Redux v2 - Official 5065 Classic Source

04/05/2014 15:47 pro4never#1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortzax View Post
Hi pro4never , cand you answer me to a question ? i want to know what kind of bugs do you know are in this source . I want to know what i'm dealing with . big Thanks !! :) :)

No known major bugs. Just content and some minor features you need to code.

As with ANY conquer source, you should have (or start to learn) a bit of programming knowledge so that you can fix minor issues and add new content as you go but there's no major flaw in this source last I heard.
04/05/2014 18:21 Fortzax#1232
ok thanks , i want to say that i have very big laag i dont know why , and GM comands are for everyone ? if ym right how to i change it only for gm . ?????
04/05/2014 18:29 -Zo#1233
Quote:
ok thanks , i want to say that i have very big laag i dont know why , and GM comands are for everyone ? if ym right how to i change it only for gm . ?????
commands are already only for GMs..
04/05/2014 18:37 Fortzax#1234
HMM ok , ive change twin city npc text Welcomer , but nothing hapen . the text is the same :| ..... i'm talking about tokenawarder . (Welcomer) .... i need to change it from client ??????
04/05/2014 19:13 -Zo#1235
Quote:
HMM ok , ive change twin city npc text Welcomer , but nothing hapen . the text is the same :| ..... i'm talking about tokenawarder . (Welcomer) .... i need to change it from client ??????
nope, it's source sided.. maybe u didn't debug or something like that..
04/05/2014 20:02 Fortzax#1236
thanks man , now it works :D ..onother thing , the market npc's aren't working , how do i make them work ???????
04/05/2014 21:03 pro4never#1237
Quote:
thanks man , now it works :D ..onother thing , the market npc's aren't working , how do i make them work ???????

You have to script all the content and events.

This is a near full emulation of 5065 conquer. It's now up to you to add new content to it and things like npcs/quests/events.
04/05/2014 21:07 Fortzax#1238
i do not know c++ but i will try to learn .. :(
04/05/2014 22:57 Y u k i#1239
Quote:
i do not know c++ but i will try to learn .. :(
Jfyi its C# LOL
04/06/2014 01:04 InsomniacPro#1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
No known major bugs.
Let's not mislead people now, it's not nice.
04/06/2014 01:08 Y u k i#1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacPro View Post
Let's clarify that, im sure insomnia, execution and others will vouch for the following points:

Stackoverflows on Memcpy
Stackoverflows on Socket Disconnect
Stackoverflows on NHibernate.

^ Those are the major bugs

Null refs all over the place, Lagspikes cause of the Memcpy (wich is weird enough on its own)

Let's not forget about constant crashes with data loss (saves) caused by the above.

memset all over the place, doing nothing but null existing memory FOR NO REASON. I removed that function and nothing at all changed. (The bugs were existing be4 i removed memset)

Frankly chis, either you didn't know about the issues this source has or you are ignorant.
04/06/2014 01:10 Yupmoh#1242
I totally agree to that and I believe I was the first to experience those issues, Kept on fixing issues, But others kept showing up, We even recoded the native class, Didn't work and still kept on throwing SOF's like mad, I wouldn't recommend this base for a private server that wants to grow.
04/06/2014 01:43 pro4never#1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacPro View Post
What is a single major bug that's been reported? I'm not aware of any or it would have already been fixed.

Efficiency and improvements that can be made for sure but actual failed features? Dunno of any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
Let's clarify that, im sure insomnia, execution and others will vouch for the following points:

Stackoverflows on Memcpy
Stackoverflows on Socket Disconnect
Stackoverflows on NHibernate.

^ Those are the major bugs

Null refs all over the place, Lagspikes cause of the Memcpy (wich is weird enough on its own)

Let's not forget about constant crashes with data loss (saves) caused by the above.

memset all over the place, doing nothing but null existing memory FOR NO REASON. I removed that function and nothing at all changed. (The bugs were existing be4 i removed memset)

Frankly chis, either you didn't know about the issues this source has or you are ignorant.

I haven't had conquer installed on my computer in a very, very long time nor have I payed any attention to the development of the code. I was not aware serious bugs had ever been reported in this.

Feel free to update it with those issues fixed though as this is an open source project :)

I know in tests it had been run for weeks without any issues but maybe that's a long outdated version.
04/06/2014 03:56 InsomniacPro#1244
Who the heck brought up features? That should be the very least someone looks for in a source.

#EDIT
"Efficiency and improvements that can be made for sure but actual failed features? Dunno of any."

Shows where your priorities were.
04/06/2014 05:41 Gazzayeatman#1245
Quote:
Hi pro4never , cand you answer me to a question ? i want to know what kind of bugs do you know are in this source . I want to know what i'm dealing with . big Thanks !! :) :)
You could read the thread, or you could download the source and look for yourself.