PHP Source

12/09/2014 18:34 maxlovely#1
Anyone here can develop Basic PHP Source Code For CO Server?
12/09/2014 18:43 pro4never#2
Running a full server coded in PHP would be pretty pointless imo... I mean yes, you could prob do it without too many issues but 'why'? I assume it's because you want to be able to host your server using a web host rather than needing a vps/dedi server but they will likely have harsh cpu/ram limits for your web host making it nearly impossible/pointless.

OR you misspoke and you're looking for web scripts (online count, server status, registration, etc) in which case there's some in the release section.
12/09/2014 18:47 maxlovely#3
I want just basic PHP source has some kinds of log in packets,npcs ..etc.so I will be able to run server on any system such UNIX
12/09/2014 19:09 turk55#4
Why don't you pick another language and use it for what it is meant for. The idea behind PHP is to create a dynamic website and not a gameserver. If you want to support multiple platforms I suggest you to look into COPS v7.
12/09/2014 19:12 maxlovely#5
I saw pointblank PHP EMU so I tried to make CO PHP Source But I can't I never handle pakets
12/09/2014 19:29 donn#6
COPS V7 is developed in C++/Qt and can run on any Unix platform, why don't you give it a try?
12/09/2014 19:35 maxlovely#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
COPS V7 is developed in C++/Qt and can run on any Unix platform, why don't you give it a try?
I C++ is so hard but I can code with PHP
12/09/2014 20:01 pro4never#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlovely View Post
I C++ is so hard but I can code with PHP
You obviously cannot if you cannot even handle a socket connection properly in it...

It's a REALLY poor idea (no benefit, tons of drawbacks) but if you insist on doing it it's not really any different from coding a pserver in any other language that supports socket.

Keep a socket connection open and send/receive information over that connection. Anything past that is just a matter of logic/data processing (encryption, authentication sequence, game logic)
12/09/2014 20:19 maxlovely#9
But I can pay to any one can make it for me
12/09/2014 22:02 pro4never#10
I strongly doubt you want to pay enough to make it worth someone's time to write you a php based server.

You'd be writing everything from scratch with no php related examples. You'd be looking at hundreds of dollars to pay enough for someone's time to write even just basic login functionality (let alone anything past that)
12/09/2014 22:24 CptSky#11
PHP is not designed to run a game server. Doing one in PHP would be really stupid. If the only reason is to have a cross-platform source or because you don't know other languages, well, that's pretty bad reasons...

COPS v7 is the only source on this forum that I'm aware of to be designed with cross-platform support in mind. It will work on any UNIX-like system (Unix, GNU/Linux, OS X) and on Windows systems. Also, it should work on any processor architecture (tested at least with Intel (i386, x86_64), PowerPC (ppc, ppc64) and ARM). Although I don't recommend it, you could run it on a Raspberry Pi...

COPS v6 could work with Mono with some minor modifications (I have a working version).
12/11/2014 11:10 InsomniacPro#12
This section must have turned into humor posting.
12/11/2014 15:01 Super Aids#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
PHP is not designed to run a game server. Doing one in PHP would be really stupid. If the only reason is to have a cross-platform source or because you don't know other languages, well, that's pretty bad reasons...

COPS v7 is the only source on this forum that I'm aware of to be designed with cross-platform support in mind. It will work on any UNIX-like system (Unix, GNU/Linux, OS X) and on Windows systems. Also, it should work on any processor architecture (tested at least with Intel (i386, x86_64), PowerPC (ppc, ppc64) and ARM). Although I don't recommend it, you could run it on a Raspberry Pi...

COPS v6 could work with Mono with some minor modifications (I have a working version).
My D source too, unfortunately I've only released the sockets so far though.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I've only finished the auth server of my source though, but I expect to be able to finish the login sequence and basics, the release first revision of it.
12/11/2014 15:40 Korvacs#14
We've been through this before, not the first time someone decided to try and write a source in PHP.

Don't do it, don't even attempt it you are literally wasted your time on it.
12/12/2014 04:12 x[t]c#15
If your bound determined to code one in PHP, you can start here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Nobody is going to code one for you, and one doesn't exist, so you will have to start on your own.