Help with starting up a new server

11/17/2009 23:43 crono386#1
To anyone that can help me. I have downloaded silkbotters one click, started it without a problem the server connect wonderfully. What I'm having problems with is launching into the server. I have serched all forums, amd I'm using the chinese launcher.exe 8.0.5 I have changed the ips in the launcher with winhex. Both the server strength and update bars are full, but when I try to launch it, i get an chinese error message and "nothing" can anyone help me with a tut on setting up the data.pak and the launcher, or provide me with a launcher for silks dekaron differnce? I have been working on this for three weeks and I'm ehausted. Thanks in advance
11/18/2009 01:30 X-Infernal-X#2
I'm not sure which launcher your talking about but i know 1-clicks are not allowed.
11/18/2009 12:20 ~Kakkarot~#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Infernal-X View Post
I'm not sure which launcher your talking about but i know 1-clicks are not allowed.
He is talking about private server, in pserver section you have a download link for silkbotters 1-click serrver, since this is 2moons official section then this is posted in a wrong section

+#1 reported at 18/11/09 GMT +1 12:20 cause wrong section
11/18/2009 15:46 trane.#4
#Moved

Yes there is a section just for pserver hacks/exploits,.. and also for pservers discussion etc. and it's here.
11/18/2009 17:03 Ironica#5
if your using silkbotters 1 click you didn't have to add nothing to it, because it works 100% when installed on the vm.. so if anything you've caused the error.
11/25/2009 02:38 geek0x42#6
Ok here's all I've done.. Installed the server, followed the readme for updating the IP Addies.. All seems ok in the VM..

I then load the client on my desktop, out of VM..

Try to connect with the test account I created, all I get is "Cannot Connect to Server"

am I missing something? I'm about to try some workarounds with Hamachi..

edit:

Hamachi Failed lol..crashed soon as the loading reached 100%
11/25/2009 11:11 nobleman80#7
using NAT connection. this is what i m did. i run my server in the vm. run my game client on the host computer. using NAT connection i connected my game to the server. which means i dun need internet for the connection. THAT 1 DRAGON BALL GUY IN THE FORUM SAID MUST HAVE BOTH CLIENT AND SERVER ON THE VM. LET ME CORRECT HIM. HIS WRONG. LEARN SOME ON NAT CONNECTION. PLS DUN USE YOUR SKILL ON ME. HAHAHAH
11/25/2009 19:33 Decima#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek0x42 View Post
Ok here's all I've done.. Installed the server, followed the readme for updating the IP Addies.. All seems ok in the VM..

I then load the client on my desktop, out of VM..

Try to connect with the test account I created, all I get is "Cannot Connect to Server"

am I missing something? I'm about to try some workarounds with Hamachi..

edit:

Hamachi Failed lol..crashed soon as the loading reached 100%
did u edit the IP in the client as well??
11/25/2009 21:53 geek0x42#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decima View Post
did u edit the IP in the client as well??
Yeah I did.

I changed the IP's all across the board. I've tried using Hamachi, I've tried with NAT.. lol I'm running no firewalls/no router, just pure direct connection.. lol.

The total mind-fuck for me right now is that my PC can easily see the VM.. and vice versa.. However for some reason there's a connection issue..

My primary concern is to attain connectivity just once, so I can finally understand where the problem lies, after that, I'm gonna start perusing around the tech support areas for a WinMYSQLAdmin issue that came pre-packed with the download.

Update:
Found the fix for WinMYSQLAdmin (simple: dont run it)
and also fixed my connectivity issues hehe..
11/26/2009 17:13 janvier123#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnofwaR View Post
so somebody know why cant run server without hamachi?
Reported: Double post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
11/27/2009 00:29 geek0x42#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
Reported: Double post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
#Reported: For reporting! XD jk.. I didn't wouldn't lol..


And btw, for all interested.. This is how I got mine working.. lol

1. 2 Adapters:
- One NAT
- One Bridged

2. Setup Hamachi (Create network from the VM)

3. OpenOffice is annoying.. When you save a CSV file it wraps all values in quotes.. Do your modifications in Notepad for the IP's lol.. If you do use OpenOffice, anytime you save a csv file, open with notepad use find/replace and target the "s lol ** Might not always be the best option..
(Sorry but you won't catch me using Excel anytime soon, Dignity n all that)

Edit: Bit more here uh.. the reason I pointed out to create the network from VM was my own dumbass not thinking right when I setup hamachi on my host comp :P then OpenOffice well hehe, my main and only problem was those g'damn quotes :facepalm: