Board ala 4chan's /r9k/

10/08/2014 17:38 Ennea#1
I hereby request an experimental board that would be similar in nature to 4chan's /r9k/; which means, the goal is to eliminate duplicate and shitty content. Topics could be "free for all" or restricted to a certain spectrum, not really sure myself. The responsible moderators (I'd love to, but lack the time) would ensure that threads with no discussion potential or threads which already exist elsewhere in that forum will be deleted. The goal of this is to create a board with high quality content, also potentially (hopefully) locking out idiot users by deleting their posts if they do not contribute to the discussion. If all goes well, maybe some aspects could be carried over to other boards.

Edit:
For the time being, I have created [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] for this exact same purpose. Feel free to apply.
10/08/2014 17:45 MrDami123#2
Tell me more about: '/r9k/'
Quote:
which means, the goal is to eliminate duplicate and shitty content.
Isn't really explaining.
10/08/2014 17:54 Sycs Honeyboy#3
Tolle Idee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDami123 View Post
Tell me more about: '/r9k/'


Isn't really explaining.
Go on 4chan and see yourself.
10/08/2014 17:56 Ennea#4
Looks like /r9k/ is a bit different nowadays. As far as I remember, it started out as a board that promoted original content. That is also what I want with this new board here. (Possibly) original, but more importantly high quality content. No half-assed crap. Topics should be specific to something, but not too specific. As an example, a thread about a certain detail in a game (e.g. Destiny) would be too specific. Instead, post that inside a discussion thread about Destiny, or create if it doesn't exist and write a short introduction.
10/08/2014 17:59 MrDami123#5
I was and i don't get it.

It would be great if someone could explain the idea behind 'ROBOT9001' and in which way this would be useful here in the forum. :)
10/08/2014 18:04 Ennea#6
Well, as I said, original content would be promoted there. Everything else would be deleted. A board which only focus is high quality content. I had the idea due to an argument in the shoutbox about the high amount of low quality content on ePvP. We obviously wouldn't call it r9k or ROBOT9001, but the general idea behind it would be the same. No spam, no sweepstakes/lotteries/whatever, only high quality discussions about various topics.
10/08/2014 18:07 MrDami123#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennea View Post
Looks like /r9k/ is a bit different nowadays. As far as I remember, it started out as a board that promoted original content. That is also what I want with this new board here. (Possibly) original, but more importantly high quality content. No half-assed crap. Topics should be specific to something, but not too specific. As an example, a thread about a certain detail in a game (e.g. Destiny) would be too specific. Instead, post that inside a discussion thread about Destiny, or create if it doesn't exist and write a short introduction.
And how does that fit inside this forum?
A typical board like this is oriented about a topic or two which are already specific in this case games.
With the time it has grown and got apart from GFX, programming (normal internet needs).. a TBM for everything and other non game related topics. Everyone which does not find a subforum to post uses the offtopic, which is open for practically every legal and not disgusting content.
There are a lot of people active to answer and discuss about the content. For me it seems like we have this 'r9k' already. Or do I miss a crucial point?

update to previous post:
Can u transcribe 'high quality content'? And in which way this would be useful after time passes?
10/08/2014 18:14 Ennea#8
Yes, you are missing the crucial point. I don't use the forums myself anymore, I'm just here for the shoutbox. And the reason for that is the high amount of low quality threads and posts. Why are you even questioning that? I'd like to see a place that is solely for deep discussions of specific topics. Some of those may already exist around here, but I want a central place for all of them. And I don't know if this will work out or if it will have any impact on the rest of ePvP; hence "experimental board".
10/08/2014 18:15 MrSm!th#9
Quote:
Well, as I said, original content would be promoted there. Everything else would be deleted. A board which only focus is high quality content. I had the idea due to an argument in the shoutbox about the high amount of low quality content on ePvP. We obviously wouldn't call it r9k or ROBOT9001, but the general idea behind it would be the same. No spam, no sweepstakes/lotteries/whatever, only high quality discussions about various topics.
And especially: No Chit-Chats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDami123 View Post
And how does that fit inside this forum?
A typical board like this is oriented about a topic or two which are already specific in this case games.
With the time it has grown and got apart from GFX, programming (normal internet needs).. a TBM for everything and other non game related topics. Everyone which does not find a subforum to post uses the offtopic, which is open for practically every legal and not disgusting content.
There are a lot of people active to answer and discuss about the content. For me it seems like we have this 'r9k' already. Or do I miss a crucial point?

update to previous post:
Can u transcribe 'high quality content'? And in which way this would be useful after time passes?
The Off Topic section is the exact opposite of "high quality".
How do you want to transcribe quality further? Ennea means a section encouraging users to spend their time on creating useful posts, on creating content that is really relevant and was not already discussed 100 times.
10/08/2014 18:23 MrDami123#10
Haha, well, I must be hanging to long on epvp, there is no quality content here anywhere and I don't saw it anytime. (Except sometimes in the premium area)
So your idea was kind of not imaginable, at least at the beginning.

But I now know exactly what you mean. Totally for that. ;)
10/08/2014 18:49 Javasova#11
I am imagining a section without trolls right now. And it feels good.
Would love to see it here.
10/08/2014 20:15 Moneypulation#12
I have to agree, the off topic is nothing but spam and post farming. I'm for the suggestion as well :)
10/09/2014 18:55 Єrdmännchen™#13
Könnte mir das jemand mal kurz auf Deutsch erklären? Also praktisch ein Seriöses Off-Topic Forum, in dem es um Seriöse Themen mit Seriösen Begründungen und nicht um Metin2 Geflame, etc. geht?
HELL YEAH
10/09/2014 19:19 N4NÔ#14
Was sollte das hier für einen nutzen haben?
Wer daran interessiert ist soll halt auf 4chan lurken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by javasova View Post
I am imagining a section without trolls right now. And it feels good.
Would love to see it here.
Hahaha, you won't find such a section, nowhere.
10/09/2014 19:39 Meiko​#15
you're on the wrong website for that.