GM Map

07/27/2009 21:54 ookamocka#1
alright kinda random but i saw in an "interview" w/ a GM of CO that there's such thing as a "GM Map" and that is where NPCs are stored when they're not in game (such as SolarSaint)... so... it'd be quite interesting if someone managed to find a way into the "GM Map"... of course i'd have no idea where to start... has anyone on a pserver managed to access their GM Map?

kinda reminds me of CO and GM Island :) (youtube it)
07/28/2009 00:55 hunterman01#2
Yeah the map id is 5000 and it is true all the "unused npcs" go there or the fucked up ones and no it is not possible to get there if you are not a gm/pm
07/28/2009 01:28 ookamocka#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
and no it is not possible to get there if you are not a gm/pm
that's what the GMs in WoW said :rolleyes:
07/29/2009 03:09 darkbluekira47#4
i think there's no GM map on CO? it doen'ts exist cause CO is very is practical game GM can easily DO command stuff like respawn NPC,ITEMS,etc.. just a few typing to the Keyboard so GM won't bother making GM Maps it wound't so if may hacker find it out it well f*cked up the entire game and servers..
07/29/2009 04:35 ~HackerDude~#5
it does exits i am a pm in a private server and it is where i and the gm test npcs before putting them into the game, there is no way to access them in CO.
07/29/2009 06:06 CptSky#6
Quote:
Yeah the map id is 5000 and it is true all the "unused npcs" go there or the fucked up ones and no it is not possible to get there if you are not a gm/pm
Good to know:)
07/29/2009 14:02 Zeelia#7
I don't see why they would do like this, it would be so easy and less space and memory taking to load an entire new map just to save unused NPC's which just could be unloaded and maybe a timer can load it into the game when the time comes.
Or maybe the map is static once its created?? Hmm.. don't know. That's just my point of view.
//Zeelia
07/29/2009 14:24 IAmHawtness#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HackerDude~ View Post
it does exits i am a pm in a private server and it is where i and the gm test npcs before putting them into the game, there is no way to access them in CO.
Gosh.. you do know there's a difference between a private server and TQ's Conquer server, right?
07/29/2009 17:38 InfamousNoone#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHawtness View Post
Gosh.. you do know there's a difference between a private server and TQ's Conquer server, right?
It exists in the TQ binaries aswell, as well in CQ database dumps (original 'hacked' versions in english, and chinese versions from TQ binaries). You remind me of myself.
07/30/2009 01:00 hunterman01#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbluekira47 View Post
i think there's no GM map on CO? it doen'ts exist cause CO is very is practical game GM can easily DO command stuff like respawn NPC,ITEMS,etc.. just a few typing to the Keyboard so GM won't bother making GM Maps it wound't so if may hacker find it out it well f*cked up the entire game and servers..
You dont understand there is no possible way to get there without a command

Its a jail map btw it looks like regular jail and bot jail and all that stuff just with alot of F*cking npcs everywhere
07/30/2009 03:53 ookamocka#11
Quote:
You dont understand there is no possible way to get there without a command
there's always a way . . . the problem is figuring how to ;)
05/27/2010 12:06 shadycharacter#12
uh, the way in is with the command. so get your account to be able to use [GM] commands, and you're in.
05/27/2010 13:39 zhalyn#13
ookamocka[PM]
ookamocka[GM]

there you can go to GM map by typing /chngmap 5000 74 54.
but the problem is how to add [PM]/[GM] on names :)

but i remembered.. lastly you disabled "last names" :) (its server sided right?)
just wondering you can bypass to the cn_res error of "invalid char name" :)
05/30/2010 06:26 Ian*#14
Im sure there is a portal ID somewhere that goes into that map.
MapID is rather useless for the instance, you need the actual portal ID to it, you can get
portal id's by parsing out conquer's database in the cq_map's table.

haven't looked for it, could honestly care less about a bunch of npc's which have been removed, so yeah.
05/31/2010 10:56 Korvacs#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian* View Post
Im sure there is a portal ID somewhere that goes into that map.
MapID is rather useless for the instance, you need the actual portal ID to it, you can get
portal id's by parsing out conquer's database in the cq_map's table.

haven't looked for it, could honestly care less about a bunch of npc's which have been removed, so yeah.
I doubt they would have a portal which leads to a map such as that. Ive parsed every dmap there isnt a portal which leads to such a map built into the dmaps.