Should the SRO 2 server files be sold or released for free?

10/15/2013 15:45 Callum#1
Given the bad example of releasing the vSRO database was, I think It'll be better to sell the files to specific people (obviously, if the person is buying the files, he's dedicated to create a server) whereas if the files were released for free, anybody can get their hands on it, and the community will end up like it is now.

Sold
  • People who bought the files will take more care of their servers
  • Owners will be more greedy
  • Not "everyone" has the files this way

Released
  • Everyone has the files, will be a repeat of vSRO files
  • Owners will be less greedy
  • Servers will be released with edits of 200 cap and 15dg (again)
10/15/2013 16:09 Shifty*#2
Isn't it to early to start a discussion about this? First of all, the game should be released first.
10/15/2013 16:11 Bartic#3
How about neither?
10/15/2013 16:13 Callum#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty* View Post
Isn't it to early to start a discussion about this? First of all, the game should be released first.
that's the mistake which was made previously, and then before you know it, the files were leaked.
10/15/2013 16:19 Ketin#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I can see before even replying that you didn't read the thread correctly.

When the server-files were leaked, the advertising section turned into a pit full of useless servers. What I'm saying is - if the SRO 2 files get leaked, should they be sold or released for free?
I red the thread correctly, just like Shifty said, it's WAY too early to think about it, but whatever :D

Well, we still don't know if SRO 2 is going to be popular or not, how many players it's going to have, but anyways, imo the best would be that no one would even hack and have those server files besides game developers.
10/15/2013 16:23 Callum#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketin View Post
I red the thread correctly, just like Shifty said, it's WAY too early to think about it, but whatever :D

Well, we still don't know if SRO 2 is going to be popular or not, how many players it's going to have, but anyways, imo the best would be that no one would even hack and have those server files besides game developers.
I know, but there's no other active conversations aside from the hyperfilter thread - which I know nothing about so I can't contribute :(
10/15/2013 16:26 Nezekan#7
Obviously the first option, though it wouldn't be ideal.

The ideal situation: there are no server files leaked, the only people with a private server are actually skilled and can code their own emulator (not talking about pax' emulator, but something somewhat decent)
10/15/2013 16:47 Judgelemental#8
When I read the title I was like : omg sro2 files are released
but when I read the post I was like : you're bored aren't you?
10/15/2013 16:49 Callum#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Of course I am, I always start discussions when I'm bored - due to nothing else to do.
10/15/2013 17:19 Violett#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Yeah lol, in fact that the one who would leak the files, wouldnt give a single flying fu** to that opinions out here. That poll wont change anything, once a virtual cowboy found a source or is in possession of any files, you can be sure, he will release them. Even if he would sell those files, there would be still retarded pservers, like now. And at the end, everyone will be in the possession of those files.
10/15/2013 18:04 magicanoo#11
If i had access to SRO2 servers,I'd keep them for myself just for development and fun until I get sure that these files are completely bugless.
Then,RELEASE TIMEZZ.
10/15/2013 18:05 Eifillity#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Go ddos his brain.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG.
10/15/2013 18:16 Callum#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
No worries, last 5 days I had no internet at all, now that I am back I will come for your precious Barricade :)
I don't see the point of saying that you're going to DDoS someone, does it give you internet stardom, or what? I'm sure when you DDoS a server, the whole point is doing anonymously. You just completely defeat that purpose lol
10/15/2013 18:27 WickedNite#14
Quote:
I don't see the point of saying that you're going to DDoS someone, does it give you internet stardom, or what? I'm sure when you DDoS a server, the whole point is doing anonymously. You just completely defeat that purpose lol
No ddosing at all, and this was a long time promise.
10/15/2013 19:08 鳳凰城#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
No worries, last 5 days I had no internet at all, now that I am back I will come for your precious Barricade :)
wery afraid.

Quote:
Get ddoshield. it will protect your brain from his almighty ddos floods.