PeriodBreak column to "1" or to "0" i dont remember.. long time i dont mess with exchange npcs
07/08/2015 04:12 freez00#3
Currently the PeriodBreak for the argates are set to 1 so I will try 0 and see if it works.
07/08/2015 04:19 Ultimo ☼#4
let me know :D
07/08/2015 04:23 freez00#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo ☼ View Post
Maybe the problem is on the item file.. check itemetc.csv, and change the PeriodBreak column to "1" or to "0" i dont remember.. long time i dont mess with exchange npcs
dude you're awesome that did it! wow can't believe something that small made the difference. I'm still learning these files!

As a side note to anyone attempting this, there is some major reverse-retarded logic you have to do for it to work. Copper argate is index 9901, Gold argate is index 9903 and silver Argate is 9902.
If you want to exchange Copper for silver, you actually have to use index 9903 instead of 9902. To exchange copper for gold, you have to use index 9902 instead of 9903. For whatever reason it works perfectly this way.