30K VSS/Nailed Shot Damage Bug

01/04/2015 21:00 [GM]Precious#1
When a toon received VSS debuff + Nailed Shot + Toxin or other DoT from an Archer/Hunter, the toon gets 30,000 Damage on HP/MP/SP.

There was an instance that a Flameshock does 30,000 Damage on HP/MP/SP too.

Anyone knows where to look this at and/or how to fix this? :(

** Episode 4.5 Omega Files
- We are willing to pay for the fix :3

Thanks,
Precious

Edit:
Added List of Skills and skill.Sdata
01/05/2015 02:17 _Diavolino_#2
i got something similar that i resolve by changing the TimeDamageType instead of 3 passed it at 4. try it the skill will be functionnal without to be at 30k damage ! :D

let us know !

kind Regards,

ps : i was not test with archer hunter just ranger assassin venom crash that was making 30k damage
01/05/2015 11:14 castor4878#3
the TimeDamageType field is not editable with shStudio, since I didn't find any information about it. (I wonder if it defines a time scale but not sure).

checking US v.284 NpcSkill.sdata, it appears that:
- most of skill define TimeDamageType to 0
- Hell Frame (#259), Heavy Smash (#262) & Ethereal Serpent (#572) use a TimeDamageType set to 1
- several (about 75) skills use TimeDamageType = 4
- some (about 24) skills use TimeDamageType = 5
- none use the value 3
01/05/2015 14:02 _Diavolino_#4
he was sending me an extract of the sdata and i see that venom crash exemple is set on 5 ... i cross problem me with that column on '3' so then 4 should be fine.
But i dont think that she make much sense, more in the way to use Default data if its not readable.
i will make some other try it sound interesting in one way.
01/05/2015 14:39 [GM]Precious#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
the TimeDamageType field is not editable with shStudio, since I didn't find any information about it. (I wonder if it defines a time scale but not sure).

checking US v.284 NpcSkill.sdata, it appears that:
- most of skill define TimeDamageType to 0
- Hell Frame (#259), Heavy Smash (#262) & Ethereal Serpent (#572) use a TimeDamageType set to 1
- several (about 75) skills use TimeDamageType = 4
- some (about 24) skills use TimeDamageType = 5
- none use the value 3
Anything you can suggest doing?

The most apparent occurrence is the Archer/Hunter debuffs. Usually the VSS and Nailed Shot registering 30K HP/MP/SP damage.
01/05/2015 18:22 wallerus#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
the TimeDamageType field is not editable with shStudio, since I didn't find any information about it. (I wonder if it defines a time scale but not sure).

checking US v.284 NpcSkill.sdata, it appears that:
- most of skill define TimeDamageType to 0
- Hell Frame (#259), Heavy Smash (#262) & Ethereal Serpent (#572) use a TimeDamageType set to 1
- several (about 75) skills use TimeDamageType = 4
- some (about 24) skills use TimeDamageType = 5
- none use the value 3
I have no info on this either apart from only a few DoT skills use it, not all of them which leads me to believe it's not a timer.
Venom Crash, Sustain Shot, Drag Down = 4
Deadly Poison Shot = 12
This is pulled from a modified EP5 Skill.SData, I'll extract an OS version of EP5 to compare to see if this '12' value is real or not.

Going from my knowledge, 'Type' is what it says, a different effect (type) and knowing how different Deadly Poison Shot is to any other DoT skill, I believe each number signifies a type rather than a timer.

From my notes, TypeDetail=61 determines a DoT skill, regardless of the TimeDamageType column, although I don't see any real differences in skills using 4 or 5. The only main difference I note is in Deadly Poison Shot.

As for your 30k damage problem, could you attach a csv of your skill file? Or at least extract the skills known to be causing it so we can compare columns for any differences.
01/05/2015 21:12 [GM]Precious#7
@wallerus

I added the list of skills and our skill.Sdata.

Thanks <3

Precious
01/05/2015 22:15 castor4878#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallerus View Post
I have no info on this either apart from only a few DoT skills use it, not all of them which leads me to believe it's not a timer.
Venom Crash, Sustain Shot, Drag Down = 4
Deadly Poison Shot = 12
My mistake sorry.
My comments was related to NpcSkills, not [Toon]Skills.

First, you are right, TypeDetail 61 is the sole DoT skill - type 81 defines heal over time but is not using the TimeDmgType field (0 for all).

Here is the list of typeDetails:

Second, the skill #354 has indeed a TimeDmgType of 12; skills #79, #122 & #135 use 4, all other skills use 0. (so no 5, no 3).

the difference I can see is that skills #79, #122 & #135 cause a damage equals to a percent of the target HP (for HP dmg), SP or MP (resp. for SP & MP damages); OOH skill #354 defines absolute damages (40 HP for skill lvl 1, 785 HP for skill lvl 6).

The NpcSkill also leads me to think that TimeDmgType defines the base of the computation of the damage (which is so an absolute value or a percent of the caster or target stats), further tests would be needed to confirm & find out the meaning of each possible values.
01/05/2015 22:48 wallerus#9
You have a couple that I'm missing due to only using Skill and not NPCSkill too, also due to only using Ep5 and previous versions, I'll have to add them on.
That's part of a small document I've made to help increase understanding of skills, it's incomplete as of now but I may expand upon it and release it. If you're interested in seeing it castor, to compare with your understanding I don't mind pm'ing you it - if it would be of any use to improve your tool I'd be glad to help.

As for Precious, I cross referenced your skill.csv with my own and the only difference is your Sustain Shot has TimeDamageType=5 whereas mine is 4. As castor has shown, 4 and 5 are common values so I don't see how it could be any harm, plus your version of skills is Ep4 whereas mine is Ep5 which could explain the slight difference.

This leads me to think it may not be a skill problem but possibly a ps_game edit or something else. My knowledge stops there though. All I can say is try and extract a different Skill.SData from another working server and test it to see if the problem persists or not, it will only take a couple of minutes to revert the changes.
01/06/2015 05:41 [GM]Precious#10
@Castor and wallerus

Thanks for checking! :)

If this is a ps_game.exe issue is there anyone you can refer who can help us fix it?
We are willing to pay for the service/help to have this fixed. :(

Reports are filing up about this issue and we want to address it as early as possible.

Thanks again! <3

Precious
12/09/2016 06:03 jef1233#11
it is work??

how to use it ??