VLC Player without any Gui - Linux

10/13/2014 22:35 ~> Thalion ッ <~#1
Hello Guys, is there any way to run VLC Player on Debian without any gui? i wan't to make an ts3 musicbot with it. (i don't want to pay anything, i'll host it by myself)
10/13/2014 22:40 xLcd#2
You'll need a graphical interface for your server. Maybe there is a mediaplayer without any gui (I don't think so), but TeamSpeak 3 Client isn't available without a gui. ;)
10/13/2014 23:18 ~> Thalion ッ <~#3
hmm.. ok but thanks
10/14/2014 11:37 XxharCs#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by #M2Back2Roots View Post
Hello Guys, is there any way to run VLC Player on Debian without any gui? i wan't to make an ts3 musicbot with it. (i don't want to pay anything, i'll host it by myself)

To start vlc as a console interface, you can use this:
Code:
vlc -I ncurses
To play a file for example you can use this:
Code:
vlc name.mp3
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Edit:
Here you have 3 links for installing ts3 server under a linux system:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLcd View Post
You'll need a graphical interface for your server. Maybe there is a mediaplayer without any gui (I don't think so), but TeamSpeak 3 Client isn't available without a gui. ;)
First there was a command line interface, then the GUI came. And almost every usefull application / most of the applications(not games or tv streamers and so on) have a CLI version.
And yes, you have a vlc CLI and yes, you have a ts3-server CLI.

But if you want to use the ts3-client, then you need a graphical desktop, but if you just want to create a ts3-server and run it, then you don't need a graphical dekstop.
10/14/2014 16:30 Delinquenz#5
Quote:
you have a ts3-server CLI.
He wrote, that the client is not available as CLI version, which is as far as I know right.
10/14/2014 16:48 xLcd#6
He wants a musicbot so he will need the TeamSpeak 3 client...
10/14/2014 17:41 XxharCs#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delinquenz View Post
He wrote, that the client is not available as CLI version, which is as far as I know right.
If you read carefully then you should see/read this in my last sentence...
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxharCs View Post
But if you want to use the ts3-client, then you need a graphical desktop, but if you just want to create a ts3-server and run it, then you don't need a graphical dekstop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLcd View Post
He wants a musicbot so he will need the TeamSpeak 3 client...
As far as i know not, though you need to pay 2,50€ after a week free, but it's worth(my opinion). => [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS3MusicBot
The TS3MusicBot is a unique MusicBot for teamspeak fully working on linux without any kind of soundcard or graphical display. Concepted to run on any modern linux distribution.
10/16/2014 22:07 ~> Thalion ッ <~#8
thanks to all of you :)