Redux v2 - Official 5065 Classic Source

12/12/2013 08:14 LordGragen.#511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic run6 View Post
Looks great :). I gotta seriously look at this source and try and attempt to make a private server for me to mess around with.
But first.. a little off-topic.
--
When do you usually stream for League of Legends?
--
Stream schedule
Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays: 12pm-6pm EST
Thursday + Friday: 11 AM-3PM
12/12/2013 16:28 pro4never#512
Yes, those are the 'scheduled' hours. I do quite a bit more then that usually starting early/ghoing late/etc

Best to just like the facebook or twitch page so you get notified.
12/12/2013 17:00 mujake#513
Are those NPC codes I released any good?
Seems like that 2nd reborn NPC is too complicated for me, ill do the quest if requested(only thinkg i would like to know is how to spawn monsters from NPCs).
Also are socket weapons dropping, blessed or +1? i might try to add it if it is not.
12/12/2013 17:04 pro4never#514
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujake View Post
Are those NPC codes I released any good?
Seems like that 2nd reborn NPC is too complicated for me, ill do the quest if requested(only thinkg i would like to know is how to spawn monsters from NPCs).
Also are socket weapons dropping, blessed or +1? i might try to add it if it is not.
Drops should be pretty much done.

Spawns via NPC would require some minor logic changes to the spawn system but I can work on that later I suppose.

I honestly haven't looked at the NPCs yet. Will take a peek when I'm at work later.
12/14/2013 00:19 Froz3n:)#515
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
It seems like somebody else donated, I am now 4th in nobility rank and it shows that I'm 3rd and got the king emblem.
12/14/2013 01:15 pro4never#516
The 4th donator donated after you therefor when querying accounts yours will show first in the list. Equal donation amount has to be sorted some way and could possibly be handled differently by the client.

Not even an issue though... no one is going to have exact same donation value in practice.
12/14/2013 01:22 Aceking#517
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
The 4th donator donated after you therefor when querying accounts yours will show first in the list. Equal donation amount has to be sorted some way and could possibly be handled differently by the client.

Not even an issue though... no one is going to have exact same donation value in practice.
I just wrote a quick fix for it actually, well I thought it was a quick fix.
Problem is the IndexOf method for the iList isn't recognizing that an object is the same as the other.

The problem is the icon is handled by a mysql function that simply returns the amount of donators who have more donation than you.
Obviously in this case it doesn't include the person who has the same donation.
12/14/2013 02:16 pro4never#518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
I just wrote a quick fix for it actually, well I thought it was a quick fix.
Problem is the IndexOf method for the iList isn't recognizing that an object is the same as the other.

The problem is the icon is handled by a mysql function that simply returns the amount of donators who have more donation than you.
Obviously in this case it doesn't include the person who has the same donation.
I see 3 ways of handling this.

#1: Leave it as is, it's not a problem
#2: Change the sql function to be >= so it places you technically BELOW all users same donation as you
#3: Add a timestamp for "LastDonatedAt" in the nobility table. Sort by Donation ASC (oldest donators first) and then count number of people with higher donation OR equal donation and higher DonationTime

It's all about standardization and I can see the confusion but I just fail to see it as a significant issue.

If you want to beat player X you will donate more currency then them (pointless to ever match them)
12/14/2013 03:16 LordGragen.#519
will 2.9 come out next week?
12/14/2013 03:46 Aceking#520
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
will 2.9 come out next week?
I think that is unlikely in my opinion. Not unless Pro finds some time and decides to complete pets....

Personally I don't have the time right now to work on such a big feature.
I have 3 finals to take between now and the end of next week which puts alot of constraints on the time I have.

Quote:
I see 3 ways of handling this.

#1: Leave it as is, it's not a problem
#2: Change the sql function to be >= so it places you technically BELOW all users same donation as you
#3: Add a timestamp for "LastDonatedAt" in the nobility table. Sort by Donation ASC (oldest donators first) and then count number of people with higher donation OR equal donation and higher DonationTime

It's all about standardization and I can see the confusion but I just fail to see it as a significant issue.

If you want to beat player X you will donate more currency then them (pointless to ever match them)
Its definitely not a significant issue that is really gonna cause alot of problems in game. But it is still something that should be fixed properly at some point.

Changing the query to be >= will not work in all cases. It will work in his case, however reverse the roles and it will not.

Basically the icon needs to match the list of donations that is being updated by the nobility manager. If I could use IndexOf on that list, there wouldn't be an issue. Apparently it isn't able to compare classes. I thought it might have been the fact that the function uses a transform method, so I removed the stored function and tried with a regular query but same result.

I added a ranking list of UIDs to the nobility manager that is updated at the same time as the page listings, just a temporary measure until a more efficient solution can be designed.
Since it is updated a the same time as the pages, the rankings will be the same.
12/14/2013 04:25 pro4never#521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
I think that is unlikely in my opinion. Not unless Pro finds some time and decides to complete pets....

Personally I don't have the time right now to work on such a big feature.
I have 3 finals to take between now and the end of next week which puts alot of constraints on the time I have.

Its definitely not a significant issue that is really gonna cause alot of problems in game. But it is still something that should be fixed properly at some point.

Changing the query to be >= will not work in all cases. It will work in his case, however reverse the roles and it will not.

Basically the icon needs to match the list of donations that is being updated by the nobility manager. If I could use IndexOf on that list, there wouldn't be an issue. Apparently it isn't able to compare classes. I thought it might have been the fact that the function uses a transform method, so I removed the stored function and tried with a regular query but same result.

I added a ranking list of UIDs to the nobility manager that is updated at the same time as the page listings, just a temporary measure until a more efficient solution can be designed.
Since it is updated a the same time as the pages, the rankings will be the same.

My reasoning behind >= was because you want to air on the side of caution. Give them the LOWEST rating possible so they are encouraged to donate and beat their ties.

If there are two people with 10kk donation and 2 people with 9kk donation then both of the 9kk donations should be princes as they are not really the top 3 donations on the server.

I'd rather force people down a rating than improperly bump them up a rating.
12/14/2013 10:10 Froz3n:)#522
I like your thinking, maybe >= should do it :)
12/16/2013 22:57 Aceking#523
With the exception of pets, what else is left?
12/17/2013 01:10 pro4never#524
Mentor system
Dis City
Second Reborn
Lab
Blue mouse
Moonbox
Many usable items
12/17/2013 01:39 Aceking#525
Quote:
Mentor system
Dis City
Second Reborn
Lab
Blue mouse
Moonbox
Many usable items
Hmm blue mouse and moonbox will be fairly simple....
Dont suppose anyone has a list of maps and co ordinates for the mouse?

Also means I would have to fix the PC mine maps...